Fighters exaggerating rehydrated weight...

I wish guys fought at their natural weight. It’s not like they have 30lbs of fat to cut during camp. It’s vital water. Doesn’t need to be drained to extremes.

Once roy jones went back down to his normal fighting weight...for whatever reason..he was never ever the same...if he ever fought antonio tarver in his prime...he would murdered that fool...

I agree, but still, one of the best pre-fight instructions ever...made me shoot beer out of my nose across the room:

The ko made it that much funnier.

I agree, but still, one of the best pre-fight instructions ever...made me shoot beer out of my nose across the room:

The ko made it that much funnier.

Roy just wasn't the same. tarver was a decent fighter...but guys that jones beat, would have beaten tarver...hopkins, way back when hopkins was young...james toney...both of those guys would have easily beaten tarver...and jones beat them with ease...Jones in his prime was pretty much unhittable, and unbeatable...but once his speed started to go...his reflexes went, he started to get hit more easily...Jones rarely if ever got hit in his prime...the guy had speed for days, hit like a freaken truck, never got tired...he was literally the perfect freak of a fighter...did everything wrong...yet nobody could touch him...the guy never jabbed in his life...haha

30 lbs sadly isn't unheard of.

True, but we need context.

That is, what division is said fighter in?

Are they using an IV for assistance?

Are they extremely muscular, to the point that they may be on PEDs?

Gleison Tibau was able to achieve cuts that were some of the biggest of all time for a 155lb man, but he was allowed the IV back in the day, was bulky as hell, and on PEDs.

Till was big for 170, but not jaw dropping big. I would guess at most 195, and that's perhaps a tad generous. Wouldn't surprise me if he was 193-194, versus Cerrone at 180-183.

Last edited:
I agree that Till looked big but 200 lbs? No way, not when you consider that even a weight cut of 25 lbs is enough to seriously harm some people. I just can't believe anyone could cut all that weight without experiencing some difficulties.

Just listened to darin till on the mma hour and i gotta say it seems like alot of fighters are greatly exaggerating how much weight there putting on. Till was claiming he was over 200lbs so your saying you regained 30+ pounds in under 24 hours is it just me or is this complete bullshit guy looked 187ish not 200+ . Maybe im wrong but it seems very unhealthy to take that much water,food in such a short period

It's all water (well... maybe two to four lbs of food). It's not that unhealthy if you can manage to keep your electrolytes in check. But it's tough. Fighters do lie about it to intimidate one another. But it does happen. Just not as often as claimed.

No it doesnt happen a good example of a 200 pound man is anderson silva fighting at 205 or lyoto neither cut weight , the guys you mentioned would look like manlets in the ring next to them fighting at what they rehydrated too

Silva and Lyoto both cut to get to 205.

I understand cutting from 200 or whatever weight i just dont understand how their physically without an IV consuming 30 pounds of mass in that short of a period without being completly bloated and waterlogged , how can their bodies process that much mass, you can die from drinking that much water i do t buy it...

You don't get bloated because you suck yourself dry first. You're just replacing the fluids you've drained.

thats like putting back 4 gallons of water. It'd make most people feel bloated and shit. people exagerate

I dont doubt people have cut 30+ lbs but thats through the course of a camp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back