Fight Island... false advertising?

Hasn't ufc held 3 events here already as well

Like many MMA fans, I've been hyped for "Fight Island" ever since the idea was floated a couple of months ago. However, as details have emerged, I've found myself becoming more and more suspicious that "Fight Island" may not actually be what it seems...

As a seasoned amateur cartographer, my natural inclination was to investigate, and we, the consumers, deserve to know what we're actually getting when we spend our hard earned cash. Because of this, I've spent the past week researching the history of the island, perusing maps, studying weather patterns, and learning about it's surroundings to bring you the truth. What I found may shock you.

When "Fight Island" was first announced as a remote location allowing the UFC to proceed with events unrestricted, naturally many of us imagined a lightly inhabited, jungle atmosphere with tiki torches, bamboo huts and mai tais. T-shirts designed to sell us this fantasy began to popup in official and unofficial stores, further manipulating our perception.

UFCEMT6074D_540x.jpg
ra,unisex_tshirt,x2200,101010:01c5ca27c6,front-c,392,146,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.jpg

We wondered, "Where is this island? How are fighters going to get there? Is it dangerous?" -- but when it was revealed that the event would take place on Yas Island in the United Arab Emirates, I began to see some red flags that there was something fishy going on, and our Tiki fantasy began to fall apart.

I had to learn more. Naturally, my next step was to research the history of this island, its inhabitants, and rulers over the centuries. Upon a quick google search for "Yas island history", I began to uncover what the UFC elites clearly didn't want us to see:

This "island" has a rich history of... 14 years? It used to be a part of mainland Abu Dhabi? It has a shopping and entertainment center and a race track? What was going on?

Of course, the media manipulation continued. Even trust worthy sources like Forbes were furthering the Island fantasy with fake aerial views of the Island, designed to mislead.

960x0.jpg

"Aerial view of the spectacular Yas Island" - Forbes

Putting my cartography expertise to work, I was able to locate "Fight Island" on a web-based, 3-dimensional mapping software I use in my line of work called "Google Earth". When the aerial view loaded, what I saw made me spit out my La Croix.

fight-island.png

"Fight Island" was about as much of an "Island" as Disney World is an actual "World" in itself! One could make a technical argument that an island is simply a body of land surrounded by water, but this is far and away an egregious deviation from the remote and mysterious, lightly inhabited island in an unknown location that we were sold.

It was immediately clear what chicanery was afoot. WME, ESPN and the UFC elites, seemingly recognize the potential monetary gains to be made by selling the public an illusion of a mysterious island, rather than being forthcoming about what "Fight Island" actually is:

A fraudulent piece of capitalist main-land, hiding behind the thin veil of its creators' imaginations, designed to deceive consumers and separate them from their hard earned money under false pretenses.

I considered not bringing this information forward, wondering if I would be placing myself in danger of potential retaliation by the UFC and it's cronies, but after considering what harm may be done if I did not, I decided that the harm potentially caused my their misinformation would far exceed the potential danger to myself.

I bring this information forward not to convince you whether or not to purchase "Fight Island" next week, but rather to inform you of the media manipulation that is taking place and what you'll actually be paying for.

Always question authority.
Spat out your la croix lol

The first "Fight Island" was scheduled to take place here:

data=mmVrSIXqaRLM1D_9kj8K65GPDopNm82LCGxXZCP6ZpyyNPDVM3hcRJLlrTOOiOORuzQLJP-sRsyNWUZqHTm_xN5I96F14D-ky1obHfT0CD3fhjCeW29bscwo7siP3MkHCJWzdA3Xx2FLji26RHJj3cqth8a5C1_ssVm2KQHo17v0lLlsDeT7FoyQ2Vn289NVezT8IsgjDiUteIhTDVjbka7VJx332jRYwSBG8OcZbi63ahU

And even after that leaked, some fans still believed.

upload_2020-6-14_13-31-4.jpeg

Some MMA fans are just that....smart.

People believed we actually landed on the moon back in the 60s.

So what do you expect?

This is hilarious.

They literally kept quiet about it to keep the mythology alive for a few weeks and sell some t-shirts.

Do we know yet if Fight Island is going to use the small cage? I saw some articles suggesting Dana isn't sold on it at all.

Interesting, but likewise not surprising to see this entire thing could potentially be a ploy where Yas "Island" gets a ton of publicity that could attract other sports organizations host events there, while Dana and the UFC brass are able to book the event on short notice and perhaps on the cheap.

