Fights where the better fighter lost

Hendo/Bisping II

Some of Lombard’s losses

Adriano Martins

Izzy/Strickland

Izzy/Poatan II (Izzy was getting straight BOMBED on before he threw the haymaker that KO’d Alex)

Some of Chiesa’s wins

I don’t know how Chase Hooper hangs in there

I’ll throw you guys a curveball and I’m pretty sure this wasn’t and isn’t going to be posted:
Masvidal vs Iaquinta, UFC Fight Night 62.

Masvidal pieced ”Ragin’ Al” up the whole fight, avoiding the majority of his strikes and had perfect takedown defense as Al went 0/9 with takedown attempts.

I clearly remember Masvidal dropping him with strikes, but I can’t find a gif anymore and at least in some stats a knockdown wasn’t credited(?).

Anyway, that was a clear robbery where the more skilled fighter lost.

I have a hard time seeing Sean beat Izzy if they fought two more times. But who knows.

The better fighter lost king has to be Clay Guida. Beat a lot of people he shouldn't have, he also lost to a lot of people he shouldn't have.

Cain vs JDS Would be the biggest proven fluke in mma.

that fight is as far away from a fluke as its gets and among the most legit wins you can have. I dont think you know what you’re talking about

DDP vs any of his wins in the UFC. Especially Whittaker.

It's not a fluke if you fight how you normally do, were expected to, and lose. You're getting "caught" because your opponent is prepared for you to fight like that.

It's why Mythical Leg Kicking Aldo exists. People don't want to admit that yeah, Aldo was going to strike with Conor and yeah, Conor was going to try to counter him. It was always a favourable match up for Conor. Much easier to pretend that actually Aldo was going to show up like it was 2010 and Conor was Faber and fight completely different than he had for the last half decade than admit that yes he was going to box with Conor.

Flukes are much more when fighters show up with completely different styles and fight unusually and get caught doing so. The opponent couldn't have actually been prepared for that and so are just landing things in the moment.

I'd still call that fucking around and finding out though.

Back