Favourite cooking shows

fingercuffs

36CFIST
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get in here, lovely @newjerseynick

Kitchen Confidential with Bradley Cooper and Xander from Buffy, based on Anthony Bourdain

Home cook cooking competition wise it's Australia Masterchef and Australia My Kitchen Rules. Brilliant.
Gone off Iron Chef recently
I really like Guy Fieri and the fact he's got on board with the virtual cooking competitions is brilliant.
Used to think Bobby Flay was a smug git but Beat Bobby Flay is really engaging.
David Chang's Netflix show is really great even though one of his recipes fucked me up a bit
Mark Wien's Thai youtube channel, I actually went to two truck stops in Thailand because of him and one of them was in at least top 10 of the best food I have ever had.

I probably watch or have on in the background at least a couple of hours a day one cooking show a day.

Old school iron chef from japan was no.1
Bourdain was no.2

I like the Argentinian Naked Chef. Bakes some tasty treats.

Naked-Chef.jpg

Chopped
Grocery Games
Master Chef

Masterchef
Ugly delicious
Hell's kitchen
Banish
Matty Matheson

Netflix had a show that was like masterchef but everyone competing had.michelin stars, it was cool but nothing they made on that show has a remote chance of appearing in my kitchen.

I really enjoy The Chef Show on Netflix. It’s with Jon Favreau and Roy Choi. They visit top notch places and have interesting guests as well as walking through recipes. I recently made Roy’s spaghetti and meatballs. It was great!

I really enjoy The Chef Show on Netflix. It’s with Jon Favreau and Roy Choi. They visit top notch places and have interesting guests as well as walking through recipes. I recently made Roy’s spaghetti and meatballs. It was great!

Was trying to remember the name of the show when I made the thread. I've really enjoyed this. And I really like Roy Choi.
I didn't know how intensive and what labour of love soda bread was till seeing Jon make it.

Was trying to remember the name of the show when I made the thread. I've really enjoyed this. And I really like Roy Choi.
I didn't know how intensive and what labour of love soda bread was till seeing Jon make it.

And I had no idea how weak my grilled cheese game was!

For actual food:
Gino's
Lidia's

I like beat bobby flay and grocery games at times.

I dont really watch much cooking shows anymore. Too many game shows now.
There isnt much to learn and they're really frustrating to watch.

I used to get real stoned and watch "Good Eats", old "Iron Chef" or stuff by Bourdain, Martin Yan and a few others.
I also used to Watch Giadas show but usually wasnt paying attention to the food.
To be honest though the less weed I smoked the less food related programming I watch on tv.
I feel like it used to be a lot more about learning then, a lot of it is now and more about fake ass personalities and selling shit you probably dont need.
I do watch some people on youtube though
Cuz they are more about food and dont have obnoxious personalities.
Also as much as I hate Netflix they have had some pretty good food docs or miniseries that I totally cant remember the names of Ill have to look for them and report back

Last edited:
Oh crap, how did I forget the Great British Baking show.

I've never really followed any but I seem to like the ones that are more based around thr food itself instead of drama.

That Gordon Ramsey shit I just cannot sit through.

I dont really watch much cooking shows anymore. Too many game shows now.
There isnt much to learn and they're really frustrating to watch.

I used to get real stoned and watch "Good Eats", old "Iron Chef" or stuff by Bourdain, Martin Yan and a few others.
I also used to Watch Giadas show but usually wasnt paying attention to the food.
To be honest though the less weed I smoked the less food related programming I watch on tv.
I feel like it used to be a lot more about learning then a lot of it is now and more about fake ass personalities and selling shit you probably dont need.
I do watch some people on youtube though
Cuz they are more about food and dont have obnoxious personalities.
Also as much as I hate Netflix they have had some pretty good food docs or miniseries that I totally cant remember the names of Ill have to look for them and report back
Good Eats (and Reloaded) is the gold standard of “how to” cooking shows.

I've never really followed any but I seem to like the ones that are more based around thr food itself instead of drama.

That Gordon Ramsey shit I just cannot sit through.

Watch the British Gordon Ramsey shows, it is less scripted conflict and more about the food and atmosphere. Of course, Ramsey will pop off now and again, but he comes across as much less of a prick.

Last edited:
Back