Felipe Pena tests positive for testosterone.

Why don't everyone dope? Because it is illegal. Without prescription, it is illegal for you to purchase and be in possession. And in this case IBJFF will ban Pena for him popping for roids. Doesn't matter what we think should be legal.

Pena is a Brazilian national, living in Brazil, where steroids are completely legal to purchase.

steroids.png

Cant believe some people dont seem to understand that faster and better recovery equals more possible training time which equals better skills.

I think everyone in this thread understands this.

I remember i met a Really high level blackbelt at the europeans 2013 after the tournament at a bar, after a while we started talking about PEDs in BJJ, and he told me that he personally had never gone on steroids (not sure if true, but he does not look like it believe me) but that every person that won the mundials were on steroids, including his teammates.

Edit: he actually specifically said that he does not believe Caio is on roids though, he also said that he was probably going to start doing it, because everyone else already does it.

The IBJJF should write a rulebook that doesn't suck hard and change the rules so that most of the fights aren't stall fests (currently the fights which aren't between a much of exiting top guys are hard to watch). Instead they are trying catch the athletes that are stupid enough to fail a drug test.

Womens' sports are ruined by the unrestricted use of drugs, because it just becomes a question of which women are willing to dose heaviest on pharmaceuticals and make themselves as masculine as possible in order to win. The more money and glory are on the line, the more incentive to dose yourself into a man. This sucks for women who want to compete, but would prefer not to transform into a man in order to have a chance at winning.

Yep, this is the crux of it, why should I or anyone else have to dose myself full of synthetic hormones to compete on an equal level with other people? Why should I have to mess up my internal biology just to turn up on the same level as someone else?

Yep, this is the crux of it, why should I or anyone else have to dose myself full of synthetic hormones to compete on an equal level with other people? Why should I have to mess up my internal biology just to turn up on the same level as someone else?

Its a competition. There are always going to be competitive people out there willing to do whatever it takes to get an edge. That is human nature. These drugs exist, people are going to take them. When there is enough money involved there is no way to adequately police the ban so all banning them does is create a tiered marketplace.

If we're going to throw the rules out of the window and just make it about winning, why not just let guys bring a gun into the cage.

If we're going to throw the rules out of the window and just make it about winning, why not just let guys bring a gun into the cage.

No dude..

Thunderdome

Two men enter
one man leave

People cheat all the time in bjj.

I have been elbowed in gi jiu jisu, douchebags had tried to grab my fingers. I had even had a dude use a can opener to escape my closed guard armbar.

Such things are a bigger issue then so guy taking some roids.

Oh, then if people cheat all the time, then I guess it's fine to cheat all the time.

Also, people elbowing in gi bjj is clearly a bigger cheating threat than steroid use. Somebody even grabbed your fingers? Well that abomination can hardly be compared to the triviality of steroid use. You may be interested to know that 'finger grabbing' is an incredibly common form of cheating across many sports ... people spend enormous amounts of money to finger grab, there are huge testing orgs, it's kind of a big deal. Why don't they go after finger-grabbing more seriously, since it's such a problem? It's a big mystery.

Its a competition. There are always going to be competitive people out there willing to do whatever it takes to get an edge. That is human nature. These drugs exist, people are going to take them. When there is enough money involved there is no way to adequately police the ban so all banning them does is create a tiered marketplace.

This is idiotic. Steroids have a quantitative side, people will always roid, but the more advanced the testing the less time they roid and the smaller the dose.

If you took away any restriction people would be roided balls to the wall 24/7/365 and people would start dropping dead like in WWE before testing

Oh, then if people cheat all the time, then I guess it's fine to cheat all the time.

Also, people elbowing in gi bjj is clearly a bigger cheating threat than steroid use. Somebody even grabbed your fingers? Well that abomination can hardly be compared to the triviality of steroid use. You may be interested to know that 'finger grabbing' is an incredibly common form of cheating across many sports ... people spend enormous amounts of money to finger grab, there are huge testing orgs, it's kind of a big deal. Why don't they go after finger-grabbing more seriously, since it's such a problem? It's a big mystery.

I'm more concerned with someone breaking my finger when he decides that twisting it off is his best escape then what needles my opponent is sticking in his butt.

This is idiotic. Steroids have a quantitative side, people will always roid, but the more advanced the testing the less time they roid and the smaller the dose.

If you took away any restriction people would be roided balls to the wall 24/7/365 and people would start dropping dead like in WWE before testing

IBJJF only started testing fairly recently.

Despite the fact a lot of the top level guys like Rodolfo and Galvao became significantly bigger since.

IBJJF only started testing fairly recently.

Despite the fact a lot of the top level guys like Rodolfo and Galvao became significantly bigger since.

Yes, and they are young, lets see how many live past 50.

Yes, and they are young, lets see how many live past 50.

Their lifespan will have to siginificnt difference than non roiders. Heck we have bodybuilders that are older than 50 now and they were injecting all kinds of stuff without knowing the consequences. The whole "steroids will kill you" is propaganda, anything is harmful when used beyond it's safety limit.

This is the logic of children.

Not really.

Food is performance enhancing. The biggest ped there is for humans, in a loose sense. But we have no restrictions on that, unless it crosses over into steroids, etc.

Money is performance enhancing too. It let's you buy better coaches, equipment, recovery methods, housing, but no one says Tito Ortiz or Rampage are cheaters for training and living up at Big Bear.

People just take sports too fucking seriously, and to me it comes off as silly that as a spectator it matters when it really doesn't affect you at all. In a hundred years, it's going to be people competing with neural implants or nanomachines and roids probably won't even be a concern.

Not really.

Food is performance enhancing. The biggest ped there is for humans, in a loose sense. But we have no restrictions on that, unless it crosses over into steroids, etc.

Money is performance enhancing too. It let's you buy better coaches, equipment, recovery methods, housing, but no one says Tito Ortiz or Rampage are cheaters for training and living up at Big Bear.

People just take sports too fucking seriously, and to me it comes off as silly that as a spectator it matters when it really doesn't affect you at all. In a hundred years, it's going to be people competing with neural implants or nanomachines and roids probably won't even be a concern.

The logic of children is predicated on loose senses.

Food is necessary for bodily function. There are no necessary nutrients that are controlled substances, unavailable to certain athletes, or substantial amplifiers of bodily function. PEDs in any form are non-essential to the human body and especially harmful when used in excess.

The crux of the matter is not if athletes should be able to take PEDs to get better, it's that they *never* openly divulge that they do so. If PEDs were about creating the best form of jiu-jitsu, PED users would be campaigning for legalization and equitable regulation; they aren't. This indicates that PED users are either cowards because they're afraid of scrutiny, or cowards because they want to keep their illegal advantage a secret. Which is obviously the definition of cheating.

This really isn't hard to understand. We have sports competition because we're interested in seeing who is the best. We have categories for gender, age, size, and skill level because it's reasonable for all people to be able to compete against those who are obviously similar to them. If you feel like you need to use non-essential chemicals to boost your bodily functions beyond what you suspect your competitor has, and then not disclose it openly to your competitor, you're a bitch, and a coward. There's no two ways around it. And I don't take sports that seriously, but I take serious offense when cowards get ahead in life, while right-minded, hard-working individuals lose.

Back