Fighters hesitant to exchange....

Fighting is extremely mental...

Fighters spend way more time preparing the body then they ever do the mind..this is a difference between a fighter ( prize or street) and a martial artist ...its the lost part about learning Martial Arts in the modern age...

Its like you can learn everything you need to and study for months every night for an exam....but you still gotta go in and write the test...some people can ...some people cant...and some have to learn how to .

Aldana clearly needs to learn how to...

Seems like an intelligent post but I see you are from Canada so I'm confused. Were you educated in the US and then move to Canada?

Only two people can fight in there. Both have to "show up". It seems Nunes had a speed and power advantage. Irene seemed anxious as hell. She didn't have very potent lead offense and ended up banking on Amanda winging open punches to land a counter with her "tight boxing" which actually worked in first round

Beyond that it seemed Amanda was fighting pretty tight and measured. Mixed in a lot of takedowns just to keep things unpredictable. She even got out of the way of body upkicks

Blows me away. You get the opportunity of a lifetime and don't engage. I guess you are afraid to get KO'ed and don't want to make mistakes but it's so frustrating to watch. It always happens with the dominant champions like Anderson, Nunes, GSP, etc. where fighters are terrified of engaging.

It gives me newfound respect for fighters that bring it like Pena and know they are going to take damage but at least give it a go.

XXsVyhv.jpg

Back