Flash_Monsta's Street Justice Pub

Interesting, and im not going to sit here and pretend i know Anything about it. I've never been interested in politics.
Im voting to leave, because of the immigration and refugee crisis in Europe. Visiting Paris and watching Syrians begging people for money when waiting at traffic lights in their cars was pretty bad. I don't want to see that here.

Everyone who I've asked have all said leave.

Interesting, and im not going to sit here and pretend i know Anything about it. I've never been interested in politics.
Im voting to leave, because of the immigration and refugee crisis in Europe. Visiting Paris and watching Syrians begging people for money when waiting at traffic lights in their cars was pretty bad. I don't want to see that here.

Everyone who I've asked have all said leave.

I'm 100% either you on that one. I don't want to see the USA get flooded with 3rd world Muslim "refugees" either. Islam is nothing but trouble everywhere they go and I'm not really down to give up my freedoms and safety in the name of tolerance for a group that dosent know the meaning of tolerance.

I'm 100% either you on that one. I don't want to see the USA get flooded with 3rd world Muslim "refugees" either. Islam is nothing but trouble everywhere they go and I'm not really down to give up my freedoms and safety in the name of tolerance for a group that dosent know the meaning of tolerance.

Lol fair enough, i personally have nothing against Muslims and wont judge a whole religion because of the minority. Especially considering all the fucked up history whites and Christians have. Muslims are fine, its the refugee crisis that concerns me. And yeah, having said that i am worried that if we let some in there's a risk a terrorist will come through.

On the topic of economists, Paul Mason isn't an economist, he's a journalist. Richard Murphy is an economist, but his view seems to be that the economic impact wouldn't be that much because we would renegotiate a deal ilke the one the European Free Trade area, whereby we agree to all of the regulations of the EU anyway, including free movement, in order to get access to the free market. But not being represented in the EC or the European Parliament. If you are concerned about Sovereignty, that's even worse. That's the equivalent of being Puerto Rico- governed by US law but not having senate on Congressional representation.

On the topic of "getting back what we put in" that arguably not the case, or doesn't matter. The contribution to Europe is 340 euros per household per year. The estimated economic benefit of access to the single market is about 3,000 pounds per year. Thus, in technical terms, we make fucking bank by being the in the EU.

To be blunt, it's fairly cut-and-dried. On the economic and financial side, being in the EU is a big win. Leaving will almost certainly hurt, probably a lot. Honestly, I am happy to hear back and forth on the other aspects of the debate, concerns about TTIP, sovereignty, the democratic deficit- these are totally valid. But I am pretty sure that there is little point going back on economic and financial issues. It's pretty much settled. The public policy debate equivalent of whether you should cut squats off before you get to parallel- yes, you can find a few people who say you should, but they don't know what they are talking and meanwhile pretty much everyone who does know will tell you otherwise.

That's why Johnson and Gove don't seriously try to engage- they just stink the waters up with lies and misdirection, and move on to areas where they have a stronger case, or where things are decided on appeal to emotion and not obectively, like immigration.

And this for me kinda of nails it. The democratic freedom, or lack of, is enough to justify leaving (that's my personal view and I place great importance on having the democratic power being as equally distributed as possible), but even if that isn't enough then there are then the immigration and economic debates. Immigration isn't something I feel the pinch of, albeit some people are very concerned by it and that's their prerogative. There's a whole other debate on how serious immigration actually is and concerns over Murdoch-dominated media making it seem worse than it is, but that is a whole topic in and of itself.

Economically, I don't think it is that cut and dried. If we leave, there will be a negative economic impact - that's guaranteed whenever uncertainty is introduced. Banks deal in certainties so I am unsurprised they advise against change - change can be bad for business.

Paul Mason is an economic journalist, now we're into semantics, but anyone who can write 200,000 word books on post-capitalism and be engaged in open forums by economists does have grounds to be an authority. Just a side note that I wanted to insert.

Your Puerto Rico example is a good one; having access to the free market without a "place at the table" in the EC is essentially what Norway is. I wouldn't mind being more like Norway. I'd more prefer to be like Switzerland or Iceland, but we can't be any of those three, or even make steps towards their approach, if we Remain.

To me, I think coming out will be painful short term, but long term it will have benefits that outweigh the unitial downsides.

From what I've gathered, a Brexit would mean downsides for most involved parties. I won't even pretend to be big on the british economy, but I think Jaunty's explanations are most likely.

