Fightgear.com Headgear w. pics

Foxx_MMA

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Well there has been a lot of headgear talk and i wanted to start sparring so i decided to bite the bullet and get 2 headgears from fightgear.com http://store.yahoo.com/fightgear/ I had to buy two since my roommate/sparring partner is a deadbeat but its nice to have two different ones anyways. So onto the review
I just got them but so far i really like them.
Sizing: They do size a bit tight i got a traditional as opposed to the fullface cause i have a somewhat narrow head and sometimes if i cant cinch down the chin it will roll around on me. I think i could have gone with the full face here though cause they are snug side which i like. There is some adjustment with the 3 flaps in the back but if your between sizes i would say go up for sure.

The materals made are top notch. The traditional one is a little stiff but i bet with some beating it will begin to soften up. The airmax is nice and light and real comfortable. Both have a very nice coolmax lining in them though
I do like the way the earholes are done more in the air max than the tradtional you will see on the pics:
Airmax:
Traditional:

Sideby side:

The service i got from fightgear.com was top notch. I had a sizing question got a reply the next day. Shipping took about 3 days from order to door so i couldnt be happier.

Concerns: I only have one concern and thats with the airmax. The tradational strap attaches right to the leather the airmax straps to the mesh. I will let you know if thats a problem or if it will hold up. I figure worst case scenario its still an easy fix with a sew job or velcro but i wish they had attached it like on the tradtional it might ever pan out to be a problem though so I will keep you updated
Traditional strap:

Airmax Strap:

nice. I like the blue bomber personally, but they make some great headgears. Thanks!

Good review Foxx, man we are getting a nice little review forum going here :icon_chee

blue bomber like bomberman?

I dig the blue one, nice review fox

~Foz

Hope to hear more about the airmax, I am planning on getting the airmax soon. How do you like it. I wear a size 7 hat, so what size do you think I should get S. M, L? Good review, thanks.

Foxx can you get the rest of the pics back up.

I have been using the air max for over a year. It is holding up great. I don't unbuckle/buckle the chin strap every time so I don't know how it will wear. I leave it buckled and put the headgear on through the back. It opens up so you can pull it on/off. It saves fumbling with the buckle and is quicker.

I can't find any negatives with it.

Where did you pick this headgear up at? I can't seem to find it at MMAmuscle.com or Fightgear.com

Propaganda said:
Where did you pick this headgear up at? I can't seem to find it at MMAmuscle.com or Fightgear.com

I believe Paul said that he hasn't gotten all their models in yet, but he should get them within the month. PM 'mmamuscle.com' if you have any specific questions for him.

Fightgear used to host a Yahoo storefront, but it was shut down after they found others to sell the gear.

Waiting for the Everlast headgear to come in from Paul over at MMAmuscle.

Back