Fedor’s final fight…

Aberlour

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
There’s 0% chance Bellator goes to Russia this year so what now ? Would Fedor fight in the US one more time ? (Would they even let him in ?) I think he calls it a day and retires.

I think he said he preferred his last fight to be in America but Coker wanted it in Moscow. I don't think Fedor cares. He wanted Bader for his final fight.

I think you'll see him vs. the winner of Bader/Kongo in the Fall or at the end of the year.

Fedor will fight his last contact bout … $$$$ if not Russia …. USA/Japan or another European city

We’ll see where things are at in a few months. I think it’s more important to Fedor to fight for the belt than it is to fight in Russia again—so if the event can’t happen there, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Fedor’s last fight in he U.S., possibly Chicago. That assumes Fedor is allowed to travel to the U.S.—but I think he would be.

I heard he wants Zelensky, in Kiev. Isn't he awesome?
<{danayeah}><Fedor23>

(note: how come we don't have any Coker emojis here?)

Russia, in a fight that unites the world and brings peace to everyone and ends war forever, attended by all leaders of the world
yes!
fedor-emelianenko-poses-with-donald-trump-in-the-ring-after-defeating-HBT0NN.jpg

With this war in Ukraine I don't see Russian fighters being able to get travel visas to the states and I don't think Bellator is going to Russia under current conditions either.

Bellator isn't going to Russia anytime soon, obviously. Companies are getting destroyed with bad PR for not pulling out of Russia fast enough. No way a Paramount property is going to do business there.

There could also be potential problems with Teddy securing a visa given he is a former member of Russian government, closely aligned with Putin, has expressed support for the annexation of Crimea, and also used Kremlin talking points on the separatist regions in Ukraine.

Obviously this didn't matter in the past as he's worked in both the U.S. and Japan in recent years but things are way different now with a literal war going on and Russia being sanctioned out the ass. Someone with his history having issues getting a visa would not be surprising at all.

Bellator isn't going to Russia anytime soon, obviously. Companies are getting destroyed with bad PR for not pulling out of Russia fast enough. No way a Paramount property is going to do business there.

There could also be potential problems with Teddy securing a visa given he is a former member of Russian government, closely aligned with Putin, has expressed support for the annexation of Crimea, and also used Kremlin talking points on the separatist regions in Ukraine.

Obviously this didn't matter in the past as he's worked in both the U.S. and Japan in recent years but things are way different now with a literal war going on and Russia being sanctioned out the ass. Someone with his history having issues getting a visa would not be surprising at all.

It's wild how silent or supportive Russian athletes have been of the invasion. Most are silent but some have been supportive. Fedor was born in Ukraine and has a Ukrainian last name. It's wild that he wouldnt use his platform to at least make an anti war post. Russian citizens must fear Putin the way the old timers feared Stalin.

It's wild how silent or supportive Russian athletes have been of the invasion. Most are silent but some have been supportive. Fedor was born in Ukraine and has a Ukrainian last name. It's wild that he wouldnt use his platform to at least make an anti war post. Russian citizens must fear Putin the way the old timers feared Stalin.
Remember when Fedor criticized Kadyrov for holding child MMA fights, and Fedor’s daughter got attacked? Fedor may think it’s just not worth it to endanger his family speaking out against dictators like that. Plenty of people that criticize Putin end up missing or poisoned.

I know we all love the guy, but he's been a staunch Putin ally for close to 20 years now.

Given his past support of Russia encroaching on Ukrainian land (Crimea), chances are he probably supports this "special military exercise".

Russia will not happen but final fight in Japan would be a great way to finish his career in the country that propelled him to become the GOAT.

I'd love it to be in the Saitama Super Arena on New Year's Eve. I'd pop over to Japan to watch it, my last chance to see you him in action live (If Hong Kong has stopped it's hopeless quarantine restrictions by then).

it's not the same over there, Artemi Panarin, star forward for the NY Rangers makes 11M+ a year, had a smear job done to him for supporting the opposition in Russia.

he took a leave of absence because he was concerned about his family in Russia.

I almost expect Japan now.. easier for Fedor to get to.

Back