Fights that were cancelled and never happened since.. Which cancellations disappointed you most?

Kompromat

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
As per list below. How do you think any of them would have played out looking at it retrospectively and knowing how careers of these fighters unfolded since the cancellation? Might have missed some other big ones, so any other mentions are welcome!

Khabib - Tony Ferguson

Khabib - Max Holloway

Khabib - Donald Cerrone

Conor - Rafael Dos Anjos

Khamzat - Nate Diaz

Khamzat - Leon Edwards

Masvidal - Leon Edwards

Dustin Poirier - Nate Diaz

Zabit Magomedsharipov - Yair Rodriguez

Islam - Beneil Dariush

Islam - Rafael Dos Anjos

Aldo - Cejudo

Aldo - Anthony Pettis

Whittaker - Costa

Whittaker - Rockhold

Rockhold - Weidman 2

Rockhold - Strickland

Jon Jones - Anthony Johnson

Daniel Cormier - Rashad Evans

Fedor - Josh Barnett

Brock - Junior Dos Santos

Khabib vs Tony when Tony was in his prime.

It would be ended in fireworks

Of course I'm disappointed that Ferguson went downhill before he got to fight Nurmagomedov. But I'll add one you didn't list: I was really amped for Mousasi vs. Gustafsson .

Maybe some of Ye Olde Dawgs will remember when Francisco Mir went on an eating spree to bulk up to +265 to face Lesnar in a 3rd bout because he bought into Sherdogs hype about Super Heavyweights and that normal HW would never capture the belt again? Just to get KOd by Shane Carwin and go back to his normal weight...

We even called him UberMir at that time!

I wish we would have gotten Lesnar VS UberMir 3 - The battle of the Super HWs

Conor - Aldo 2. If the first fight had happened recently, they'd almost certainly have made an immediate rematch.

Randy/fedor. Yair/zabit one I haven’t thought of until now, originally for ufc 137 the card was supposed to be GSP/Diaz, which we did end up getting, but the co main was BJ Penn vs condit that may have been interesting

Tony-Khabib disappointed me the most at the time. The hype grew after every cancellation and by the end I think it was the most excited I've been for a fight. Even now it bothers me that it didn't happen. Fucking covid.

Zabit vs Yair is the one that I'd still love to see and is the most irreplaceable - can't think of another potential pairing on the entire roster that would have so much spinning shit.

Back