Feet landing unevenly in the Olympic lifts.

Dinamita95

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Lately my feet have begun to land unevenly when doing the Olympic lifts and the power variations. My left foot travels further back than the right. Sometimes the left will travel back, while my right foot travels forward.

This has only begun happening the last month or two. Was never a problem before. Anyone has a clue what's going on?

It's kind of pissing me off.

Are you lifting heavier than previous?
Without a video i can only guess that maybe your body feels more stable there. Post vid and let better judge on it imo.

I used to have this problem myself. I did a lot of snatch balances, tall cleans/snatches, and dip cleans/snatches, which seemed to rectify it.

You can find videos of these movements from the Catalyst Athletics Youtube channel.

Can you land evenly with less load or even while doing only a feet transition drill?

Just curious - when you split jerk, is your left foot back with your right foot forward?

Are you lifting heavier than previous?
Without a video i can only guess that maybe your body feels more stable there. Post vid and let better judge on it imo.

Nah not really. Will get a video.

I used to have this problem myself. I did a lot of snatch balances, tall cleans/snatches, and dip cleans/snatches, which seemed to rectify it.

You can find videos of these movements from the Catalyst Athletics Youtube channel.

I'll try it out, thanks breh.

Can you land evenly with less load or even while doing only a feet transition drill?

Yeah, I can land evenly when doing transition drills, but not with lighter loads anymore.

Just curious - when you split jerk, is your left foot back with your right foot forward?

Nah, left forward and right back.

While it doesn't seem like a major issue, these are three things I'd check: leg-length disparity, scoliosis and contra-lateral disparity in dorsiflexion.

While it doesn't seem like a major issue, these are three things I'd check: leg-length disparity, scoliosis and contra-lateral disparity in dorsiflexion.

Thanks bruh!

Can you recommend some easy and effective ways to check it by myself? I tried google but didn't really find anything.

You'll need somebody to check scoliosis (using the "forward bend test") and leg-length disparity (using a tape measure from the ASIS to the medial malleolus in a prone position).

You can check for dorsiflexion ROM on your own (with the distance-to-wall lunge test):
lunge-test4.png

You probably have an asymetrical flexibilty issue, is your squat stance staggered too?

Back