Fighters who are most well known for a loss

Johny Hendricks is known more for his fight with GSP instead of his actual title win.

Name one thing that he is more well known for than the Mayweather fight.

Being an MMA champion. A quick Google search or glance at his Wikipedia will tell you that almost no one refers to him as a boxer or former Mayweather opponent.

It's always "former UFC champ", or "Irish mixed martial artist".

81847953.gif

Hosay Aldo for getting slept by Conor in 13 seconds.

Uhm no....
Read the thread again MOST known for a loss.
Jose was known years before that fight as one of the best in the world.
WEC and UFC champ.
That fight might be his most known fight among casuals.'

I browsed through the first page, and no mention of...

... GUS?

He is the very first answer to come to my mind.
I mean, you could argue, he is most well known for TWO losses...

Reactions: lsa
Kanehara: got destroyed by Shogun, Wandy, Cro Cop and Overeem. Poor guy had to fight those 4 back to back and surprisingly got a decision loss to Cro Cop even though he was getting hammered for 15 minutes.

Luckily for him Cro Cop missed with this soccer kick
CuvjzwUWIAAtSBB.jpg

I'd be curious what a newer fan thinks when you say Rashad Evans.

He was a world champion, TUF winner, coach of one of the biggest and arguably best seasons of TUF, had over 1m ppvs buys vs Rampage...

but still probably more recognized as a meme.

Lando Venatta after he messed up Tony Ferguson for about a round

That dipshit wearing a mask, who Crocop ko'd

How big is that shovel, that you can keep digging like this
Travis has a burner account! Wow! or is this Rhonda herself? If so, Holly says hi and is happy to have made you famous.
But, I'm done with you Travis. You were funny for a while.

He was a world champion, TUF winner, coach of one of the biggest and arguably best seasons of TUF, had over 1m ppvs buys vs Rampage...

I mean,SHADFACE is def up there,but I have to say he had to major highlights. One, was the he was the second TUF guy to win a title,beating the first,and he is also the one who totally destroyed Chuck's career.

That was it,you knew there wasnt no comin back from that shit.

Rashad Evans I'm afraid

Ironically I'll also say Sean Salmon

06_Barboza_Etim_02.jpg

Most people couldn't even name 3 other Etim fights without looking up his record...

Off the top of my head. RDA, Rich Clementi, Sam Stout, Tibau, and I remember the nasty guillotine on Matt Grice that seemed to go on forever.

Etim was legit. Only ever beaten by contenders. It's a shame the Barboza kick is all he will be known for, especially by newer fans.

I might add, I will remember his opponent here before any loss - 6' 7"
Hell, I'll add Brad Imes lol.
rashad-evans-dana-white-and-brad-imes-during-the-ultimate-fighter-4-picture-id115470159

Back