News Fedor Emelianenko is set to return later this year. Opponent TBD

Fedor is beyond washed dispute what his fanboys on sherdog think. It's par for the course for him to get brutally knocked out these days. Me thinks the pro wrestler would turn his face into hamburger beef.

Fedor is beyond washed dispute what his fanboys on sherdog think. It's par for the course for him to get brutally knocked out these days. Me thinks the pro wrestler would turn his face into hamburger beef.

He is 8-2 in his last 10 and in the last decade. So if losing 2 fights in a decade means it's par for the course for him to get brutally knocked out these days then I guess it is for every fighter too. Think before you post kiddo. <{hughesimpress}><Fedor23>

Im actually thinking of going to see this live. Never been to Russia before but it has been a dream of mine for years. Also seeing Fedor fight live would be epic. If any other sherbros going hit me up

I'm thinking about this for some time too. One of the last chances to see my all time fav fighter live. Gonna check how much money I'd need and how the travel restrictions are. Where you froim mate?

Last edited:
Im actually thinking of going to see this live. Never been to Russia before but it has been a dream of mine for years. Also seeing Fedor fight live would be epic. If any other sherbros going hit me up
If it’s economically feasible for you, I say do it. I don’t think I’ll be doing that, but I am grateful for his Bellator run in that I finally got to see him live (never worked out for me to do so in his Affliction and Strikeforce runs). Even though he’s at the end of his career, he’s still Fedor, and every MMA fan should see him live if they can.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about this for some time too. One of the last chances to see my all time fav fighter live. Gonna check how much money I'd need and how the travel restrictions are. Where you froim mate?

Finland. Yeah the restrictions are fucking this up. Cheapest train tickets to Moscow used to be under 60€+travelling visa something like 100€.

I guess Im pretty ignorant about the landscape of Russian MMA. I just figured since UFC is bigger their fighters would be more popular around the world, too. Also, because Khabib is such a big name, I thought other Russian UFC fighters like Yan, Mackachev, or Zabit would be quiet popular, too. Im a history professor but I was not aware about the different ethnicities in Russia or that the Dagestani ethnicity was such a small percentage. Good stuff, thanks for the info.
If I remember it right, according to Russian law, 14 ethncities are considered to be native in Dagestan (including Chechens and Russians) (might be interesting -- I don't know about any ethnic Russian mma fighters from Dagestan, I remember one guy said that he is half-Avar/half-Russian but I think he is bare knuckle fighter). Also I rememeber seeing that Derbent (it's in Dagestan) is the most diverse (probably multiethnic is the more proper word) city/town in Russia.

Also about Bellator -- if I remember it right they had fighters commentating events (more like guest commentators) like Oleinik, Kharitonov, Minakov, Volkov, head of Fight Nights Gadjiev commentated some events too. And they had some post-fight short programme where fighters/commentators was discussing event and fights that happened.
Also about Bellator fighters -- I remember reading something about Yankova having a show on TV. Don't know if it is still airs.

It think it's kinda like that -- hardcore mma fans knows UFC and their roster and average people aware of Bellator and their fighters (Fedor, Kharitonov, Minakov and Shabliy are the people who was or still is in politics).
I think I've seen Yan in some commercial. Problem is, Yan is like non-Muslim version of Khabib -- not very smart and aggressive guy (personally, seems to me that Khabib is bully and kinda sadistic guy -- based on his own words and words of his friends and teammates while Yan or someone close to him said that he can't stand bullies and stand up for others since he was a kid + I think Kai Kara-France told some story that Yan helped him in some conflict with criminals or with some asshole in gym in Thailand). And I think there is like when mentality differs -- if you are strong or some authority Dagestani people will like you while in other parts it's not enough.
If I remember it right Khabib said recently that Makhachev has a personality he just somehow did not show it in interviews. I guess public sees Makhachev as mini-Khabib, but with less finishes, more boring personality and boring fighting style. Plus all that weird shit -- after theatres and rap, now they at war with ballet.

Jake Hager is gonna get pounded out by Fedor

If I remember it right, according to Russian law, 14 ethncities are considered to be native in Dagestan (including Chechens and Russians) (might be interesting -- I don't know about any ethnic Russian mma fighters from Dagestan, I remember one guy said that he is half-Avar/half-Russian but I think he is bare knuckle fighter). Also I rememeber seeing that Derbent (it's in Dagestan) is the most diverse (probably multiethnic is the more proper word) city/town in Russia.

Also about Bellator -- if I remember it right they had fighters commentating events (more like guest commentators) like Oleinik, Kharitonov, Minakov, Volkov, head of Fight Nights Gadjiev commentated some events too. And they had some post-fight short programme where fighters/commentators was discussing event and fights that happened.
Also about Bellator fighters -- I remember reading something about Yankova having a show on TV. Don't know if it is still airs.

It think it's kinda like that -- hardcore mma fans knows UFC and their roster and average people aware of Bellator and their fighters (Fedor, Kharitonov, Minakov and Shabliy are the people who was or still is in politics).
I think I've seen Yan in some commercial. Problem is, Yan is like non-Muslim version of Khabib -- not very smart and aggressive guy (personally, seems to me that Khabib is bully and kinda sadistic guy -- based on his own words and words of his friends and teammates while Yan or someone close to him said that he can't stand bullies and stand up for others since he was a kid + I think Kai Kara-France told some story that Yan helped him in some conflict with criminals or with some asshole in gym in Thailand). And I think there is like when mentality differs -- if you are strong or some authority Dagestani people will like you while in other parts it's not enough.
If I remember it right Khabib said recently that Makhachev has a personality he just somehow did not show it in interviews. I guess public sees Makhachev as mini-Khabib, but with less finishes, more boring personality and boring fighting style. Plus all that weird shit -- after theatres and rap, now they at war with ballet.
Is being a Muslim in Russia that important? Why does it matter Yan's or any other fighter's religion?

Its a long shot but I want to go also. I'm just not sure if travel restrictions will be lifted by the time the fight takes place (I'm in America) and if my schedule is free then.

Shabliy is in politics?

And lol about the war against ballet. Can you link me some stuff about that and theatres and rap?

His fan boys know he's washed.

Anderson and Fedor winning fights in 2021 would make me so happy. Forever the 2 GOATs of MMA with the most aura of invincibility during their primes
Hopefully they can make Fedor vs Anderson

Is being a Muslim in Russia that important? Why does it matter Yan's or any other fighter's religion?
I meant that Yan is like what if Khabib was born in Siberia and was Christian. They are like both aggressive, shit talking guys from the streets.

About religion it's kinda matters. Among fans there is fans who root for anyone with Russian citizenship, some root only for fighters of their religion (somehow from what I've seen on social media majority of these people are Muslims), some root for style (like, they root for combat sambo guys or sanda or karate).

I meant that Yan is like what if Khabib was born in Siberia and was Christian. They are like both aggressive, shit talking guys from the streets.

About religion it's kinda matters. Among fans there is fans who root for anyone with Russian citizenship, some root only for fighters of their religion (somehow from what I've seen on social media majority of these people are Muslims), some root for style (like, they root for combat sambo guys or sanda or karate).

I thought it was more of an ethnic thing than a religious thing. Obviously some ethnicity are tied to religions though.

Back