Final Fantasy Appreciation/General Discussion Thread

HereticBD

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
All things Final Fantasy. Whatever you got, post it here.

I've been playing the FFX HD remake the last couple of days, and this one part in the game gave me a chuckle. The Blitzball tournament begins. Your team is apparently the worst Blitzball team ever. Haven't won a single game in their entire history. Not one game. Ever.

So, the tournament begins and it comes to light that your opponents have kidnapped one of your party members. They threaten to hurt her, unless your team throws the game. You end up having to rescue her, before the game ends.

Now I ask, was this really necessary? You kidnap someone to blackmail the absolute worst team in existence to lose the game? That's like the GS Warriors kidnapping the Clippers team president, and demanding them to let Curry and the boys scorch them.

Anyways, you guys have any stories, memories, news?

Big fan of FF6/7/8. 10 was pretty good. Couldn't get into FF12, and thought FF13 was generic and didn't live up to the Final Fantasy franchise.

Looking forward to FF15, given that it's being made by Tetsuya Nomura.

FF7 was my favorite RPG until I played Xenogears.

Just finished ff6 on Steam. I had planned on getting 100% achievements but it was a but ridiculous getting Gau's rages. Also felt like I had to grind too much for that Dragon Den place

Favorite game series for me, but they lost me a little in FFXIII. Never even bothered with the XIII-2/3. Loved XII, and hope to get an HD Remaster soon. I played it at a time where I had given up Everquest for good since I moved to a house with no option for high speed internet so I had to give up the MMO. I loved the MMO feel they had XII and looking forward to another play through, even though I remember nothing about the story.

FFVII is hands down my favorite in the series and replay it every couple of years. Can't wait to play the remake, even if they are building up from the ground up and changing the combat system.

Also I can't wait for FF IX on Steam. Hopefully they bring X also

I was watching someone play 7 on Twitch recently and the look on her face after an "Aw...it's so cute!" Tonberry wiped her party out in a few seconds was priceless.

final_fantasy_kitchen_knives_1-620x442.jpg

http://technabob.com/blog/2015/02/03/super-fan-builds-final-fantasy-kitchen-knives/

I was watching someone play 7 on Twitch recently and the look on her face after an "Aw...it's so cute!" Tonberry wiped her party out in a few seconds was priceless.

Are they those little fucks near the end of the game? They take like 1 damage or something, when you're hitting them with level 60 attacks. I'm assuming there's a trick to beating them, but I always ran away like a pussy.

On another note, FFXII is vastly underrated. Probably the best FF in terms of the sheer amount of gameplay it offers. Story wasn't so hot, but the combat was awesome as long as you didn't break the game with the auto attacks.

Yeah they wobble up and poke your character with a knife that causes 9999 damage.

latest

I have played almost all of them, and I adored each one up until X-2.

Ultros was awesome.

Did anyone else hate the absolute shit out of the final boss in FFIX?

You play the game to the end, defeat Kuja, and think "What a game. Time for the last cut-scene", and then nope. Time to face random Mr. Fuck You. Seriously, what a chore this piece of shit final boss was. He was cheap as hell, and if I remember correctly, if you fail against him, you have to go back and face Kuja again. Fucking bullshit. That final boss sequence really hurt the game overall. In FFVII, I didn't mind getting my ass handed to me by Sephiroth. At least it was Sephiroth, and not some random monster he shat out of his ass when he died.

I never really had a problem beating the final boss. And I'll admit I'm not even good at those games. But I did think "Ok...where the fuck did this guy even come from, who is he?" Not like Kuja was that great. Basically a tranny dude walking around. It's just Japanese people being Japanese. They love their random over the top boss's and cracks in walls. What can you do? Same thing happened in 7 when the end guy you've been battling the whole time turned into some angle wing thing.

The only thing cheap in ff9 were those little horned creatures on I think only one little island that could beat you by blowing your teammates away from the battle. It's cheap as hell to just blow everyone off the field lol

I never really had a problem beating the final boss. And I'll admit I'm not even good at those games.

Yeah, it's possible for him not to be incredibly cheap and spammy. When I did eventually beat him, it was shockingly easy, compared to my previous attempts. He only had one really cheap attack, but if he spams it, it's infuriating. At least for me it was. Other than the guy at the end of the Temple Of Ancients in FFVII, he's my most hated boss.

FF7 and FFT GOAT

Also I'm surprised they haven't made another FFT (not the handheld sequels) or made some Snes style RPGs and sold them in the console/steam store

I cried at the end of FFX. It was the gayest moment of my life.

Did anyone else hate the absolute shit out of the final boss in FFIX?

You play the game to the end, defeat Kuja, and think "What a game. Time for the last cut-scene", and then nope. Time to face random Mr. Fuck You. Seriously, what a chore this piece of shit final boss was. He was cheap as hell, and if I remember correctly, if you fail against him, you have to go back and face Kuja again. Fucking bullshit. That final boss sequence really hurt the game overall. In FFVII, I didn't mind getting my ass handed to me by Sephiroth. At least it was Sephiroth, and not some random monster he shat out of his ass when he died.
I AM NECRON!

I agree, it was bullshit. I never beat the final bosses of 8 or 9 cuz it was was just too much. I think there were like four iterations of Ultemicia that you had to defeat in a row. I watched the endings on the internet many years later.

Fuck that guy too. Always dreaded running into him in FF6(3). The game treated him like a light-hearted joke, but he could fuck you up if you weren't prepared. He always seemed to come at the moment you thought you were safe.
Ultros was a cakewalk, it was Chupon you had to worry about. dat sneeze

Last edited:
I lost interest in 8 somewhere on disc 3. Just a huge disappointment back when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back