Elections Finally something we can all agree on

DoctorTaco

Breadhead
@Gold
Reaction score

member of the Missouri Senate has proposed a rule change that, if passed, would allow senators to challenge each other to a duel.

Senator Nick Schroer put a motion to the state's Senate to adopt a rule change allowing state politicians to settle grievances through physicality.

His proposed amendment was posted on X, formerly Twitter, by Missouri Senate Democrats. It read: "If a senator's honor is impugned by another senator to the point that it is beyond repair and in order for the offended senator to gain satisfaction, such senator may rectify the perceived insult to the senator's honor by challenging the offending senator to a duel.

"The trusted representative, known as the second, of the offended senator shall send a written challenge to the offending senator. The two senators shall agree to the terms of the duel, including choice of weapons, which shall be witnessed and enforced by their respective seconds. The duel shall take place in the well of the senate at the hour of high noon on the date agreed to by the parties to the duel."

Jamey Murphy, Schroer's chief of staff, told Newsweek: "Senator Schroer is deeply committed to restoring a sense of honor in the Missouri Senate. While the idea of a duel may have been suggested in a metaphorical sense, the core message is about fostering respect and reminding members that the words used in a debate may have real consequences.

"It is evident to new members of the Senate that the success of priority legislation is currently dependent on personalities, and old wounds are preventing important language from becoming law. Until personal disputes find resolution and true leaders step forward to be the first to put aside personal feelings for the betterment of Missouri, we will continue to suggest ways to find a resolution."

The move comes amid tensions within the state Senate. On Tuesday Caleb Rowden, the leader of the Missouri Senate, removed several members of the Missouri Freedom Caucus, formerly known as the Conservative Caucus, from chairmanships of committees as the Republican faction continue to clash with leadership.

The caucus last week filibustered for over eight hours to hold up the approval of 25 appointments by Governor Mike Parson as they believed the Senate was moving too slowly on asking voters to make it harder to amend Missouri's constitution.

Schroer is a member of the caucus, which includes six senators and at least four representatives, but did not lose a committee seat.

The group also wants to make cuts to the state budget and changes to education funding including a tax-credit program to pay for private school scholarships

In a statement, Rowden called the state's legislative session "an embarrassment."

He said: "The beginning of the 2024 legislative session in the Senate has been nothing short of an embarrassment. A chamber designed to be occupied with civil, principled statesmen and women has been overtaken by a small group of self-interested career politicians, who all too often, remind me more of my children than my colleagues."

Sen. Jason Bean, a Holcomb Republican and the assistant majority leader, told reporters that the Freedom Caucus had not "followed the tradition of respect and integrity."

"They have used the floor of the Senate for their own personal interest, make political speeches and obstructed the process in which legislation and issues are debated and passed," he said.

However earlier this month, Schroer told The Kansas City Star he disagreed with accusations of authoritarianism within the Republican party.

"The Republican party has been and always will be concentrating on finding ways to bridge the gap and find solutions with all interested parties negotiating in good faith," he said. "The same goes for the Freedom Caucus."

Brothers and sisters, soy suckin gender bending liberal cuckboys and backwards ass conservative “I’m not racist, but” hate mongers- rejoice! We finally have common ground in this rift torn political arena. Politicians should be able to fist fight live on CSPAN when they feel their honor has been impugned.

Left, right and center let’em bang!

Brothers and sisters, soy suckin gender bending liberal cuckboys and backwards ass conservative “I’m not racist, but” hate mongers- rejoice! We finally have common ground in this rift torn political arena. Politicians should be able to fist fight live on CSPAN when they feel their honor has been impugned.

This is what it's gonna look like

tyson-jones.gif

<{JustBleed}>

Andrew Jackson approves. :)

I'm for this 100%

I'm conservative, but we do have a lot of fake tough guys. It would be hilarious if they got a reality check and realized that working out is essential if you're going to be authentic

Go big or go home: the public votes for their favoured candidates, but the actual Presidency is decided at a special UFC event. Can you imagine Biden and Trump in the Cage?

"CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!" <45> <Lmaoo>

Old Hickory is a favorite of mine. He may have been insane, but any president that beats an attacker with his cane is solid in my book!

They had to haul Jackson off the stupid bastard before he beat the man to death. That must be the only time in US history where the assassin had to saved from the President! <Lmaoo>

I’d be all for it, but liberal men will just identify as a “woman” and beat the shit out of conservative actual women.

Funniest part is that the duels are to be at Noon on the Senate floor.

Those poor janitors.

this is how legislation should be passed, filibusters get ended, and how election winners should be decided. this shit could probably sell pay per views. we would finally have a reason to order fight pass!

I’d only be into it if they wear Reebok gear

considering most every liberal couldn't locate a safety, that should go well

Back