PlayStation Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Gotta say Cait Sith was a blast . Once I got him he never left my main squad of Cloud ,Cait and Aerith. For Aerith Atb ward then lay down radiant ward and watch her atb meter build, hit them with ray of judgement and the enemy is either half to staggered , pressured or pretty much dead lol
Yuffie wouldve windstorm destroyed two full camps of those enemies before Aerith even got to put down her second ward:p;)

For the long-time Final Fantasy fans -

What do you think about the rumors FF9 is getting a Remake?

(Either currently in development or next in line to be after the FF7 Remake Trilogy is concluded?)

Yuffie wouldve windstorm destroyed two full camps of those enemies before Aerith even got to put down her second ward:p;)
It takes a min to get Aerith going but when she does, she nukes everything she touches.
Went mostly BM with her.

I was using Yuffie up til Shinra manor and switched her out for Cait after i finished the manor and could build off atb charges quick so I used him mostly WM

Yuffie with her Dopple than windstorm and enemy materia plasma blast or bad breath , the enemies are hit with so many aoe’s then finish anything off with double meteor lol . She’s a beast

I’d prefer a legit remake of 6. They could make a tv show off of 6 or 7 like they did with Last Of Us
Me too, really want a full FF6 remake. Hell, even the FF IV 3d style would be enough. Outside Phantasy Star IV on genesis, I didn't start playing JRPG's until the PS1 with FF7. I tried to play SNES JRPG's later, but I could never get into them. The furthest I've ever gotten in any of them was with FF VI.

Chrono Trigger deserves a remake before any other Squaresoft game

8 desperately needs a remake. I don't feel the same way about 9.

8 desperately needs a remake.

FF8 was the 1st RPG I ever played, and it was an absolute nightmare.

3rd time attempting to beat it I got to the final boss, and tried to beat her with GFs & invincibility spells. 4 hours later I ran out of invincibility spells and died.

4th time attempting to beat it I looked up a guide to get the Lionheart....

Don't know how high Skill Up's stock is, but for those who are interested in checking out a 55 minute review...

Don't know how high Skill Up's stock is, but for those who are interested in checking out a 55 minute review...

Not even a review, just rambles about the game while showing important story moments. Thankfully I played the parts that he spoiled and then quickly turned it off when I realized he was going to spoil stuff from the second half.

Last edited:
Played as Yuffie for the first time two days ago. She seems broken, made her section of the game super easy. I think I'm going to avoid using her since I haven't had much trouble in this game. Maybe on hard she's worth it but I want to have some challenge at least on my first playthrough.

For the long-time Final Fantasy fans -

What do you think about the rumors FF9 is getting a Remake?

(Either currently in development or next in line to be after the FF7 Remake Trilogy is concluded?)

Supposedly its getting a cartoon adaptation too. Also there's been rumors of X getting a remake too.

Me too, really want a full FF6 remake. Hell, even the FF IV 3d style would be enough. Outside Phantasy Star IV on genesis, I didn't start playing JRPG's until the PS1 with FF7. I tried to play SNES JRPG's later, but I could never get into them. The furthest I've ever gotten in any of them was with FF VI.
FF6 and Breath Of Fire 2 were my intros to jrpgs and they started my passion into something other than Doom or Doom2 lol. I really loved the SNES system . So many great games .

I’ve never played Phantasy Star. I was always fantasy over sci-fi
I get where you're coming from, but it seems there's been enough hints/rumors of a FF9 remake.

I’ll check this out but don’t know if I’d drop the same amount of money on 9 as I’m dropping on 7.

Finally got the Silver Collar from Run Wild ranking in 1st place. That game was kind of annoying. I think I'll be going to Golden Saucer, doesn't seem like there's much to do at this point other than the squat game but I'm not even going to do that. It's going to be the first thing I skip in this game at 30 hours in. It's just too frustrating and worst of all not very fun. I can honestly say I liked most mini-games so far but this one is even harder than the pull ups from Remake

Having never played any of the FFVII spin offs....it feels to me like Zack got the Boba Fett treatment. By that I mean his role, while significant, was pretty small and he went out like a chump in the original.

It takes a min to get Aerith going but when she does, she nukes everything she touches.
Went mostly BM with her.

I was using Yuffie up til Shinra manor and switched her out for Cait after i finished the manor and could build off atb charges quick so I used him mostly WM

Yuffie with her Dopple than windstorm and enemy materia plasma blast or bad breath , the enemies are hit with so many aoe’s then finish anything off with double meteor lol . She’s a beast
I’ve completely dismissed Yuffie. Perhaps that was a mistake lol.

It was

Far and beyond the best party member to have imo, always has elemental dmg for pressure option when ur facing a tough enemy and makes fights against large quantities of enemies a breeze (no pun intended) with an AOE crowd control damage ability (Windstorm)

She’s always been S tier character, I just wanted to do something different.
Barret , Tifa I benched as soon as I got Cait Sith and Yuffie . Once I configured Cait to what I needed and Aerith to pressure and high magic I knew my main team.

I’ve now been using Red, Aerith and Cloud. But now I’m thinking of switching Red for Barret. I’ve made Barret into an unstoppable white mage tank

I just beat the 1st Remake. It was good, but it gave me strong Hobbit vibes. It was short and like 40% could've/should've been cut since it was just filler. This remake series should've been 2 games tops. Guess I'll have to wait for the 2nd to come to PC to play it though.

Last edited:
Back