Fedor Emelianenko or Jon Jones - Who has the most impressive win streak?

Who had the most impressive win streak?

• Total voters
Fedor Emilanenko retired with a record of 40-7. Had a 27 fight winning streak at the heavyweight division. Jon Jones, active, has a current record of 27-1 and has a 18 fight win streak in the light-heavyweight division.

Fedor Emelianenko's 27 opponents with record before they fought (In chronological order)

Mihail Apostolov 0-0
Kerry Schall 5-2
Renato Sobral 19-2
Ryushi Yanagisawa 24-21
Lee Hasdell 12-13--3
Chris Haseman 18-11
Semmy Schilt 22-10-1
Heath Herring 20-7
Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira 19-1-1
Egidijus Valavicius 4-2
Kazuyuki Fujita 9-3
Gary Goodridge 17-13-1
Yuji Nagata 0-1
Mark Coleman 13-5
Kevin Randleman 15-7
Naoya Ogawa 7-0
Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira 24-2-1
Tsuyoshi Kohsaka 26-15-2
Mirko (Cro Cop) Filipovic 16-2-2
Zuluzinho 7-0-1
Mark Coleman 15-7
Mark Hunt 5-2
Matt Lindland 20-4
Hong-man Choi 1-0
Tim Sylvia 24-4
Andrei Arlovski 15-5
Brett Rogers 10-0

Jon Jones 18 opponents with record before they fought (In chronological order)

Brandon Vera 11-4
Vladimir Matyushenko 24-4
Ryan Bader 12-0
Maurício (Shogun) Rua 19-4
Quinton (Rampage) Jackson 32-8
Lyoto Machida 17-2
Rashad Evans 17-1-1
Vitor Belfort 21-9
Chael Sonnen 28-13-1
Alexander Gustafsson 15-1
Glover Teixeira 22-2
Daniel Cormier 15-0
Daniel Cormier 19-1
Ovince Saint Preux 19-7
Alexander Gustafsson 18-4
Anthony Smith 32-13
Thiago Santos 21-6
Dominick Reyes 12-0
Ciryl Gane 11-1
Jon Jones is 27-1 (1 NC). He is currently on a five fight win streak, because his fight against then-19-1 Corimer was not a win, but a NC due to PED use by Jones.

Talking about WIN streak. Not "wins plus no-contests due to PED use."

Jon Jones is 27-1 (1 NC). He is currently on a five fight win streak, because his fight against then-19-1 Corimer was not a win, but a NC due to PED use by Jones.
This absolute potato brain doesn't even know that Fedor has a NC too.

That or he's a dishonest hack trying to ignore Fedor's NC while including Jones against him.

Jones beat better competition, but there's a shade cast over it with him 'roiding and the eye-pokes. Both have wins over past their prime previous generation fighters, Jones mostly fought smaller guys while Fedor fought guys of the same size or larger. I think the competition matters most though and Jones has just beaten a better quality of fighters and never really had the breaks against mid-level competition that Fedor sometimes did.

I would have said Fedor if he fought at LHW or MW, Jones has fought at LHW and HW and Fedor only at HW.

Jon is on 16 years and counting in the UFC, is 3 years old than Fedor was, and is still reigning after 13 years.

Please stop with the outdated talking points.
And only ONE fight at HW. And I was nice and didnt mention getting busted for PEDs multiple times. Even if you say 'everyone in pride was on roids, including Fedor!".... that just means a level playing field. No cheating.

Half of fedors record is padded with cans so I gave it to jj and fedor got wakened by middleweight hendo ... I don't want to here that past his prime nonsense. All sudden he steps in to the u.s and get popped by big foot then hendo and he's past his prime lol. But he wasn't past his prime against Brett fireman can rodgers..

Half of fedors record is padded with cans so I gave it to jj and fedor got wakened by middleweight hendo ... I don't want to here that past his prime nonsense. All sudden he steps in to the u.s and get popped by big foot then hendo and he's past his prime lol. But he wasn't past his prime against Brett fireman can rodgers..

It would be very odd if a fighter who has been the Nr 1 HW in the world and undefeated for nearly 10 years in MMA HW with 30 fights while also having competed in Sambo at the top during that time to still be in his prime. Fedor probably were out of his Prime before he went to US submitting Tim Sylvia in 36 seconds who was the HW UFC champion one year earlier.

Competition- huuuuuge advantage Jones
Weight class - advantage Fedor
Roids - even (both were roided, their opponents likely too)
Stage of developent of MMA (the more sport developed, the more difficult became to dominate, ask NBA G. Mikan) - advantage Jones

Overall slight to moderate advantage Jones <JonesLaugh> <JonesDXSuckIt> <Neil01>

My comprehension is just fine. We're talking about win streaks, and Jon fought much more talented, well rounded fighters.

Do you know why fighters cut weight? It’s not because they think they would do better in the divisions above but want to challenge themselves

Jones because of quality of competition from such a young age. But fedors streak at heavyweight without getting finished is very impressive.

giphy.gif

Any man who must say “I am the king” is no true king.

Remaining undefeated in the HW division without streoids against massively bigger opponents many of them were juiced up settles the argument.

Both are great but I'll go with Emelianenko because he fought guys his size and bigger.

Fedor.

10 years at HW undefeated is insane. No lucky punch slipped through, no off night, doesn't matter if the op was fired up, he went unbeaten.

It would've been Boner and he did have an absolutely amazing run, just couldn't piss clean for the life of him. Almost anyone but him would've been cut for doing half the ish he did. Even though he was juiced, it was an amazing run to see.

Fedor, who is smaller than Jones, fought at HW and dominated
Jones, who is bigger than Fedor, faught a LHW, and roided and cheated like a mf.

Fedor is the only dignified choice.

Remaining undefeated in the HW division without streoids against massively bigger opponents many of them were juiced up settles the argument.
in an organization that distributed PEDS

Fedors Killas-

martin lazarov (0-2)
levon lagilava (1-3)
hiroya takada (1-3)
mihail apostolov (0-1)
ryushi yanagisawa (24-25)
lee hasdell (9-14)
chris haseman (20-17)
gary goodridge (23-22)
yuji nagata (0-2)
naoya ogawa (7-2)
zulu (9-9)
hong man choi (4-5)
jaideep singh (2-3)

Weird how you're counting all the MWs and LHWs in there too.

Is it because they're dangerous too or something?

in an organization that distributed PEDS

Fedors Killas-

martin lazarov (0-2)
levon lagilava (1-3)
hiroya takada (1-3)
mihail apostolov (0-1)
ryushi yanagisawa (24-25)
lee hasdell (9-14)
chris haseman (20-17)
gary goodridge (23-22)
yuji nagata (0-2)
naoya ogawa (7-2)
zulu (9-9)
hong man choi (4-5)
jaideep singh (2-3)
Good point, all the guys that Fedor had to beat were not only bigger than him, but also juiced to the gills, Fedor goat confirmed.

Jones via wrestling imo.

Fedor in his prime would definitely be one of Jones toughest opponents though, especially because his strenght (fast, heavy punches) is where Jones is most vulnerable

Fedor beat one dimensional heavyweights, then got knocked out by a middleweight. Truth hurts.
A mod talking like a textbook sherbro is what hurts, if anything

Fedor prime was around the same time than Shogun or Rampage, who are considered very good wins for Jones, and nobody would have favoured those two vs Fedor back then.

Fedor was not Taktarov or Ken Sharock. He was a pretty well-rounded HW who would have been a very dangerous opponent for Jones even if Jon is favourite due to his wrestling

Back