Fedor Was Great, but Not GOAT

Fesaine

No one think he's goat outside of sherdog

Also Fesaine

MMAFIGHTING.COM
Fedor: 693 votes.

Sooo.... you just proved yourself wrong by showing that he got hundreds of votes in just one (of dozens) poll outside of Sherdog?

Me making fun of Fesaine because I knew where his sources would come from: casual social media sites.

I think what you mean to say is "casuals that don't go to MMA websites never consider him as GOAT" because he is in consideration by literally every MMA Community you will find. Not the Instagram, Twitter and Facebook polls that you care about though!

Fesaine doing exactly what I predicted by quoting Instagram, while simultaneously killing his argument by showing that Fedor is in consideration (as I said) even by such a completely casual site as Instagram

Here's another poll

Jon Jones is in the first place
Gsp in the second
Anderson was out in the third round(3rd place).
DC was out in the fourth round(4th place).
DJ was out in the fifth round(5th place).
Fedor was out in the sixth round(6th place).

Last edited:
Stupid thread.

The "You need to compete in the UFC" stigma has been busted a long time ago by:

A. Other organization fighters coming over and landing in the top 5 or becoming champ

B. UFC fighters going elsewhere and having mixed results.

Top fighters are top fighters. Think organization has anything to do with it is just an lack of knowledge about the sport.
Once Pride devolved yeah he was left searching for a fight. Lindland and Hong-Man come on. The Tim Sylvia win I thought was a good win, but mostly because I fucking hate Sylvia, but then his next fight was against the guy that Sylvia beat twice. I also loved the Rogers fight, hate that Rogers never bounced back from it. But at that time there were better fights in the UFC and I think he would have mixed it up well, but we'll never know and that's my only point.
This is a real question, other than Silva and the WEC guys (because they continued fighting each other) who else came over and was dominant?

Only way any of these clowns save face after they get shyt on is the "GSP is the Goat" which he is but what does that take away from the fact Fedor is a All time great??? Some of you kids need to understand MMA isn't 5 years old LMFAO
You do realize the title says he is great right?

GOAT: No
GHWOAT: Yes
An All-Time Great: Yes

Fightmatrix
Tapology
Ranker
Bleacher
MMAMania
ThoughtCo
SportsKeeda
MartialTribes
Google

Yep. No one "outside of Sherdog" thinks Fedor's great.

I was about to start looking up a few things like that, because he has been atop numerous polls outside of Sherdog. Thanks for saving me the effort.
And for the record, I don't think anyone is the definitive GOAT. It all depends on criteria. However, anyone who doesn't see how he is a GOAT candidate to others is a total noob or UFC shill.

>Location: Toronto

>GSP is GOAT

Lol you Leaf fans are the worst. Low key putting down GOATs to legitimize your boy.

-Criticize Fedor for losses LATE in his career but overlook the fact that GSP TAPPED to strikes from a LW journeyman in the PRIME of his career

-Criticize Jones and Anderson for being cheaters but overlook the fact that GSP has only fought ONCE post USADA against a decrepit Bisping and looked horrible.

-Criticize Jones for eye poking but overlook the FACT that GSP blatantly greased against BJ Penn in their rematch. He got beat up from Mission Control in the first fight and slipped through Penns guard everytime in the rematch. In today’s rules that fight would EASILY have been ruled a NC.

-Criticize Jones for lack of competition yet overlook that GSPs biggest wins were mostly against bloated LWs and QUIT everytime competition got tough. Then came back to selectively fight Bis and screwed Whit, Romero, Izzy, etc out of rightful match ups.

Face it dude, the guys a fraud who always took the easy way out... it’s why serious MMA fans don’t consider him the GOAT.

<JonesDXSuckIt>
<BC1>
<Fedor23>
Actually I'm not the least bit of a hockey fan, never have been, never will be.
You just referred to GSP as "my boy" even though I wrote that I'm not a fan.
If you read anything I've said before on raids you'll see that I don't care.
I've also said a bunch that too many people blame a devision because the champ is good. MW wasn't week, Silva was that damn good and same goes for LHW and Jones.
I don't really like all the rematches on GSP's record or the fact that the Serra loss changed him, but who else was there to fight and who he became after the Serra loss was the most unstoppable blanket with 0 finishing ability.
I consider him the GOAT over those guys (Fedor included) who I like better than him because his very same style would still have him dominant today. Khabib shows us that.
GSP is closer to being my least favourite fighter than Fedor, but I give GSP the nod. And if you go back and read the OP you will notice that at no point to I knock Fedor or suggest that he wouldn't have been able to hang in the UFC. I just say his status (not even record) will always be questioned.

Actually the reason I mention Cain and JDS is because they were both fighting at the time
Neither Cain or JDS had more than 10 career fights in 2009. They're weren't going to be fighting Fedor at that point in their career.

