Fights that changed Faces

Post before and after examples of fights which forever changed faces.

I’ll start

Chris Weidman before fighting Yoel:

View attachment 785280

after Yoel:

View attachment 785282 View attachment 785281

Yoel before and after Whittaker:

View attachment 785285 View attachment 785286 View attachment 785287

Bisping before TRT Vitor

Bisping after TRT Vitor:

View attachment 785283
This one is my favorite because it's the only one I can think of who did it in a winning effort. Who sacrifices their body like this to get a victory?
HAMILL-630.jpg

20091205115009_IMG_1991.JPG

Of course Jones ducked a rematch. Who would want to rematch a killer like Matt "The Hammer" Hammil
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...srespect-dana-white-overturn-disqualification

Such a fucked up story. That cheating scumbag basically ruined this man’s career and his life.

there is a very good documentary on it floating around YouTube.
Assault in the Ring.
I found it weird when I first started watching it that it seemed to sympathize with Resto but as it went on the truth slowly came out but he knew before the fight started everything was wrong with his wraps and his gloves and still went out and by his own admission wanted to destroy Collins.

His coach Panama Lewis is a bigger pile of shit trying to play it off like it isn't his fault, he should've been investigated following the Pryor/Argüello fight

This is Billy Collins Jr, he fought Luis Resto in 1983, after the fight, it was found that Resto had removed padding from his gloves and his wraps were soaked in plaster of paris. Collins suffered a detached iris and permanent blurred vision. Resto and his corner-man Panama Lewis were convicted of assault and spent 2.5 years in jail.
collins-jr-billy.jpg
Good call, and Billy went from one of the most promising prospects to a depressed alcoholic ultimately dying less than a year after this tragic fight.

Assault in the Ring.
I found it weird when I first started watching it that it seemed to sympathize with Resto but as it went on the truth slowly came out but he knew before the fight started everything was wrong with his wraps and his gloves and still went out and by his own admission wanted to destroy Collins.

His coach Panama Lewis is a bigger pile of shit trying to play it off like it isn't his fault, he should've been investigated following the Pryor/Argüello fight
Yeah but at least Luis is extremely remorseful about it unlike Panama.

It's understandable you sympathised with him and I did too even at the end because it's clear the guy is a simpleton who just wanted to please his father figure Lewis who exploited him.

I honestly don't know if he was even capable of understanding just how dangerous what he was doing really was.

It's a shame Billy was as tough as he was and this happened at a time when a fighters corner would almost never stop a fight no matter how badly it was going as long as their guy was still able to stumble out when the bell rang or he never would have taken such a savage beating.

I guess it's also a shame Luis wasn't much of a power puncher and used all these advantages to knock Billy out early.

why are americans so stupid

there is no frankenstein, its dr. frankenstein, the monster has no name, so get it right

I bet you're fun at parties.

......and words can change meaning over time. Technically yes, it should be Frankenstein's monster, but in the parlance of modern times.......who gives a fuck, dweeb.

Last edited:
why are americans so stupid

there is no frankenstein, its dr. frankenstein, the monster has no name, so get it right
because no one wants to say "he looks like the monster from the book Frankenstein". just remember to pronounce it "Fronkonsteen"

tumblr_nuzotqQM5Z1s1v3r1o2_500.png

Back