Finishing off the UFC 300 Card.

UFC 300 is set for April 13th, just 12 weeks from now. Look out Dricus' face – he's clearly not ready to dive into another training camp, and he shouldn't have to either, especially after a tough five-round fight . The UFC was holding off on deciding the main event for UFC 300 until this fight was over, and my bet is on Edwards vs Belal being the headline fight.

How long do you think those cuts are bruises are going to stay on his face for lol?

UFC has had people return in less time from that after getting brutally knocked out

If DDP doesn't wanna fight on UFC 300 they should strip him/make interim belt and have Strickland vs Chimmy for the strap

I think the company's position for some time now was to have Dricus fight Izzy in South Africa.

Think they want to purchase the EFC and rebrand to UFC Africa

That seems like a better long term / bigger move than using them to fill 300.

UFC 300 is set for April 13th, just 12 weeks from now. Look out Dricus' face – he's clearly not ready to dive into another training camp, and he shouldn't have to either, especially after a tough five-round fight . The UFC was holding off on deciding the main event for UFC 300 until this fight was over, and my bet is on Edwards vs Belal being the headline fight.
Yea, not ready now but in 4 weeks he can surly start a 7-8 week camp, especially with a career payday of possibly a few million buck waiting at the finish line. It has to be Izzy/DDP and should be (too much promo already built in). The card is and will be crazy stacked. There just isn't a ton of true stars right now so names don't stand out like GSP, Brock & Jones did. Guys killing me crying about Connor. He sucks now so who cares? Bottom line is even the prelim card will have 5 fights that would main a traveling FN. Not to mention 2 or 3 prelims that could co-man a ton of the ppvs they throw together these days.

Aside from a main event, I'd like to see Lopes/Caceres & Landwher/Swanson added to the early prelims. They'll likely add another WMMA fight since there's only 1 currently. Andrade vs Marina?

Izzy vs DDP (main)
Leon vs Belal (co-main)
Zhang vs Yan
Gaethje vs Max
Strickland vs Chimeav (if Chimeavs visa issue is sorted out, if not then maybe Gane vs Palovich or Charles/Armen moved up from the prelims)

Charles vs Armen
Jiri vs Rakic
Matt Brown vs Nick Diaz (Nick is the return Ariel keeps referring to imo)
Kattar vs Aljo

Kape vs KKF
Miller vs Green
Giga vs Emmett
Bo vs Brundage
Nick crossed my mind as the rabbit as well. Brown would make perfect sense given his reputation but also his age. Winnable for both.

Doubt they use Leon/Belal though unless it's an absolute last resort. It adds no buys & only adds millions to the already expensive card. Still need title fights for May(301) & June(302 & 303)

Just saw something about Lopes vs Yussuf being added to ufc 300. Dunno how true it is though, doesn’t really seem to be a UFC 300 level fight and there aren’t many spots left.

302 June 1st is rumored to be in Newark NJ.

According to the resolution, the money will be provided because Devils Arena Entertainment “recently made a request to the NJSEA for funds to help secure an upcoming UFC mixed martial arts pay-per-view event, currently scheduled for June 1, 2024.”

Taxpayer money appropriated to the NJSEA in the fiscal year 2024 state budget for “International Events, Improvements and Attraction” will be used to meet this request.
That's interesting given they're going to NJ on March 30th. 2 UFC trips in 60 days is abnormal even for Vegas. Congrats to the northeast though I'm jealous.

That being the case they'll probably make 304 (July 20th/27th) in the UK. Save Tom & Leon for then unless they absolutely need 1 of them for 300.

Just saw something about Lopes vs Yussuf being added to ufc 300. Dunno how true it is though, doesn’t really seem to be a UFC 300 level fight and there aren’t many spots left.
Lopes definitely ufc 300 worthy, on the early prelims.

One of the bright young burgeoning stars at 145. Felt like Caceres was a more worthy foe though given his UFC tenure & relative popularity amongst the hardcores.

MAIN EVENT: Izzy vs. Pereira V
Zhang Weili vs. Xiaonan
Gaethje vs. Max
Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Rakic vs. Jiri Prockazka

Paulo Costa vs. Khamzat Chimaev
Yair vs. Ortega II
Kattar vs. Sterling

Miller vs. Green
Garbrandt vs. Figueiredo
Bo Nickal vs. Brundage

BOOK IT DANA LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

Yea, not ready now but in 4 weeks he can surly start a 7-8 week camp, especially with a career payday of possibly a few million buck waiting at the finish line. It has to be Izzy/DDP and should be (too much promo already built in). The card is and will be crazy stacked. There just isn't a ton of true stars right now so names don't stand out like GSP, Brock & Jones did. Guys killing me crying about Connor. He sucks now so who cares? Bottom line is even the prelim card will have 5 fights that would main a traveling FN. Not to mention 2 or 3 prelims that could co-man a ton of the ppvs they throw together these days.
I feel like you're giving too much weight to the number 300. Having Edwards vs Belal headline won't spoil this incredible fight card at all. Take a look at the lineup; we've already got 7 champs and ex-champs on board. Throw in Khamzat vs Cannonier or Strickland, Colby vs Thompson, and Paddy vs Hooker, and we're all set.

Aside from a main event, I'd like to see Lopes/Caceres & Landwher/Swanson added to the early prelims. They'll likely add another WMMA fight since there's only 1 currently. Andrade vs Marina?

Nick crossed my mind as the rabbit as well. Brown would make perfect sense given his reputation but also his age. Winnable for both.

Doubt they use Leon/Belal though unless it's an absolute last resort. It adds no buys & only adds millions to the already expensive card. Still need title fights for May(301) & June(302 & 303)

Yeah Ariel says it’s “6-7 level of excitement” + not brock, Ronda or Conor

Based off nicks last performance a 6 or 7 makes sense

Or maybe zabit

How long do you think those cuts are bruises are going to stay on his face for lol?

UFC has had people return in less time from that after getting brutally knocked out
Ever been in a fight yourself,? Don't just go by the visible damage; there's a lot that goes unnoticed. DDP prepping in a short training camp for a fight against one of the best to ever step into the octagon isn't ideal for him. Not saying he can't pull it off, but it's not really to his benefit.

BMF would headline over Edwards vs Belal

old keto GSP vs carb Khabib should be the main event.

In all seriousness if either Strickland or duplesis are anywhere near the 300 card I’ll probably just watch on torrent later

I'm starting to strongly believe the reason for the delay in announcements is they aren't able to produce big name fighters on this card and fighters like Brock, Khabib, GSP, Jones and Connor all are not materializing for this card.

At this point they can make a regular decent PPV card with the fighters they have, but no banger like I think Dana was originally anticipating

Yeah that's wild. I feel like a lot of people will hate it.

What's there to hate about watching a 43-year-old woman giving you both eye and ear cancer with her air punching and ki-yas?

Nothing says 'biggest card of all time' like dragging her out of a nursing home to fight someone who has been busy fighting and losing to lunch ladies in the minor leagues.

What's there to hate about watching a 43-year-old woman giving you both eye and ear cancer with her air punching and ki-yas?

Nothing says 'biggest card of all time' like dragging her out of a nursing home to fight someone who has been busy fighting and losing to lunch ladies in the minor leagues.
NGL I kinda hate it. Signing Harrison is cool and all but beating Holm tells me very little. I'll watch, I guess.

Back