Movies Fight Club vs. The Matrix - Which is the better film?

Which is the better film?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Both legendary films that were released in 1999. Virtually the same IMDB ratings.

Fight Club - (plot summary):

Posing as a pitiful sufferer during fruitless late-night sessions in highly addictive support groups for terminal illnesses, an unhappy insomniac struggles to find meaning in his mundane and dysfunctional existence.

Then, a fateful encounter with the anarchist philosopher and travelling soap salesman, Tyler Durden, changes his life, as--for the first time in a long while--the bored white-collar worker reconnects with his inner self.

Much to his surprise, the formerly depressed loner finds himself deriving pleasure out of pain through bare-knuckle brawls in the Fight Club: an underground society of men who yearn to free themselves from the fetters of a cruel modern life.

Now, he is ready to wage war. Are violence and freedom the two sides of the same coin?

The Matrix - (plot summary):

Hooked into the Matrix without even knowing it, an elaborate, omnipresent computer system designed to manipulate free will, reclusive hacker Thomas Anderson, aka Neo, is about to have an eye-opening revelation.

And haunted by burning, unspoken questions, Neo crosses paths with leather-clad cyber-rebel Trinity and inspirational leader Morpheus, who claim to hold the answers to the reality of his imprisoned existence.

Little by little, as Neo tumbles down the rabbit hole, the shocking truth about an artificial dreamland unfolds, catching the attention of the Agents: sentient programs guarding all the doors.

But with people so hopelessly dependent on the system, what will it take to unplug and escape the Matrix?

1821b64e4aa7e9aac75a5f8e18678d9d.jpg
'

il_fullxfull.1531064260_jltb.jpg

The Matrix is endlessly rewatchable. If it's on TV, I'll leave it on.

Fight Club, once every year or two is good enough. If it's on TV, I'll watch a few minutes and then switch it.

Funny story.

Me and my buddy went to the theater to see Matrix and there was an issue with the projector and we couldn't watch it so we gave Fight Club a go...

Heart says Fight Club, brain says Matrix.

Fight Club. We started one in public school just because of that film lol. Both are atg flicks though

Both legendary films that were released in 1999. Virtually the same IMDB ratings.

Fight Club - (plot summary):

Posing as a pitiful sufferer during fruitless late-night sessions in highly addictive support groups for terminal illnesses, an unhappy insomniac struggles to find meaning in his mundane and dysfunctional existence.

Then, a fateful encounter with the anarchist philosopher and travelling soap salesman, Tyler Durden, changes his life, as--for the first time in a long while--the bored white-collar worker reconnects with his inner self.

Much to his surprise, the formerly depressed loner finds himself deriving pleasure out of pain through bare-knuckle brawls in the Fight Club: an underground society of men who yearn to free themselves from the fetters of a cruel modern life.

Now, he is ready to wage war. Are violence and freedom the two sides of the same coin?

The Matrix - (plot summary):

Hooked into the Matrix without even knowing it, an elaborate, omnipresent computer system designed to manipulate free will, reclusive hacker Thomas Anderson, aka Neo, is about to have an eye-opening revelation.

And haunted by burning, unspoken questions, Neo crosses paths with leather-clad cyber-rebel Trinity and inspirational leader Morpheus, who claim to hold the answers to the reality of his imprisoned existence.

Little by little, as Neo tumbles down the rabbit hole, the shocking truth about an artificial dreamland unfolds, catching the attention of the Agents: sentient programs guarding all the doors.

But with people so hopelessly dependent on the system, what will it take to unplug and escape the Matrix?

1821b64e4aa7e9aac75a5f8e18678d9d.jpg
'

il_fullxfull.1531064260_jltb.jpg
The Matrix. Never seen Fight Club so I can't talk about it.

I don't think I can make a choice here. Both films hold a lot of love from me.

<{dayum}>

Both are in my top 5. Brad Pitt is the hottest man alive and I love everything about Fight Club but the Matrix is amazing.

Both movies seem to have woven themselves into the fabric of modern culture and society.

Saw them both on opening night, didnt see what the big deal was with either one of them

Only the first half of fight club was good. It really falls apart once they start becoming some terrorist militia.

So matrix by far for me.

Back