Fight Finder Requests, v.2

Afternoon, Sureb! Djumaev's official page has been updated for biographical accuracy and image; you may view these updates here.

@Sureb kusto

Why is Francis Ngannou's boxing match with Fury listed as Pro-Exhibition? This "exhibition" nonsense was disproven long ago. The fight was sanctioned as an official boxing match by the BBBofC, it used full boxing rules, regular gloves, and judges. There was not a "no knockdown rule" another rumor that went hand in hand with the "exhibition" idea.

Just because Fury's belt wasn't on the line doesn't make it an exhibition. In any case, the fight is listed as a regular Pro boxing match by Boxrec.com, the official record keeper for boxing, so having it listed at Sherdog as an exhibition looks kinda weird.

I guess the fight doesn't have to be listed at all, having boxing matches listed on an MMA fighter's record is kind of odd, but if it's going to be there it should be accurate

Why is Francis Ngannou's boxing match with Fury listed as Pro-Exhibition? This "exhibition" nonsense was disproven long ago. The fight was sanctioned as an official boxing match by the BBBofC, it used full boxing rules, regular gloves, and judges. There was not a "no knockdown rule" another rumor that went hand in hand with the "exhibition" idea.

Just because Fury's belt wasn't on the line doesn't make it an exhibition. In any case, the fight is listed as a regular Pro boxing match by Boxrec.com, the official record keeper for boxing, so having it listed at Sherdog as an exhibition looks kinda weird.

I guess the fight doesn't have to be listed at all, having boxing matches listed on an MMA fighter's record is kind of odd, but if it's going to be there it should be accurate
A few extremely noteworthy non-MMA matches involving prominent MMA fighters are listed on their Sherdog Fight Finder profiles as having happened. See also Floyd vs. Conor. In order to not change their MMA records, we list them as exhibitions. Ngannou isn't 17-4 now because of the loss, but we want to chronicle its existence. This is how we can do that in the confines of our system.

And just for the record, the status of Fury vs. Ngannou was confirmed as a pro bout and not an exhibition on weigh-in day. Even ESPN, a broadcast partner of the PPV, had it billed as an exhibition the day before the weigh-ins.

A few extremely noteworthy non-MMA matches involving prominent MMA fighters are listed on their Sherdog Fight Finder profiles as having happened. See also Floyd vs. Conor. In order to not change their MMA records, we list them as exhibitions. Ngannou isn't 17-4 now because of the loss, but we want to chronicle its existence. This is how we can do that in the confines of our system.

And just for the record, the status of Fury vs. Ngannou was confirmed as a pro bout and not an exhibition on weigh-in day. Even ESPN, a broadcast partner of the PPV, had it billed as an exhibition the day before the weigh-ins.

Ah ok, so there's no boxing-pro and boxing-exibition, just the latter for a catchall that the fight happened. Thanks for the info

Ah ok, so there's no boxing-pro and boxing-exibition
One day, my friend. It's a distant, future goal of mine. Who knows if it'll ever come together or will just be a pipe dream.

One day, my friend. It's a distant, future goal of mine. Who knows if it'll ever come together or will just be a pipe dream.

I'm fine with the MMA side of things being given priority here, so no worries!

Hi again, Sureb. Avdeev's official page has underdone biographical update; you may view these changes here. Thanks for helping us keep our records both accurate and up to date.

@Sureb kusto

fyi looks like a number of guys who fought in December don't have their records updated. The fights are in there, but they have one less W than they should, example is

who should have 15 Ws

also

and several others, seeing it all over, seems limited to December winners though

a really good example: Ramiro Jimenez is 10-0 with 3 wins in December, the stats show a 7-0 record

Last edited:
fyi looks like a number of guys who fought in December don't have their records updated. The fights are in there, but they have one less W than they should, example is

who should have 15 Ws

also

and several others, seeing it all over, seems limited to December winners though

a really good example: Ramiro Jimenez is 10-0 with 3 wins in December, the stats show a 7-0 record

This is a known bug on a software level – that is, not individual fighter pages – and is currently under review. We want those records updated as well. Thanks for writing in!

For some reason I doubt those two fights are related...!

I poked around and found where the Korean #14 is supposed to go:

Fixed! Thanks.

Hi again, Bakir. It was nice talking with you and thank you for the documents provided. Your organisation is now registered with us; you can see when you've upcoming events under your banner here.

Keep us up on the latest and we wish you and your org all the best!

@F5CHAMPIONSHIP

Hi again, Bakir. It was nice talking with you and thank you for the documents provided. Your organisation is now registered with us; you can see when you've upcoming events under your banner here.

Keep us up on the latest and we wish you and your org all the best!

@F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Thank you for cooparate.

Back