Fighters you have met in real life?

From Hawaii, but met BJ Penn in Hawaii, along with Holly Holm and Weidman. While I was studying at UH, met Chris Lieben at Red Lion. He was a cool guy and watched the fights with us. The other three was more of a meet and greet, so can’t comment on how they are. I do know BJ seemed excited that I was a local boy from Hawaii

I used to interview fighters and do photography

So ALOT

This man knows!

I love your work too. Especially this, your masterpiece and crown jewel of your career.
30t2qtl_medium.jpg

Last edited:
From Hawaii, but met BJ Penn in Hawaii, along with Holly Holm and Weidman. While I was studying at UH, met Chris Lieben at Red Lion. He was a cool guy and watched the fights with us. The other three was more of a meet and greet, so can’t comment on how they are. I do know BJ seemed excited that I was a local boy from Hawaii

BJ Penn is on my MMA bucket list of fighters to meet...i dont think its possible if i ever go to Hawaii that i wont go see him and Max Holloway as in regardless of why im there i am going to go meet them ahnaha...lucky you man .

Wanderlei Silva, Shane Carwin, Matt mitrione, Jon Fitch, Anthony pettis,Melvin guillard, Mike swick, Ben Saunders, Mark munoz,Ryan bader, fabricio werdum, John Dodson, pat militech, Jeff and patt curren and my favorite Charles felony/Krazy horse Bennett

BJ Penn is on my MMA bucket list of fighters to meet...i dont think its possible if i ever go to Hawaii that i wont go see him and Max Holloway as in regardless of why im there i am going to go meet them ahnaha...lucky you man .
I think Max would be easier since he’s on Oahu. You gotta catch BJ when he’s on island or go to Hilo. I’m sure I met Max when he was a kid but don’t remember. I used to live in Nanakuli which is next to Waianae

I think Max would be easier since he’s on Oahu. You gotta catch BJ when he’s on island or go to Hilo. I’m sure I met Max when he was a kid but don’t remember. I used to live in Nanakuli which is next to Waianae

If i ever make it to the islands im not leaving till i met those two hahaha and all the braddahs over there...ray cooper and them too

I met Mohamad Ali once. I was at work, and he came to where i was working to order furniture. Saw a big dude leaning on my truck, talking with some guys. Went over there, and it was Ali. He was pretty far into his disease by then, but one of the guys i was working with had a camera, snapped some pics. Ole Ali didnt shake at all when he posed for them photos. Pretty cool. I almost forgot about it, until i saw this thread

If i ever make it to the islands im not leaving till i met those two hahaha and all the braddahs over there...ray cooper and them too
Ray Cooper seems like a cool guy. He’s on here all the time. I bet you can just go to their gyms.

Lol, I nearly got my stupid ass KO'ed by Frankie at Patrick Molloy's in Hermosa with a very badly worded comment about his ears having not recognized who he was at all and meant as a complement to start conversation but he clearly did not take that way. Unlike Josh Barnett some guys are much smaller in real life than they appear in the mirror.

speaking of size I met Tito Ortiz and he was gigantic it was crazy

I met Mike Perry a few years ago in a small local bar. He came in with a group of guys and girls and they were the best dressed in there. I thought he looked familiar, went up to him and asked if he was Mike Perry. Gave him a handshake bro hug after he said yes and walked off since I've always told myself that I wouldn't be an annoying fan.

I thought it was a weird place for him to be in since it's like a redneck bar you can smoke cigarrettes in.

Only time I've ever met a minor celebrity, or athlete.

So many I honestly can’t count. I’ve hung out with Weidman tons (he’s on sherdog btw holler broski)

I played slot machines with Frankie Edgar

I put Todd duffee on with one of my female friends but he fucked it up

Hung out with Luke rockhold at the bar in Boston and he was really an awesome guy. Really great conversation and fedor is his favorite fighter
What's weidmans account name

Briefly trained under Kalib Starnes.
Really cool dude and overall good guy. His pupil ko'd me in an amateur fight so I asked if I could train with his team back then. They accepted.

Respect to any fighters who did it 10+ years ago because they literally built up the sport and most of them don't have that much to show for their efforts.

Rampage was apparently a big douche to everyone at the club I worked at.

Shook hands and took a pic with Jake Shields at another club too. Super nice guy.

Brian Stann
Bablu
Tom Atencio

All at once while they were at an Affliction event on Okinawa.

Capt. Stann told me to kick Bablu in the nuts and politely replied.

"Uhhhh.... No."

Babalu was either jet-lagged or drunk and he just grinned at me and said "Yah, no. Don't do that." :)

Atencio was super cool.

I once say Guido Cannetti in a local kickboxing event about 3/4 years.

He was in crutches and there were a lot of people approaching him. I let him alone.

Back