Finally Ready to Take the Plunge: Gaming Chair Thread

My Secretlab chair is still going strong AF. I usually switch chairs by now, but it just holds up amazingly well and just "gets me". I do have an armrest that is chipping, but the chair feels the same since day 1. Only thing I have done to it is I bought rubber roller blade wheels to replace factory wheels for less wear and tear on my hardwood floor.

My third kid is becoming of age to get his own PC built for him soon enough, and when that happens in about 2-ish years, I may upgrade to a Herman Miller Aeron... MAYBE.... Some of the themed chairs that Secretlab make are beautiful though and I have had my eye on a Harry Potter one... so we shall see :)
Herman Miller is marketing some of their most popular designs as "Gaming Chairs" now for dudes who want to spend as much on their chair as one would on an RTX 4090:
https://store.hermanmiller.com/gaming-chairs?lang=en_US

There is an Aeron Gaming model. There are fewer customization options than for the office version, but it looks like it's pretty much just the fully upgraded version. With the seat adjusted to its greatest height, the height maximizes at 45 3/8" for either chair. That's from the floor. So, frankly, the rebranding comes off as a gimmick to me. Still an office chair. Designed for sitting upright or forward. Not sufficient for reclining or head support. Sure, some guys prefer office chairs for their gaming setups, but to me, that defines the general difference between office and leisure/gaming chairs. In contrast, the Secretlab Titan XL is 35" tall just from the seat.

Max Possible Heights
Aeron, C/High = 22.6" (57 cm) Chair Back; 45.4" (115 cm) Total from Floor
Titan XL 2020 = 33.5" (85 cm) Chair Back; 56.3" (143 cm) Total from Floor

Aeron image below technically inaccurate; true detailed dimensions here
aeron-chair-bill-stumpf-don-chadwick-herman-miller-16.jpg

vs.

resources_titanxl_2020.jpg

Secrect lab is beyond over hyped and you can thank douche streamers for that

That was their marketing strategy. Nearly all gaming peripheral companies do this.

Only person i think who was vocal about it was Summit1g years ago. Secret Lab sent him one for free and he said it was the most uncomfortable chair he ever sat in. At least these 'gaming chair companies' did away with designing them to mimic racing seats. Instead focusing on comfort as of late.

i like main gear that chair was the best thing i bought. its not to "gaming" but it was cool

<TrumpWrong1>
That was their marketing strategy. Nearly all gaming peripheral companies do this.

Only person i think who was vocal about it was Summit1g years ago. Secret Lab sent him one for free and he said it was the most uncomfortable chair he ever sat in. At least these 'gaming chair companies' did away with designing them to mimic racing seats. Instead focusing on comfort as of late.
LOL, holy irony. Yeah, that wouldn't have anything to do with the fact he had a contract with a direct competitor who, btw, manufactures an identical "gaming chair" style (cold-pressed memory foam seats, steel gas cylinder, spring-tilted high vertical chair back, etc). It was Noblechair at the time. He previously had a deal with Maxnomic.

Oh, and btw, guess what chair Summit sits in 12 hours a day presently? It's a custom SecretLab Titan! Branded with the same "Summit1g" they made special for him as Noblechair did previously.
https://www.setup.gg/player/summit1g/
https://www.streamscheme.com/summit1gs-setup-and-streaming-gear/

Higher-end office chairs are ideal for gaming. The NeueChair I’d bought earlier this year (around 750€ with headrest) is proving the best chair I’ve ever had but unfortunately not great for hours-long sessions; bit unforgiving in its posture correction, that.

Anyone game from a comfy lounge chair or recliner?

The ones I look at range from 4-11.000€ and are something I mull over from time to time. I play with notepad and pen for note-taking (game depending) so my reservation there is writing in a reclined position sounding crap.

LOL, holy irony. Yeah, that wouldn't have anything to do with the fact he had a contract with a direct competitor who, btw, manufactures an identical "gaming chair" style (cold-pressed memory foam seats, steel gas cylinder, spring-tilted high vertical chair back, etc). It was Noblechair at the time. He previously had a deal with Maxnomic.

Oh, and btw, guess what chair Summit sits in 12 hours a day presently? It's a custom SecretLab Titan! Branded with the same "Summit1g" they made special for him as Noblechair did previously.
Yeah, that’s a handsome one too, blacked out with gold stylisation. Very nice.

icegif-1061.gif

Higher-end office chairs are ideal for gaming. The NeueChair I’d bought earlier this year (around 750€ with headrest) is proving the best chair I’ve ever had but unfortunately not great for hours-long sessions; bit unforgiving in its posture correction, that.

