Fedor lost to the new HW GOAT and two cheaters

Fedor is the GOAT of mixfight.

Had he KTFOd AA and Sylvia in a UFC cage everyone would accept him as the GOAT.

But since he did it under a different banner before the sport was monopolized those wins somehow dont count even though those two guys were the most dominant UFC HWs of that generation of fighters.

Fedor beat the best HWs from his generation barring Barnett and Randy. He tried fighting Barnett but he got caught for roids and Randy would have gotten steamrolled like he did by an old ass, Zombie Big Nog.

Put a prime, young Fedor in a camp like AKA or Jacksons and he be catching bodies in todays UFC HW division as well. Anyone who watched him during his peak knew they were witnessing a special machine.

The GOAT of mixfight.

You make a good point about those two fights being under the Affliction banner. When Fedor KTFO Sylvia and Arlovski he truly became the world champ. They even created a new title called the WAMMA Heavyweight Championship. He truly conquered the world at that point.

Your posts are pure noob sauce.

Fedor was not the invincible god that many though. I have a lot of respect for him as a fighter and as a person. He never claimed to be the best or any of that. That being said, the media and many fans had him as the no1 guy for years and imo he had the right to claim that no1 until 2007. The buble burst when lost 3 in a row.

And retired at 32 to avoid any new losses.
He wasn't the same and he went out on top, but judging a career by the timing of retirement is weak.

He had nearly 3x as many top 5 wins as Fedor, and your statement of why he retired is clearly from your bias, or you were too busy shining Fedor's balls to find out why.

Almost everyone would pick GSP to win the belt back today, except for Luke Thomas.

Fedor fought mostly nobodies and if you only include his wins vs top 5 HW opponents he is 6-4.

Bye.

And retired at 32 to avoid any new losses.
He wasn't the same and he went out on top, but judging a career by the timing of retirement is weak.

So he was smart enough to retire after suffering 2 torn acl's and you are holding that against him? Would it have been better if he continued fighting until he lost?

So he was smart enough to retire after suffering 2 torn acl's and you are holding that against him? Would it have been better if he continued fighting until he lost?

yes, GSP made his god Fedor look bad, can't have that.

GSP retired because he wanted PEDs tackled and the UFC refused and attacked him in the media.

He had nearly 3x as many top 5 wins as Fedor, and your statement of why he retired is clearly from your bias, or you were too busy shining Fedor's balls to find out why.

Almost everyone would pick GSP to win the belt back today, except for Luke Thomas.

Fedor fought mostly nobodies and if you only include his wins vs top 5 HW opponents he is 6-4.

Bye.

You are either using the word "nobodies" or the word "mostly" incorrectly here.

I see this argument most often when discrediting Fedor. "He just fought cans" followed by he fought "Hong man choi and Zulu"

Fighting a handful of nobodies in a 40 fight career hardly nullifies all of the legit wins that he racked up during his reign.

Bye.

GSP reigned MMA D league (FACT)

My statement on GSP's retirement are true. He saw that he wasn't the same and he retired. I'm not blaming him.

Just imagine other p4p greats retiring at the top.

He is the only one in MMA who did this.

I would pick GSP to win the belt back too. I would root for him. He is one of my favorite fighters. But he is a WW and a weight cutter, so to me he is below the greatest MWs, LHWs and HWs in real MMA GOAT status debate.

In P4P though, I could accept him as the nr. 1 (I don't agree, but I wouldn't b*tch about it, because he has p4p the best wins). Even though the average weight of Fedor's opponents was 244 pounds and he only lost to 1 lighter opponent in his carrer. He lost to 2 significantly bigger opponents and won all the other fights. GSP on the other hand was never significantly outsized.

Had Fedor retired at 33, he'd be undefeated and nobody would have anything to say.

Bye.

This depends on "top 5" being some definitive mark of quality when really it isn't, its just a way of ranking fighters in a division based on recent results and even then standards seem to shift a lot with time, generally to benefit hyped UFC names.

The main mark against GSP for me is that I think WW as a division was not as evolved as HW. HW had the advantage that serious money had been around since the mid 90's meaning you got a lot of high level guys from various backgrounds involved and training full time at good camps.