It seems the misinformation is even farther reaching than I originally feared. This article on USA Today talks about the venue, and the clearly duped author fawns over the island, gushing over the fact that such a place actually exists!

Pull the wool out from in front of your eyes people!

Last edited:
When I heard rumors Fight Island was a Island off Fiji or tahitti I was intrigued what it actually was is just dumb

MSG is Fight Island too (Hudson) ..Dana:We never stated it would be salt water
UFC APEX is Fight Desert (Mojave)

There's fights. They're going to happen on an island.

When this whole COVID thing started and we weren't getting fights, I would have happily watched a YAMMA Pit Fighting II event.

Dana did make it sound like some remote tropical Island in the middle of the Pacific somewhere. But in reality you had to have always thought they are going to need to be somewhat relatively close to a nearby hospital. So wouldn't have been that far off land.

Because these are fighters at the end of the day, some of them are going to be pretty busted up and will need medical treatment.

Like many MMA fans, I've been hyped for "Fight Island" ever since the idea was floated a couple of months ago. However, as details have emerged, I've found myself becoming more and more suspicious that "Fight Island" may not actually be what it seems...

As a seasoned amateur cartographer, my natural inclination was to investigate, and we, the consumers, deserve to know what we're actually getting when we spend our hard earned cash. Because of this, I've spent the past week researching the history of the island, perusing maps, studying weather patterns, and learning about it's surroundings to bring you the truth. What I found may shock you.

When "Fight Island" was first announced as a remote location allowing the UFC to proceed with events unrestricted, naturally many of us imagined a lightly inhabited, jungle atmosphere with tiki torches, bamboo huts and mai tais. T-shirts designed to sell us this fantasy began to popup in official and unofficial stores, further manipulating our perception.

UFCEMT6074D_540x.jpg
ra,unisex_tshirt,x2200,101010:01c5ca27c6,front-c,392,146,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.jpg

We wondered, "Where is this island? How are fighters going to get there? Is it dangerous?" -- but when it was revealed that the event would take place on Yas Island in the United Arab Emirates, I began to see some red flags that there was something fishy going on, and our Tiki fantasy began to fall apart.

I had to learn more. Naturally, my next step was to research the history of this island, its inhabitants, and rulers over the centuries. Upon a quick google search for "Yas island history", I began to uncover what the UFC elites clearly didn't want us to see:

This "island" has a rich history of... 14 years? It used to be a part of mainland Abu Dhabi? It has a shopping and entertainment center and a race track? What was going on?

Of course, the media manipulation continued. Even trust worthy sources like Forbes were furthering the Island fantasy with fake aerial views of the Island, designed to mislead.

960x0.jpg

"Aerial view of the spectacular Yas Island" - Forbes

Putting my cartography expertise to work, I was able to locate "Fight Island" on a web-based, 3-dimensional mapping software I use in my line of work called "Google Earth". When the aerial view loaded, what I saw made me spit out my La Croix.

fight-island.png

"Fight Island" was about as much of an "Island" as Disney World is an actual "World" in itself! One could make a technical argument that an island is simply a body of land surrounded by water, but this is far and away an egregious deviation from the remote and mysterious, lightly inhabited island in an unknown location that we were sold.

It was immediately clear what chicanery was afoot. WME, ESPN and the UFC elites, seemingly recognize the potential monetary gains to be made by selling the public an illusion of a mysterious island, rather than being forthcoming about what "Fight Island" actually is:

A fraudulent piece of capitalist main-land, hiding behind the thin veil of its creators' imaginations, designed to deceive consumers and separate them from their hard earned money under false pretenses.

I considered not bringing this information forward, wondering if I would be placing myself in danger of potential retaliation by the UFC and it's cronies, but after considering what harm may be done if I did not, I decided that the harm potentially caused by their misinformation would far exceed the potential danger to myself.

I bring this information forward not to convince you whether or not to purchase "Fight Island" next week, but rather to inform you of the media manipulation that is taking place and what you'll actually be paying for.

Always question authority.

For awhile I thought these posts were just very elaborate trolls having their fun...

But either I'm supremely fooled, or people are just that fuckin retarded.

Dana is somehow managing to still put on fights for us in the midst of today's situation, and this kid is seemingly trying to start a boycott.
And the place the fights will take place is called YAS ISLAND.
The only delusion you are suffering is your own. The island that you created in your head didn't come to fruition so now your whining ass is looking for an outlet.

Back