Favourite Combos????

Tbay

White Belt
Reaction score
Howdy!!!

im new here and just though i would introduce myself. iv been training half a year in mma (thai boxing, boxing, jiu jitsu, and wrestling. just to make this thread totally not useless i figured to throw in what is your favourite combo.

personally i kinda like to keep it simple, with a jab then a right kick, or just a jab cross hook uppercut.

i have used the search button and found a couple threads, just not alot of input on them.

Personal favs :

Against people who cover up high
Jab, jab, (moving left) straight right to the solar plexus

Also :
Jab, slip out, Jab, Slip in, Jab, Cross, Liver shot

Against crappy or just average strikers throw double or triple jabs or like double jab, lead hook or uppercut.
Lead cross followed by a hook to the body then a hook to the head.
Double jab, upper cut, hook, hook.
Punches in bunches, trying to keep em coming from all angles.

( southpaw - right handed )

cross, right upper cut, ( move left ) left hook

wow keep em comming guys, these all sound great. I wish i could hit the gym right now and try a couple of em out. A couple of days ago i was sparring with a new guy and i figured it was the perfect time to throw out a new combo. i threw a jab, cross, right kick to the thigh, right cross, left kick to the ribs, right hook, left hook, then a right high kick, all the kicks landed, and a couple of the punches did. I thought that was a pretty mint FAT combo.

This one is hard to describe but so versatile everyone should know it (its something I created based on watching mike tyson for 8 hours one day)

Two different openings:

Jab, hook, Switch step (to set the right hand on the lead), right body shot, than your left leg cocked or you can use your left hand for a sneaky sneaky cross. Or end after the right body shot with a right uppercut and left legg'ed kick to the body (trust me it will probably hit)

The second opening is Jab, cross to the body, hook, than everything else.... The cross to the body adds different levels which makes punches landing more likely.

Dont thank me, thank Mike "I'll eat your babys" Tyson

Howdy!!!

im new here and just though i would introduce myself. iv been training half a year in mma (thai boxing, boxing, jiu jitsu, and wrestling. just to make this thread totally not useless i figured to throw in what is your favourite combo.

personally i kinda like to keep it simple, with a jab then a right kick, or just a jab cross hook uppercut.

i have used the search button and found a couple threads, just not alot of input on them.

well punches and low kicks are my favorite combos to defeat a fast boxer.

1) jab, cross, rear round kick using the shoulder turn of the cross to set up the kick
2) Jab, cross, short lead hook
3) jab, cross, jab, ducking reverse punch to body
4) jab, cross, fake a rear round kick and throw spin side kick to body
5) jab, step jab, rear overhand, lead uppercut, rear shovel hook, step lead overhand

1-3-2-3

Hooking off of the jab is probably my favorite technique. Also like doubling up with the left hook in close low-high, the 1-1-2body, advancing with 1-2 then dig 5b-4b... Jabs, hooks, and body work are things I enjoy most

For me, everything comes off the jab. I don't care if I am kickboxing, boxing or MMA. Usually the RH follows, but I have like four different jabs. One to bring his hands down, one to get a solid overhand right, one to try and break his nose and run to throw the leg kick.

I usually stick to these punch combos:
1. jab, straight right, left hook.
2. overhand right, left hook, right uppercut
3. jab, straight right, left hook, pause overhand right, left hook.

Most people are taught to punch on 1, 3, or 5,. I like to kick on two and five.

Alot of it is what ever the guy gives me. When ever I get a guy backed into the ropes or cage, I just start banging, body head, body body head.

I have 2 favourites:

First is the jab, slide forward with a right to the body, left hook high, followed by rear foot roundhouse or knee

Second usually comes after I've established the one-two with some consistency:

I like to move forward with every punch with this sequence: Jab, cross, jab/hook, overhand/right hook. This works soooo often because you get the guy retreating and covering up for the right cross down the middle on the fourth punch, but instead you loop it up and around his guard,

Against crappy or just average strikers throw double or triple jabs or like double jab, lead hook or uppercut.
Lead cross followed by a hook to the body then a hook to the head.
Double jab, upper cut, hook, hook.
Punches in bunches, trying to keep em coming from all angles.

yeah, snap jab, right cross, left hook body-head....certainly my favorite

I'm a lefty:

1.) Cross, right hook, circle step, big left headkick (see Mirko CroCop)

2.) Jab, Left hook to the body, front leg roundhouse to the fighter's lead leg (See Ernesto Hoost)

3.) jab, cross, elbow, clinch knee, knee, elbow

4.) jab, jab (while circle stepping both times), back leg roundhouse to the body.

5.) Slip his jab, right hook, cross, jab, circle step, back leg roundhouse to the body or head followed by a front leg roundhouse to the hamstring of his lead leg.

6.) jab, right hook to the body, right hook to the head inside leg kick.

Those are just a few.

well when i sparr i would usually:
Right foot teep, 3 thigh left footed roundhouses, then i would end with a teep then a right handed hook to the jaw .

Then the rest is just random stuff.

What I really like doing is jab, cross, round kick to ribs, (now switch footed) jab

The jab cross are simply to take attention away from feet, then the kick is hard to knock wind out of opponent and the that switch jab is really hard... usually not blocked in my experience...

left jab-rightcross-lefthook-left knee strike

bob-weave

right knee strike- right hook

bob-weave

left knee strike

bob-weave

right cross-left jab-left hook

bob weave

right knee-left cross

( repeat )

This one is hard to describe but so versatile everyone should know it (its something I created based on watching mike tyson for 8 hours one day)

Two different openings:

Jab, hook, Switch step (to set the right hand on the lead), right body shot, than your left leg cocked or you can use your left hand for a sneaky sneaky cross. Or end after the right body shot with a right uppercut and left legg'ed kick to the body (trust me it will probably hit)

The second opening is Jab, cross to the body, hook, than everything else.... The cross to the body adds different levels which makes punches landing more likely.

Dont thank me, thank Mike "I'll eat your babys" Tyson

Pretty nasty...

1 or double jab, feint 2, R Thai kick body, simple, but it works. Duck the jab, 1 body, 2 head, 3 head, low kick.

For me, everything comes off the jab. I don't care if I am kickboxing, boxing or MMA. Usually the RH follows, but I have like four different jabs. One to bring his hands down, one to get a solid overhand right, one to try and break his nose and run to throw the leg kick.

I usually stick to these punch combos:
1. jab, straight right, left hook.
2. overhand right, left hook, right uppercut
3. jab, straight right, left hook, pause overhand right, left hook.

Most people are taught to punch on 1, 3, or 5,. I like to kick on two and five.

Alot of it is what ever the guy gives me. When ever I get a guy backed into the ropes or cage, I just start banging, body head, body body head.

Bingo on all three. I like to snap the jab twice wait just a split second to make him think another jab is coming and then hit him with a left hook and immediate right cross.

With the kicks, the kick on 2 I'll throw a real low body kick and then later get him thinking that I'm coming in low and bring the kick up real fast for a head kick.

This one sounds crazy but I used to throw a lead leg hook kick and throw it high intentionally and come over their head. they'd think they can jam you and immediately throw the roundhouse to the other side of the head. Knocked quite a few guys out with that. That was one from a more TMA stance. I no longer use it much because I am much too square for it.

Back