Fenn's Strength log

• Thread starter Deleted member 130905
  • Start date
Nice sqwat. Looked pretty comfortable.

Also, lol at midmo's comment! :icon_chee.

Tuesday 10/2/2012 Ort/Mag Deadlifts

I was going through my log from a while ago and remembered about this program and me really liking it, so I figured since I need some structure in my training, I'll start this. Light day today.

Deadlifts
350x4x4
405x2x2

Chest supported rows
3 plates x 10 x 3

45 degree back extensions
BWx10x3

Deadlifts were really easy and my form felt good, but they were stupid light so I'll wait and see what happens when the weight gets heavier. I scrapped the last set, which was supposed to be 350x8-10, because my lower back was actually screaming from the volume, pathetically enough. I'm used to about 8-12 work set reps, 20 was about my limit today. I'll work up to that.

Thursday 10/4/2012

Push press
210x3x2

Close grip bench
185x5
205x5
225x5

Chest supported rows
2 plates + 25lb (115lb) x 10 x 3

DB Bench
60's x 10 x 3

Easy, but good day. Push press was really easy, but when I dip down to start my leg drive I'm rocking forward a little bit which is why everything feels so off I guess. I'll work on staying back.

Close grip was very easy as well, I think I'm going to drop flat bench entirely and focus solely on close grip because benching is gay.

Squats tomorrow, 5/3/1 day 1.

Friday 10/5/2012 531 Squats

385 max, starting pretty damn low but I will adjust it after the fist cycle if need be.

Squats
255x5
285x5
325x8

Lower back machine
30 reps

45 degree hypers
10x3

Abs
10x3

Between the 2nd and 3rd sets of squats my lower tightened up something fierce, I'm not sure why. That kind of killed my top set but I still hit the number I wanted to hit. Are there any stretches for lower back that I can do with my bands?

Tuesday 10/9/2012 Ort/Mag deadlifts

Deadlifts
350x4x4
405x2
455x2

Chest supported rows
3 plates x 10 x 3

45 degree hypers
BWx10x3

Half way decent day, lower back has still been tight but definitely better than last week. SMR and lacrosse ball rolling has certainly helped. Deadlifts felt decent, speed was pretty good but the weight was light.

Saturday 10/13/2012 531 Squats

Tough week, Wednesday I worked 14 hours and didn't get home until 5am, Thursday I got off at 2335 and had to be back in to work at 0500 Friday, so I slept at the command and got terribly shitty sleep and was beat to hell. Today was pretty shitty but I expected that. Next week should be normal, I think.

Squats
275x3
305x3
345x6

Push press
215x3x2

Squats felt decent, my form felt a bit off but nothing major. My lower back is still a bit tight but it is getting better. I gotta stop being so lazy with my stretching. Push press form felt better than last week as well.

Monday 10/15/2012

Bad day, I told myself not to lift today because of how tight my lower back has been but didn't listen. I guess this is what I get for not listening to myself.

Deadlifts
365x4x4

Called it quits, my lower back was so tight after this that I had to lay on the bench and stretch it for about 10 minutes just to be able to feel halfway decent. Breaking the weight down off of the bar as a son of a bitch, even though I stretched and loosened up my lower back for about 20-30 minutes before I even attempted to lift.

My recovery has been absolute shit lately, I'm honestly considering moving to more of a bodybuilding style routine for a little while. I'm just getting really frustrated walking around beat to shit constantly and then making no progress on top of that.

/emobitch

EDIT: I forgot to mention that as I'm leaving the gym, I go to throw my gym bag over my shoulder and the strap breaks, jerking my back in a fucked up way. That felt good, salt on the wound and all that

Back