Fightpass? Mistake or good idea? (poll added)

Nice reading comprehension, moron.

They should have considered that most people don't have Rokus or Xbox One's to watch Fight Pass on their TVs. Is that too complex for you?

Wow, re-read your own post and listen to how self obsessed you sound. Put up or shut up.

(Or fork out for a frigging hdmi cable and put the work on the back burner)

First world problems.

Now get back to work.

Nice reading comprehension, moron.

They should have considered that most people don't have Rokus or Xbox One's to watch Fight Pass on their TVs. Is that too complex for you?

...right. But a lot of people can hook up a computer/laptop to a TV, or just you know, watch on the computer/laptop.

...right. But a lot of people can hook up a computer/laptop to a TV, or just you know, watch on the computer/laptop.

Yes that's what a reasonable person with an IQ above 70 would do. But then what do I know..

I too have been considering buying it, but the overly-defensive attitude of the purchasers in this thread only reinforce my second thoughts.

Before Fight Pass, I watched every single card the UFC made.

Ever since Fight Pass arrived, there are cards I haven't seen. I feel like I am missing out and frankly, I feel like I am being pushed away.

For me personally, it's not a good idea and it's drawing me away.
I've been streaming now. Never used to do that. Thanks to how they do things now.

So I'm streaming the event over Airplay and here are my thoughts on it so far.

I'm pretty sure most of these issues have less to do with Fight Pass and more to do with just the nature of my streaming set up.

I have to stream it from my work desktop in the other room. My personal desktop is closer but missed the Airplay functionality by a year. So pausing the event or fast forwarding through cruft is kind of a pain in the ass. However, I haven't tried connecting my work desktop to my bluetooth remote so not sure if that'll solve the issue. I'll try that later.

The sound kind of sucks. Not unbearable but just inconsistent. Sometimes loud, sometimes muffled.

The video is flashy, like it's at a low frame rate. Not enough to be unwatchable and not choppy, but it is distracting. It also skips and freezes occasionally.

In the end, I think the library itself along with the ability to watch full PPV's when they're added (I can't get PPV's since I have a Tivo box) can justify the price. And although I'm not happy about events I used to get free being on a paid service now, I plan on cutting cable at some point this year and being able to get UFC events through Fight Pass will be awesome. MMA is one of the main reasons I haven't cut the cord yet.

and if you want to watch every fight around the world, even events that aren't really for your country, you at least have an option to watch it. I guess I don't see the problem with that.
Or you could just stream it

and if you want to watch every fight around the world, even events that aren't really for your country, you at least have an option to watch it. I guess I don't see the problem with that.

This

These are for other markets and tv deals in those countries, if you want to see these events you have the option, if you dont then dont order.

I have Fight pass cause 10 bucks is nothing, its a pack of smokes in NJ, its well worth the money for prelims, fight cards, TUF and the library.

Do you think IQ determines how you like to watch TV? You must be a fucking genius, then. :redface:

LOL

Prerogative word "you"

Go have a long hard look in the mirror, boy. (Although you'd probably get off on that)

Now shut up and get an hdmi cable. Or continue blaming zuffa.

I don't care.

Not sure why I didn't think to add a poll when I made the thread. Poll added.

I have Fight pass cause 10 bucks is nothing, its a pack of smokes in NJ, its well worth the money for prelims, fight cards, TUF and the library.

How big is the library?

i really dont understand why people hate fight pass. i bought it as soon as is it came out and love it. i catch up on old fight, watch my favorite fights, and live fights as they happen. its like less than a dollar a day lol

I might buy it if it comes to playstation.

I'm not paying to watch shit on a computer.

Why people complain about it? Even if it's 20 a month I'm still gonna buy it
It doesn't have all the fights, but it has most of the fight
It's totally worth it unless you have got all the pirate UFC event in your harddrive

i really dont understand why people hate fight pass. i bought it as soon as is it came out and love it. i catch up on old fight, watch my favorite fights, and live fights as they happen. its like less than a dollar a day lol

I don't hate it because I've heard little to nothing about it apart from posters spouting "HURDUR DONT LIKE IT, DONT BUY IT".

I just want a little more info from a subscriber.

Can you watch recent PPV events on it? Like are 2013 and 2014 ppv events on there?

If they put ppv cards on it a week or a month after the live event, I might consider getting it.

Can you watch recent PPV events on it? Like are 2013 and 2014 ppv events on there?

If they put ppv cards on it a week or a month after the live event, I might consider getting it.

yes

Back