First JDS/Velasquez fight: A fluke?

Han Solo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After what we saw tonight, do you think/consider the first JDS/Velasquez was a fluke?

JDS fan here.

Last edited:
image.php

How can it be a fluke when JDS clipped Cain again in the 3rd fight?

Not at all.

JDS almost finished in the first 10 seconds of this fight. If Cain had dropped, would you be asking if the 2nd fight wa a fluke for Cain?

That's how JDS wins, by landing that bomb. Those bombs arnt 'flukes'.

Anyways. WAR CAIN. I'm so stoked.

No. Cain hesitated in the first fight and didn't close the distance. If he fought like he did in the first fight, he would lose. He adopted a gameplan that would prevent JDS from landing too many bombs and has done a good job of carrying it out.

I think JDS almost came close to KOing him again in the early exchange, up until Cain went to safety mode and decided to wall his way to victory.

I think JDS almost came close to KOing him again in the early exchange, up until Cain went to safety mode and decided to wall his way to victory.

Wall his way to victory dropping him with punches. You

No it was not a fluke and tonight cain showed hes the better fighter and the best hw in ufc history

JDS is a brutal KO guy, nothing fluke there, just he got off before Cain could get into his game. Not to mention Cain's ring rust playing some part in him being a bit flat footed and less aggressive in that fight. JDS has the potential to KO Cain in any fight they have, but it's clear now he's going to need to round out his game and plug some holes before he'll get a shot off on him like that again. I chalk it up more to Cain improving and learning from the loss than JDS getting lucky the first time.

Nope, punching a guy in the head and KOing him isn't a fluke, it's what JDS was trying to do. Guys lose and they go back and change their gameplans.

If JDS lands hid bombs he has the potential to KO Cain in any fight. On that note its disrespectful to both fighters to even hint that one of their fights was a fluke.

Yeah. It was a fluke. Hit any HW behind the ear and they will go down...

No, I wouldn't go that far. JDS hit Cain in this fight, too. He just didn't hit him quite hard enough. Cain managed to grapple him, taking just enough of the edge off of his power to be able to absorb the shots he did. JDS still hurt Cain a few times but Cain has sick recovery. Cain probably wins 6-8 out of 10 fights between them at the moment.

No fluke about it, but it was the impetus that Cain needed to go above and beyond the plateau he needed to beat JDS, while JDS never surpassed that. His cardio hasn't improved, it may have even gotten worse, and he's not that fast in comparison to him. The Cain that came in for the 2nd and 3rd fights was worlds better than the first. The third fight was too soon after the second and JDS had no time to improve, he just stood still.

Not a fluke. JDS saw the opening and capitalized, as a fighter is trained to do, plain and simple.

Cain fought very differently in the 2nd and 3rd fights than in the 1st, while JDS fought more or less the same in all three, so that's why Cain won. He had a poor plan for the first fight and he got caught. You can't get caught by JDS cause 9 times out of 10, you'll end up unconscious. Cain was more aggressive in the 2nd and 3rd fights because it kept JDS off balance and kept him retreating. He shot for takedown after takedown and landed a fraction of them, but the act of shooting the takedown and keeping JDS against the cage allowed him to gradually wear JDS down and land his own punches when they separated. It also made JDS far less effective offensively.

Cain adapted to beat JDS, but JDS did not adapt to beat Cain. He used a very similar gameplan to the 2nd fight in tonight's fight and it failed once again.

Back