Fighters you’d pick to beat Jamahal Hill (since he seems to be upset about it)

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Seems like Hill is getting very defensive about his LHW Champ status ever since Bellator did its usual thing saying their champ could beat UFC’s champ. Usually this doesn’t bother anyone, but Hill seems to be extra bothered.

Because of this, I’d like to see what Sherdog thought about Hill against any other LHW’s in the UFC or anywhere.

I’ll start, I think these fighters could beat Hill:

Prime Glover
Jones (easily)
Jiri P
Vadim Nemkov
Jan B
Alex P
Magomed Ankalaev
A Rakic
Paul Craig (again lol)

I would pick Nemkov to beat him, but I don't necessarily think he's a weak fighter -- I think he just hasn't had a chance to shine yet. He's got a solid record. The Jiri that fought Glover would not beat Hill, IMO. Every time Glover was doing well in that fight was because Jiri did something goofy.

I would favor Nemkov, Jiri, Ankalaev, Anderson, Davis and Blachowicz over him. Bader and Rakic could go either way.

The UFC inexplicably made Blachowicz vs Ankalaev a title fight and then in an even worse decision discarded both fighters and made Glover vs newcomer Hill. The title was already a joke and they made it meaningless.

I think Paul Craig is literally figured out .. a heavy submission artist with quick hips was a surprise.. hill dominates in a rematch that said... any of the top 10 could beat him based on the skills shown... going further he could beat them there is noone as good as DC or Rumble in that division today let alone Jones

angry-gary-oldman.gif

I'd favour Jiri, Ankalaev, Nemkov, Jan and Rakic.

I think Corey could be interesting but the dude is chinny and Hill has fast, accurate and powerful pinches and could find his chin.

Seems like Hill is getting very defensive about his LHW Champ status ever since Bellator did its usual thing saying their champ could beat UFC’s champ. Usually this doesn’t bother anyone, but Hill seems to be extra bothered.

Because of this, I’d like to see what Sherdog thought about Hill against any other LHW’s in the UFC or anywhere.

I’ll start, I think these fighters could beat Hill:

Prime Glover
Jones (easily)
Jiri P
Vadim Nemkov
Jan B
Alex P
Magomed Ankalaev
A Rakic
Paul Craig (again lol)

How U think it goes against Izzy?

I think he could beat them all. His technique is better compared to most and his cardio holds up all 5 rounds. This is massive at lhw. Ankalaev and I guess Nemkov his biggest challenges. And of course Izzy and Alex if these fights get made.

Back