So who would you want Fedor to fight in the UFC at his peak? Sylvia? Arlovski? Mir? We all know how those turned out.

Once Pride devolved yeah he was left searching for a fight. Lindland and Hong-Man come on. The Tim Sylvia win I thought was a good win, but mostly because I fucking hate Sylvia, but then his next fight was against the guy that Sylvia beat twice. I also loved the Rogers fight, hate that Rogers never bounced back from it. But at that time there were better fights in the UFC and I think he would have mixed it up well, but we'll never know and that's my only point.
This is a real question, other than Silva and the WEC guys (because they continued fighting each other) who else came over and was dominant?

The success of the HWs that came into the UFC from places like SF and Affliction justifies that Fedor wasn't fighting scrubs.

You just pointed out an entirely different problem. You can't say someone was the GOAT of their era because OAT stand for Of All Time. EVERY ERA. That's why I say he is for sure a great. I just don't see that his greatness, fighting style whatever stands the test of time. I mean I hate him, but GSP walked back after all those years off and did exactly the same as he always did and won yet another belt. To the point people actually want to see him fight Khabib.
Fedor would beat the shit out of any GSP that ever existed. You can use the stupid P4P title for GSP, but for GOAT it's Fedor because he would beat any fighter that ever existed, that includes Jones.

They were nobodies fighting nobodies at that time.
And who was Lindland and Hong Man? Bodog Fights? Other than bikini chics dancing on the beach, they had nothing. Even Cain was already thought that place? Come one let's be real Fedor was WAY to established for Bodog and I don't even know that league he fought Hong-Man in.

To all the "Fedor is the GOAT" people. With the struggles of former 18-0 undefeated Ben, who could just as easily be 0-3 as he is 1-2 in the UFC. To the Branch who was 2-2 in his first UFC run (and lost lost to Rumble, before becoming a 2 division champ, coming back to the UFC to put up a 2-3 record. To Brandon Vera, best known for KOing Mir and getting brutally beat by Jones while racking up a 7-7 record. He left to become the One FC HW champ. Ryan Bader is undefeated in Bellator and the list goes on.

Can we finally agree that no matter how good or even great he was or how successful he was, his true status will alway be questioned because he didn't come over and consistently fight the best guys available at the time (who knows maybe he would have beaten some)?
When he was fighting the 1-0 Choi Hung-Man's and the coming off a loss Tim Sylvia's, getting beat by 'finding my second life Werdum, couldn't cut it in the UFC Big Foot and MW Hendo, he should have been in the UFC fighting guys like JDS or Cain (if he shows).
Does he have big wins, even over some UFC greats? Hell yes. Does he have some sad losses, even against UFC flops? Hell yes.

Just to be clear I have rooted for Fedor in almost every fight. The exceptions were Cro Cop, Meathead and Bader.

Below is what I think of TS and this stupid and BS thread...

tenor.gif

Do you realize how many fighters that came to the UFC from Pride and SF became champions?

Do some research before you ask stupid questions.

The success of the HWs that came into the UFC from places like SF and Affliction justifies that Fedor wasn't fighting scrubs.
A handful of his fights were, but that's more fault of the orgs just not having the talent available for him at the time and to be fair he beat them like they didn't belong.

A handful of his fights were, but that's more fault of the orgs just not having the talent available for him at the time and to be fair he beat them like they didn't belong.

Arlovski was ranked #2-#4 in the world depending on the website when Fedor faced him.

Sylvia was top 10 - top 5 depending on the website.

Rogers was top #10 at the time on most websites.

Werdum was top #5 on most websites.

All of his opponents were topped ranked, and in organizations where there were other top fighters. During that run, the UFC had Brock, Carwin, JDS, and Cain. Cain and JDS both took bad losses to opponents that came from SF or Affliction later on.

Fedor's strength of competition was comparable to anything the UFC guys faced.

He's not even top 20

Wild brawler like him (who almost got KTFO by a .500 record pro wrestler Fujita) wouldn't last 2 minutes with Stipe or Ngannou

And he got taken down by every wrestler he ever faced, but unfortunately none of them knew how to defend a basic armbar. Even MW Lindland dominated him in the clinch lmao

...and then his terrible bottom game was exposed by a Bigfoot that green DC KTFO the very next fight
You can’t be that much of a clueless moron....or can you?

giphy.gif

Do you realize how many fighters that came to the UFC from Pride and SF became champions?

Do some research before you ask stupid questions.
Fedor would beat the shit out of any GSP that ever existed. You can use the stupid P4P title for GSP, but for GOAT it's Fedor because he would beat any fighter that ever existed, that includes Jones.
I don't know if he's your dad or what, but you know this is wrong don't you? Also why is being one of the best, but not necessarily the best a bad thing?

Back