Fight Metric: Jones vs Reyes

So you dont want leg and body kicks to count now? Lmaoo. How is this is response to what I said? I'm saying even in the rounds that Reyes landed more than Jones, he was way less efficient than Jones. Reyes ended the fight landing 8 more strikes, while throwing nearly 100 more strikes lmaoo. While backing up
Efficiency is not a scoring criteria.

Im sorry, but just because you land 6 more strikes does not mean you should win an entire round. Espcially considering you miss over 30 shots. WHy do you people think that counts at being "outstruck"
Well because he hit him with more strikes

Reyes landed not only more in rounds 1-3, but he Landed much cleaner. Sick judges.

Efficiency is not a scoring criteria.
Well it should be lmaoo. Its ridiculous that, efficiency isn't taken into account when the strike differential is 8 lmaoo how could you not take that into account

Considering the stakes, this is the worst robbery in a long time. Every single round had a clear winner. 1-2-3 Reyes, clear as day.

Reyes should get a medal for how well he took this absolute fucking joke of a decision. Any normal man would have been fuming in that post-fight interview.

Well it should be lmaoo. Its ridiculous that, efficiency isn't taken into account when the strike differential is 8 lmaoo how could you not take that into account
Because all other criteria basically makes efficiency superfluous, I guess.

You know what's infuriating is the people saying jones won off his takedowns, what is up with these judges over valuing take downs you can defend 5 takedowns and get taken down 1 time (2/9 in this case) and you get more points for the 1 takedown than your opponent gets for stopping it 5 times.

Because all other criteria basically makes efficiency superfluous, I guess.
The official criteria someone posted on here is literally two pages lmaoo. They tell you how to grade effective striking with 2 sentences. It's not an article I think judges can rely on or should rely on. It's not in depth at all

Why is no one looking at efficiency though. Reyes landed a few more Sig. Strikes but look how much more he threw. Jones was landing as well in rounds 1-3, not as much, but at a way more efficient rate. These stats dont show clear rounds for Reyes lmaoo stupid

That's one of the most retarded things I've read in this site

"He may have landed less strikes but he landed a higher percentage"

Ok I'll throw 5 strikes that land and then just not throw then. If you keep trying to punch me in the face I guess you lose the round if you miss some.

Absolute fucking moron

The official criteria someone posted on here is literally two pages lmaoo. They tell you how to grade effective striking with 2 sentences. It's not an article I think judges can rely on or should rely on
So they should ignore the rules of their jobs and just do their own thing? No wonder judging is fucking broken lol.

Well because he hit him with more strikes

Did he? Does a checked kick or a blocked punch still count as a landed strike for these metrics? Because it seemed to me that Jones was hitting Reyes far more cleanly throughout the fight.

I was thinking they gave it to him on account of like 3-4 generations of the joneses being present but fuck that shit. cowboy decapitated in front of his grandma and then shafted by the ufc for his pay. Fuck the ufc, they really do need a fighters union because this is fucking ridiculous. Hell they could garner the power to have fighters oversee decisions such as this and maybe they could overturn things cus this is fucking ridiculous
Funny how all of a sudden the most important thing in the entire sport is Octagon control. How low the UFC has become now is pathetic. Its become groundhog day. Boxing was destroyed because of it and now mma is no better.

The only thing metric shows that fight was close- champ landed the larger percentage of significant strikes ....champ retains title. I have no problems with Jones winning. Reyes stock doesnt drop and maybe second fight in near future.

That's one of the most retarded things I've read in this site

"He may have landed less strikes but he landed a higher percentage"

Ok I'll throw 5 strikes that land and then just not throw then. If you keep trying to punch me in the face I guess you lose the round if you miss some.

Absolute fucking moron
You dont understand that throwing over 90 more strikes than someone, and only landing 8 more, means your opponent is landing just as much you pretty much while missing and whiffing on shots way less. Do you not know what efficiency means?

So they should ignore the rules of their jobs and just do their own thing? No wonder judging is fucking broken lol.
Not saying it's not broken but I just dont think referring to the 750 word little flyer everytime you have a close round lmaoo. There's no way you could do that and get accurate results

You dont understand that throwing over 90 more strikes than someone, and only landing 8 more, means your opponent is landing just as much you pretty much while missing and whiffing on shots way less. Do you not know what efficiency means?

I know what it means you fucking retard. It means I still landed more strikes than you. If I miss does it fucking hurt me? No. I might spend energy but in that case you can make up for it later. Why the fuck would you wi a fight that I landed more punches in. Because I was fucking TIRED?

You're an actual pseudo hardcore fan that has no fucking idea what hes saying

I know what it means you fucking retard. It means I still landed more strikes than you. If I miss does it fucking hurt me? No. I might spend energy but in that case you can make up for it later. Why the fuck would you wi a fight that I landed more punches in. Because I was fucking TIRED?

You're an actual pseudo hardcore fan that has no fucking idea what hes saying
No you lose because you whiffed on punches and backed up the whole time while only landing a few more strikes. If the amount of strikes landed is the only thing that matters why would they even track the amount of punches the fighters throw lmaoo. Just for fun? You are very dumb sir and I dont think you know how efficiency works or what it means

No you lose because you whiffed on punches and backed up the whole time while only landing a few more strikes. If the amount of strikes landed is the only thing that matters why would they even track the amount of punches the fighters throw lmaoo. Just for fun? You are very dumb sir and I dont think you know how efficiency works or what it means

Ok so let's get in a fight right now hypothetically. Assume all punches are equal power roughly.

I land 35 punches but threw 100
You land 25 punches but threw 55

You are unironically claiming this means you out struck me and won the fight. Even though you got punched in the face 10 more times. At least you're slightly less tired, right?

<6>

The fight was a draw, but the fact everyone ignores Jones defense in the fight is weird.

Jones was more efficient and a lot of strikes people were ooh and ahhing over didn't even land.

Ok so let's get in a fight right now hypothetically. Assume all punches are equal power roughly.

I land 35 punches but threw 100
You land 25 punches but threw 55

You are unironically claiming this means you out struck me and won the fight. Even though you got punched in the face 10 more times. At least you're slightly less tired, right?

<6>
I'm not doing a hypothetical though. I'm talking about this fight. Where there are actual stats, not some made up ones you pull from your ass(even in your made up scenario the efficiency rate is way closer than the jones fight). Jones landed slightly less, while reyes through wayyyyyy more. Meaning he was more efficient. If jones was running, and not engaging and that's why Reyes was missing that is one thing, but instead it was reyes who was on his bike for most the fight, while also whiffing and missing a shit load of punches. To say someone was outstruck because he took 8 more shots while moving forward 95 percent of a 5 round fight is just being delusional and not looking at the whole picture. You're effectively saying that efficiency shouldn't matter in striking, which is nonsense

Back