Fighters still making $15k and under

Because all of the named fighters were unnamed and the headliners aren't ALL that people buy the PPV to see.

Also, because they fucking can. The better question is why do you think everyone but the fighters needs to take so much of the profit generated by the sales.

Umm is this supposed to be a trick question? My guess would be because fighters sign a contract to be paid a specific dollar amount to work for the UFC, not a profit share.

If fighters or anyone wants a share of UFC profits, buy TKO shares, that is how the real world works.

Those guys got their UFC contracts for short-notice fights and are going nowhere. I am not sure they will get paid more in other organisations. They are jobbers to feed the prospects

The hungrier they are the better the fights. Pay them peanuts.

These are guys on their first or second ufc fight. All facing losses. Step one is getting their foot in the door of the biggest promotion out there. Most fighters probably don’t make much in their first or second UFC fight. That doesn’t mean they can’t be rich later if they’re talented and with a bit of luck.

This has to stop. Have you guys seen what a prelim get paid in boxing for PBC or Top rank.

How do these guys pay for their camp and trainers and everything else. This is supposed to be the number one promotion in the world and you see guys basically fighting for free
View attachment 1031331

If those grown men don't like it, they wouldn't have signed the contract

They can most likely get paid better in other orgs...

But they know that they have endless room to grow in the UFC

If noone cares who youvarecorcofcyoure fighting you should be happy to get 12k as literally anyone could replace you with equal results money wise.

Makes no sense to bitch about psy when noone is coming to see you fight and don't care wether you do or dont..... its the people who are rooted for still getting 25 k a fight that's the crime

First of all, no one said fighting is guaranteed wealth.
Second, MMA is not a real sport.
Third, UFC is dying.
<21>

How do these guys pay for their camp and trainers and everything else. This is supposed to be the number one promotion in the world and you see guys basically fighting for free

I guess they're still at the point of their career where they sleep in the gym and have all their personal stuff in their car.

Here's my perspective, and I'm sure it'll piss a lot of people off =

It's a free-market economy. Fighters sign up for the compensation that they do.
Its not a Free Market when you have a Monopoly. Take a basic economics class. The leverage the UFC wields when they have the hammer is one thing but they don't like it when a fighter does the same and so they then go out of their way to try and destroy anyone who stands against them.

"After rejecting the UFC's fight offer in order to play a role in Bruised, with Berry apparently informing Zingano that she couldn't star in the movie and fight simultaneously due to insurance reasons, the 40-year-old was subsequently released from the promotion.

She was also later removed from the mixed martial arts movie's cast. The suit stated that Berry sought a UFC-employed fighter, thus eliminating Zingano from the equation after her release"

So basically Cat accepted the offer to star in the movie from Berry, had to reject a fight because she couldn't fight while filming a movie, the UFC cut her for it and Berry told her she couldn't be in the film anymore due to no longer being in the UFC...

There's a lot of other stuff in that article that add more context, but yeah it's just messed up thing from both parties(UFC and Berry).
I haven't watched the film so I can't say much on the quality of it.
I had never heard that. The role was basically Apollo Creed. Valentina Schevchenko played the role just fine but overall the movie was poorly written. Berry's character had a million layers of Trauma and Drama but none of it was really explored it was just layered on. In Rocky Sylvester Stalone established how he was a loser, club fighter who had talent but never applied himself. The battle against Creed was as much a battle against himself. This movie missed the mark by heaping on veneers of problems but with no actual depth to a single one. Also in a "Bar Fight" type of scene Halle Berry pretty much kills Gabby Garcia with her bare hands. It was worse then the scene in Roadhouse where Swayze rips out the guys throat.

It’s the premier promotion and they CAN afford to. No one said they should make millions
Why do these athletes deserve the income they're earning? Let's break it down. What's their ticket sales volume? Are they pulling in pay-per-view numbers? Do they command substantial TV ratings? And most importantly, what specific value are these athletes contributing to the sport?

Here's a little insider info. Those at the bottom of the fight card are getting a higher paycheck than they deserve.

Fighters like GSP, Conor McGregor, Brock Lesnar, and guys from the old days like Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz are shouldering the bulk of it, but when you dissect the value they bring to the promotion, the compensation often doesn't match up. It's a game of dollars and cents, and the top-tier athletes might just be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to their contributions to the fight game.

Why do these athletes deserve the income they're earning? Let's break it down. What's their ticket sales volume? Are they pulling in pay-per-view numbers? Do they command substantial TV ratings? And most importantly, what specific value are these athletes contributing to the sport?

Here's a little insider info. Those at the bottom of the fight card are getting a higher paycheck than they deserve.

Fighters like GSP, Conor McGregor, Brock Lesnar, and guys from the old days like Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz are shouldering the bulk of it, but when you dissect the value they bring to the promotion, the compensation often doesn't match up. It's a game of dollars and cents, and the top-tier athletes might just be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to their contributions to the fight game.
Here is the reality of it. All the fighters are Under Paid and the UFC is happy to have people like you keep their eyes on each fighter and keep them fighting amongst themselves. How many people tune in to see Dana White? Yet he makes hundreds of millions. But you are right most of the fighters are "Over Paid".

Its not a Free Market when you have a Monopoly. Take a basic economics class. The leverage the UFC wields when they have the hammer is one thing but they don't like it when a fighter does the same and so they then go out of their way to try and destroy anyone who stands against them.
The term "monopoly" meant some big shot with a government pass and protection from competition, not really playing fair in a free market. Now some may say, a monopoly might be a business pulling in crazy profits by holding back on the goods, with little competition daring to step up. But making those wild bucks in a diverse, free-market brawl? About as likely as me losing a fistfight to a space invader.

Another aspect of "monopoly" relates to a single supplier of a specific product or service. In reality, each individual holds a monopoly on their labor, and store owners monopolize the products they sell. Thus, even in a theoretically perfectly competitive market, numerous monopolies coexist and compete.

And here's a little nugget for ya – sometimes, folks throw around "monopoly" just 'cause they're not feeling the love for a big, successful business.

Oh, and don't mix up monopoly with monopsony – monopoly is one seller calling the shots, while monopsony is one buyer flexing. Keep it straight, folks!

The term "monopoly" meant some big shot with a government pass and protection from competition, not really playing fair in a free market. Now some may say, a monopoly might be a business pulling in crazy profits by holding back on the goods, with little competition daring to step up. But making those wild bucks in a diverse, free-market brawl? About as likely as me losing a fistfight to a space invader.

Another aspect of "monopoly" relates to a single supplier of a specific product or service. In reality, each individual holds a monopoly on their labor, and store owners monopolize the products they sell. Thus, even in a theoretically perfectly competitive market, numerous monopolies coexist and compete.

And here's a little nugget for ya – sometimes, folks throw around "monopoly" just 'cause they're not feeling the love for a big, successful business.

Oh, and don't mix up monopoly with monopsony – monopoly is one seller calling the shots, while monopsony is one buyer flexing. Keep it straight, folks!
Oh you are right. The UFC is more of a Monopsony (Single Buyer) then a Monopoly. Sorry my bad.

Recall Josh Barnett making the argument they were overpaid. Stated that some of these guys don't draw that much. I couldn't argue against that, are they bringing in the amount in tickets? What do you think they should be paid? What's fair for them?

When Josh Barnett said that I'm pretty sure they sere still allowed to have their sponsors iirc.

Back