Fitness New Year's resolutions?

Coan phillipi is what I'm doing now.

Been stuck at 410lbs dead lift for some time.

Trying to get it to 420 - 425.

Lose 20 pounds by March, stop being such a lazy drunk turd all the time

Get my bench up to 300lbs
Lean down
Run at least one half marathon and a few 5K/10k's
Increase cardio
Workout (cardio) first thing in the morning

Im rooting for you.

It's really that simple for me at this point. I'm out of shape. I've only averaged 1 to 2 sessions per week over the past year.

I just need to tell myself "your fucking doing something 4 times this week."

It's really that simple for me at this point. I'm out of shape. I've only averaged 1 to 2 sessions per week over the past year.

I just need to tell myself "your fucking doing something 4 times this week."

Yeah, its just not that easy dude. I was going hard at kickboxing, then I relapsed and now i barely go to the gym. Last time i went, i hit the bag for four rounds, got my shit and dipped.

I work out about 5 days a week so I always find it kind of funny to see all these people with their new years resolution. I think it's great they want to get into shape, but if you really wanted to be in shape you'd work out now not at some set time

So how many of you pitiful slobs have given up already? :icon_lol:

At the beginning of each year I always a list of things I want to accomplish and I write them down, it's not so much a resolution as it is that I'm so forgetful. This year it was Yellowstone Marathon, backpack the Tetons, find a new MMA gym and compete, get promoted again before 2016

All I've been doing for 2 years is weights. I started jogging on Friday (for the first time in years) and I am sore as hell and my ankles hurt. Not sure if it's my shoes or my lack of conditioning.

I'm kind of torn - a part of me wants to downsize to a more acceptable walking weight and maybe try and enter a physique show. A good friend of mine just got his IFBB pro card in the physique division, so it kind of piqued my interest.

Another part of me wants to say fuck it and see if I can bulk to 300lbs and make a serious run in bodybuilding. I weighed as much as 293 in August, but I felt awful. I am about 281 right now and have managed to stay fairly lean (enough to see my abdominal wall and serratus outline at least), so I think 300lbs is doable if I clean bulk.

Then there is the pragmatic/practical side of me who says "Your 30 and will never a pro bodybuilder, why don't you focus on your health and stop being so stupid".

I switch back and forth between the three multiple times per day.

I'm kind of torn - a part of me wants to downsize to a more acceptable walking weight and maybe try and enter a physique show. A good friend of mine just got his IFBB pro card in the physique division, so it kind of piqued my interest.

Another part of me wants to say fuck it and see if I can bulk to 300lbs and make a serious run in bodybuilding. I weighed as much as 293 in August, but I felt awful. I am about 281 right now and have managed to stay fairly lean (enough to see my abdominal wall and serratus outline at least), so I think 300lbs is doable if I clean bulk.

Then there is the pragmatic/practical side of me who says "Your 30 and will never a pro bodybuilder, why don't you focus on your health and stop being so stupid".

I switch back and forth between the three multiple times per day.

Focus on your passion. Fuck your practical side. What do you have to lose?

Also, I didn't know you were so big. How tall are you?

Also, the New Year's crowd this morning consisted of a bunch of hot girls, so I'm ok with it (for now)

i bulked for too long

i gotta get back down to 205 ...i feel too slow at 240 with a gut (cardio sucks lol)

Back