Anyone game from a comfy lounge chair or recliner?

The ones I look at range from 4-11.000€ and are something I mull over from time to time. I play with notepad and pen for note-taking (game depending) so my reservation there is writing in a reclined position sounding crap.
NeueChair rang a bell cos because I remember coming across that name before and sure enough, SecretLab Australia is the official distributor for NeueChari in Australia <mma4>

https://secretlabchairs.com.au/collections/neue

I have a Titan Evo 2022 model myself (SoftWeave version, black) and love this chair, I upgraded from the 2018 model (which was the cookies and cream grey colour), mostly wanted a new black chair lol. Had an issue with the piston and multi-tilt mechanism (kept making an annoying sqeaking noise, no amount of greasing or WD40 lubricant would help) and they send me full replacement parts for the bottom portion (I couldn't get the piston off no matter how hard I tried). I'm really happy with the warranty experience, new parts arrived 2 days after shipping.

I spent a couple months researching a good chair to game/work on at home a couple of years ago during the pandemic.

I had my eye on Secretlab because it was always hanging around the top suggested list behind the really expensive Herman Miller-tier chairs. They have some great designs too.

I sat in a worked-in Titan for a couple of hours or so at a friends place. I was looking for wider seat like that, as I like to cross my legs when I'm just surfing the web, or playing games with a controller. That was one of the most uncomfortable chairs I ever sat in, I can only imagine longer durations.

I was so paranoid after that I refused to buy anything online unless I could actually test it out first. I must have sat in 30 different chairs at numerous stores.

I bought Akracing's max chair. It's meant for larger people, but you can adjust the width of the armrests upon installation (not just with their "4D" adjustments), to fit smaller framed people like me.

Because the cushion is meant for heavy people, it's extra comfortable for a lighter than advertised customer, while still being firm. I've reclined and slept in this thing for hours without a hint of discomfort.

This is the exact model I own. I got it on sale for about $399 Cdn (I think), so if anyone's interested, keep an eye on a sale. It's usually around the $600 mark Cdn. I got it from Staples.
51hO8uqoLvL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I spent a couple months researching a good chair to game/work on at home a couple of years ago during the pandemic.

I had my eye on Secretlab because it was always hanging around the top suggested list behind the really expensive Herman Miller-tier chairs. They have some great designs too.

I sat in a worked-in Titan for a couple of hours or so at a friends place. I was looking for wider seat like that, as I like to cross my legs when I'm just surfing the web, or playing games with a controller. That was one of the most uncomfortable chairs I ever sat in, I can only imagine longer durations.

I was so paranoid after that I refused to buy anything online unless I could actually test it out first. I must have sat in 30 different chairs at numerous stores.

I bought Akracing's max chair. It's meant for larger people, but you can adjust the width of the armrests upon installation (not just with their "4D" adjustments), to fit smaller framed people like me.

Because the cushion is meant for heavy people, it's extra comfortable for a lighter than advertised customer, while still being firm. I've reclined and slept in this thing for hours without a hint of discomfort.

This is the exact model I own. I got it on sale for about $399 Cdn (I think), so if anyone's interested, keep an eye on a sale. It's usually around the $600 mark Cdn. I got it from Staples.
51hO8uqoLvL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I just wanted a cheap chair with armrests and a headrest with a half decent recline.

So I just got an Amazon Basics gaming chair for £100 and it's been going strong over two years now.

61nUGBNe6qL.jpg

Then I got my girlfriend this for her desk.

71RMrKMWg+L.jpg

<TrumpWrong1>

Homey they're not that good, id rather have maingear.

i do actually have a noble chair, and i actually hate it.

Homey they're not that good, id rather have maingear.

i do actually have a noble chair, and i actually hate it.
Bro, it's all the same shit. There is no appreciable difference between them in terms of engineering, design, or materials except that Maingear uses less reinforced metal/steel in the chair's frame (why it's so much lighter). That's it.

If you want something that is meaningfully different you have to look at those office chairs.

Last edited:
LOL, holy irony.

Let me clarify that this was years ago. Sometime around 2017.

While he trashed their chair he immediately afterwards praised their latest chair(which was designed for comfort). For he tried/used it at a recent Dreamhack event.

Secretlab EU has a sale ongoing for their TITAN Evo Lite product line – starting price is a very nice 459€.

Not 100 about Secretlab US but the US distribution has really good rebates, often.

Evo Lite colors available include black and a dark-weave grey with stitching options blood-red, baby-blue, or cookies-and-cream.

Reviews here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back