Ferguson is 36, you don't call someone who beat RDA overarrted

YouKnowWhat?

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Tony is 36, fighters normally past their prime at this point of their career. We all know how great his resume is, there's no need to shit on him. You don't call a fighter who beat RDA convincing during his prime overrated

Tony is 36, fighters normally past their prime at this point of their career. We all know Tony how great his resume is, there's no need to shit on him. You don't call a fighter who beat RDA convincing during his prime overrated

“They are gonna say ‘oh if they fight before, like 4-5 years ago it was interesting,’ but right now, ‘ok Khabib beat him, but he’s like 36-years old.’ This is a very good excuse for haters, for his fans, for him."

Call him mystical Khabib.

<Y2JSmirk>

it was a shame he didn't get to fight some of the biggest names in his prime. def unlucky career, tore his knee tripping on cable, didn't get to fight khabib didn't or conor. bigget fight of his life got stopped by a pandemic

still regard him as one of the greatest, el cucuy is mma treasure

I still think he's great and should get a money fight vs Conor before he retires.

People have been calling Tony overated? Don't listen to idiots man.. Tony has been taking and beating top guys in the division for 10+ fights.. Was a matter of time before he lost

Tony doesn't look 'past his prime' to me... He looked great tonight, and his chin has looked stronger than it ever has before. Gaethje was just better than him, and was a tough match-up.

This wasn't his best showing but he still looked good. I think we wil start to see a decline soon. This isn't heavyweight. 35 is usually the cut off for the absolute highest level.

Tony doesn't look 'past his prime' to me... He looked great tonight, and his chin has looked stronger than it ever has before. Gaethje was just better than him, and was a tough match-up.

and justin really is terrible
matchup for him

couldn’t even really threaten a takedown

basically his hopes were justin gets tired of punching him in the face with big bombs

Who is calling Tony overrated?
This version of Gaethje is very good, he'd have a good chance at beating any current or past LW fighter.

This wasn't his best showing but he still looked good. I think we wil start to see a decline soon. This isn't heavyweight. 35 is usually the cut off for the absolute highest level.

and the guy has a ton of mileage - this fight alone was career changing imo

and the guy has a ton of mileage - this fight alone was career changing imo
Yeah hes also had some nasty injuries. Only fighter i can recall whos come back from a horrendous ACL tear like that is dom. But he was younger and slowed down later too.

Back