Fighters who performance better in the Gym

I'd figure Uriah Hall does much better in the gym than he does in the octagon

Some people are good at competition, no matter what the thing they’re competing in is.

They don’t fold under pressure and they make good decisions.

Jon Jones is a good competitor.

heard stories about Todd Duffee beating up world champions in the gym..

Patrick Cummins.

I recall Rogan giving Cummins some butthole smoke. "He's beating highly skilled people in the gym. Highly experienced MMA guys and they talk about him a lot. Don't be surprised when he walks through some people".

Joe Riggs was apparently a beast in training but could never perform to the same level in MMA.

Me. I abuse and destroy heavy bags because the real deal is entirely too frightening.

Old stories of Francis Carmont being an animal in gym. Cage door shuts and he wanted to hold it on ground

Cain kills it in the gym but he falls apart before making it to the cage.

<WhoJeff>

— Dan Henderson on Hector Lombard

He was a little bit of a bully in the room and a lot of the guys didn’t like him because he’d kind of go extra hard on guys that he was a lot better than or bigger than.

"Some of the other guys would kind of step up and put him in his place. He never did anything like that while I was there so personally, he was fine but none of my guys like him at all."

According to Henderson, Lombard would routinely go after less skilled fighters or smaller fighters while he was training and that didn’t sit very well with some of the other veterans in the room.

Henderson says he doesn’t mind that fighters put everything into a training session or a hard sparring match, but Lombard would do that against teammates who weren’t on his same level.

"I don’t have a problem with that, it’s when it’s only against the guys that are that are a lot smaller or less skilled than you to feed into your ego," Henderson said. "He never did any of that with me, he never did it with anybody that was bigger or stronger than him."

Henderson doesn’t have anything positive or negative to say about Lombard from the brief time they trained together, but he’s happy to fight him in the Octagon this weekend at UFC 199

https://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story...or-lombard-addresses-retirement-rumors-060116

sounds like a dick tbh

Glad Hendo knocked him out

i've heard from coaches here in Aus that Tyson Pedro is a much better beast in sparring than on fight night

Back