In case of leaving, the border between Ireland and North Ireland would stop being part of Schengen, so you'd need to reinstate passport checks. Either directly at a closed border, which would probably reheat old conflicts, or in Britain (meaning northern irish need to identify themselves in their own counrty, making them second-class citizens). The prospect of this leading to an effort in an irish reunification and a another referendum of scottish independence might be an extra reason for Cameron to push for continuance. On the other side, this would create a precedent for the EU, complicate any future strategy for coping with transnational problems with this option of running off and weaken liberal voices in an environment slowly shifting to the right wing.

I understand the reasons OT and Flash give, but those should be a point of application after a decision for staying. As temtping the process of an ever tighter union of european states is, it is completely mismanaged at this point in time, as is the refugge crisis. Even if the causes of mass immigration won't be treated in the countries of origin, the tug of war over the potential risks and benefits impedes the processes of aid and integration.

A power like Great Britain needs to counterbalance the consenus of the mayority of the council and be more vocal about an opposite opinion, at least for the sake of a sane decision-making. As a nation that has been and most likely will be oriented towards trade, GB should not let their voice be taken completely from wide-ranging trage agreements. The EU bureaucraticsism needs more pragmatic influence, which would further decline after Brexit.

For the sake of the highest politic achievement in the history of the continent, vote for stay and use your position to strenghten your voice.

Cavs title. I'm fucking hammered. Not sure why sports means so much to us all, but whatever We won.

Cavs title. I'm fucking hammered. Not sure why sports means so much to us all, but whatever We won.

It's a good year for Cleveland. First Stipe wins the title and now the Cavs. Can the unthinkable happen with the Browns winning the Superbowl next year?

Statistic was quoted in the Economist a while ago. I don't know what their sources are, but its not inconsistent with other figures out there. E.g. Government statistics show the net contribution to the EU in 2014 was 8.5 billion in 2015 (and similar figures for 2014, forecast to be roughly the same all the way through to 2020:

http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN06091.pdf

The Confederation of British Industries reported that according to their literature review, economic benefit of being in the EU is 62-78 billion per year:

http://news.cbi.org.uk/reports/our-...t-2-benefits-of-eu-membership-outweigh-costs/

So the benefit per household could be around 7-9x greater than the cost per household.

@JimRussel, @Aleks Sytsevich - What do you know about RPS Syndicate? I just saw results from some friends on FB where there was a Nationals event. Although it looked really fun, is this a legit fed?

I'm juggling with the idea of sanctioning Lift for Kids' Sake and wanted to do my homework on where to go to appeal to the greatest number of athletes. IPF is super strict and I would lose my non-tested people's, but if I go outside the IPF I lose competitors and my official who has been a really big help. The immediate loss if I go outside IPF is huge, but wondered if I'd make it up by appealing to other feds.

I posted this here, in case anyone had an opinion on the matter. I don't want to know what you would do, but what you know about certain feds.

Last edited:
Holy shit, Bisping is the Middleweight Champ???

Lol a little late to the party DrBdan! Even more shocking is that he won with a first round KO.

Lol a little late to the party DrBdan! Even more shocking is that he won with a first round KO.

Wat.jpeg. Never thought I'd here that.

It's a good year for Cleveland. First Stipe wins the title and now the Cavs. Can the unthinkable happen with the Browns winning the Superbowl next year?

Hopefully sometime in the next ten years, mang.

Yeah I've basically stopped paying attention to MMA completely over the last couple months. Crazy to see a KO win.

We just had a fight night in Ottawa. Rory got beat. Not surprised.

@JimRussel, @Aleks Sytsevich - What do you know about RPS Syndicate? I just saw results from some friends on FB where there was a Nationals event. Although it looked really fun, is this a legit fed?

I'm juggling with the idea of sanctioning Lift for Kids' Sake and wanted to do my homework on where to go to appeal to the greatest number of athletes. IPF is super strict and I would lose my non-tested people's, but if I go outside the IPF I lose competitors and my official who has been a really big help. The immediate loss if I go outside IPF is huge, but wondered if I'd make it up by appealing to other feds.

I posted this here, in case anyone had an opinion on the matter. I don't want to know what you would do, but what you know about certain feds.
As "legit" as any other, I suppose.

IPF would likely be the best banner to run your meets under. It's the most well known, and would attract the most competitiors.

Sure, RPS, CPF, and a couple other fed exist in Canada, but the CPU is far, far more popular and well known.

I think Rory has lost his passion and a bit of what made him great to begin with, his attitude.

As "legit" as any other, I suppose.

IPF would likely be the best banner to run your meets under. It's the most well known, and would attract the most competitiors.

Sure, RPS, CPF, and a couple other fed exist in Canada, but the CPU is far, far more popular and well known.

Some say I shouldn't sanction it at all, too.
But there is a large group of very vocal PLers who think non-sanctioned meets are the devil.

Why is that? If they break a WR they don't get credit or?

Back