WW got a lot of hype but ironically it was the reason why it was hyped that made it less evolved. That is that there was limited investment in it outside the UFC(even the smaller Japanese WW divisions where mostly made up of guys who would love to LW) which ment they had most of the best fighters and weren't shy to tell us about it but equally that the talent base was quite thin and very wrestling focused even for years post TUF.

You look at someone like Fitch who was the #2 WW for years and what is his talent base? good wrestler but you wouldn't say one of the very best in MMA, okish striker and sub fighter at best. Compare that to say Nog who was the #2 behind Fedor who was one of the best sub fighters in the sport and also an excellent boxer. Equally look at WW during that era and I think theres no equivalent to guys like Crocop and Arlovski, technically excellent strikers with excellent defensive grappling.

GSP was ultimately a fighter who based his career on picking the holes in his opponents games, he never had to confront a world class sub fighter or striker at their own game and generally fought for the decision.

Fedor was the best striker AND best sub grappler AND had the best ground and pound. He showed more moves and better technique than anyone we have ever seen. The only thing he did not have was takedown defense against the best wrestlers but he did not care if he got taken down because he was the best off his back.

Fedor was obviously the HW goat. Anderson and GSP were obviously the MW and WW goats.

You are either using the word "nobodies" or the word "mostly" incorrectly here.

I see this argument most often when discrediting Fedor. "He just fought cans" followed by he fought "Hong man choi and Zulu"

Fighting a handful of nobodies in a 40 fight career hardly nullifies all of the legit wins that he racked up during his reign.

How many of his fights were against top 5 HW's? Top 10 HW's?

Mostly and nobodies (defined as a person who should never ever have been in the ring with Fedor a that time) is accurate.

GSP was ultimately a fighter who based his career on picking the holes in his opponents games, he never had to confront a world class sub fighter or striker at their own game and generally fought for the decision.

We can agree to disagree on many parts. On this we can semi agree .. but it's because he was top of the division in BOTH striking and grappling. He did not need to rely on any one aspect to win, he had every tool there was at his disposal and used the best tool for the job. He fought to win.

How many of his fights were against top 5 HW's? Top 10 HW's?

Mostly and nobodies (defined as a person who should never ever have been in the ring with Fedor a that time) is accurate.

I don't think using arbitrary ratings gives that accurate of a picture. A guy ranked no.6 at one point may be more dangerous than a guy ranked 3 at another. As long as they were legit fighters who were a threat in their division they were'nt nobodies.

Arona and Babalu weren't nobodies. Herring and Fujita weren't nobodies. Coleman and Randleman weren't nobodies. They are only nobodies in the sense that while bashing Fedor NOBODY brings up these names as legit wins, when they were all strong challengers at the time. Certainly stronger than a Dan hardy.

This is just a made up rhetoric that Fedor bashers like to use and has no basis in fact.

Edit: I suspect it was started by Uncle Dana back when he was trying to tarnish Fedor's legacy and build up Silva as the true greatest in the world.

Fedor was the best striker AND best sub grappler AND had the best ground and pound. He showed more moves and better technique than anyone we have ever seen. The only thing he did not have was takedown defense against the best wrestlers but he did not care if he got taken down because he was the best off his back.

Fedor was obviously the HW goat. Anderson and GSP were obviously the MW and WW goats.

Fedor was very energy conservation orientated.

He avoided leg takedowns to not waste his legs and his back too much (he said that in an interview). I suspect he didn't try with all his might to defend leg takdowns either. And he was good enough on his back so he didn't need to worry to waste all his energy on defending those takedowns.

The fact that the past his prime Fedor survived a round of BF on top of him, says a lot about his MMA game of his back.

With a skin of let's say Minotauro, he'd get into the 3rd round without bruises iMO, let alone a swollen eye:) BF didn't even rock Fedor and he barely hit him. Fedor defended almost everything.

Watch how BF finished Erikson and Kyle in seconds of full mount, while Fedor survived a whole round of BF on toop of him.

I find it disgusting how the MMA community doesn't show respect to Fedor for not getting finished in the 2nd round.

For non Fedor nuthuggers, the fight should have made them Fedor nuthuggers and not sh*t on him for losing because of an eye swell. MMA fans are the worst.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back