Fighters that you weren’t supporting, but then became a fan later?

Bisping

Never liked the guy but the way in which he dispatched Rockhold made me a fan forever

Derrick Lewis... I was rooting hard for Mitrione when they fought because I couldn't stand Lewis' trash talk. Now, he's one of my favorite fighters in the UFC.

Also disliked Patrick Cummins for his DC comments, but have come around on him as well. Entertaining guy.

Back in the day koshcheck. Always thought he was a douche but started be a fan because he fought so often.

This x 10000.

I thought he was a tool.

Then slowly learned how much he truly loved the sport and the hard work he was putting in to provide for his family and to contribute to the sport.

He learned to embrace the heel roll well and that made him very likable as well.

Good guy who made smart invstments also.

Dillashaw,Ben Rothwell,Edgar,Matt brown,Tony Ferguson....

Everyone has their reasons for supporting certain fighters, but are there some that you weren’t a fan of originally, but later came on board as they grew on you?

For me this happened with Condit when he first came to the UFC. I didn’t really follow him in WEC, and I didn’t get to appreciate him until after a few fights in the UFC, but eventually he became one of my favourite. His fight with GSP is still top 10 in my book.

Same thing with Maia at first. I thought that he was too one dimensional to get behind him, but now I really appreciate his wizard-level grappling, in spite of some less than stellar fights. Also happens to be one of the most classy guy in MMA.

Yours?
Hendo. Didnt become a true fan, but hespect. Perhaps the only wrestler I like....

You guys are weak. My hate is strong.

Condit for me too. Hated him for ko’ing Dan Hardy I honestly thought he’d be a champ.

Kevin Lee

McG
Maia
Werdum
Stipe
Garbrandt

"Bruce Leroy" Alex Caceres. I think even he'd be the first to say he did a lot of growing up after his season of TUF, where he was just so incredibly annoying and seemingly antagonistic. But he has a real fun and rounded style that brings excitement wherever the fight goes, and has an extremely humble approach to fighting that I really identify with.

i hated Platinum mike perry

then i watched his fights and understood his greatness

fully approved by the just bleed god

11 wins

11 kos

Matt brown. Thought he was a douche on tuf, and that he was way over hyped for most of his ufc career.

Turned me around sometime around the Erick Silva and Lawler fights

Usually become a fan when I first see them fight. Can't think of an example tbh.

Frankie Edgar

I was a big fan of Penn, so when he decimated him, I was bummed. But he is a fucking tough dude, seems cool af, and came back from the dead vs Gray Maynard

Diaz Bros became my favourite.Pity Nick never fought once he became one of my favourites.

Back