Fleas' Amateur MMA Journey Thread

83/10000
12 hours of training this week, I'm getting better conditioned from all this rolling!

90/10000
Keep focusing on rolling with purple belts and brown belts these days instead, I'm always trying to do much MUCH more then I need in life to succeed.

101/10000
Reached the 100 HOUR MARK. WAHOO!
My body feels tired again, but I'm glad I reached the 11 hour mark this week as well.
The deadlifts with the sandbag have been killing my legs recently, need to work on the stronglifts program. 5x5 and 1x5.

110/10000
9 hours this week, I've been focusing on sprints rather then long running, which seems to wear me out more for rolling in the morning.

148/10000

Another 10 hours of training, starting a part time animation degree while studying classics on the side, so it's nice to let my brain be worked out too.

162/10000

Another 14 hours done last week, slowly but surely, we're building up our stamina and work capacity.

174/10000
Another 12 hours this week, hill sprints and sandbags and hill sprints

How’s your BJJ training coming along? What’s your current rank? Following this log, good stuff

186/10000
Another 12 hours worth of training, I need to increase my work capacity more and more!
How’s your BJJ training coming along? What’s your current rank? Following this log, good stuff
Still zero stripes, I try to put in at least 10 hours a week worth of rolling to improve. I'm only beginning now to see openings with regard to back takes and the like, I much prefer rolling with bigger guys tbh. Makes everything easier to try out since they don't want to go too hard on you!

186/10000
Another 12 hours worth of training, I need to increase my work capacity more and more!

Still zero stripes, I try to put in at least 10 hours a week worth of rolling to improve. I'm only beginning now to see openings with regard to back takes and the like, I much prefer rolling with bigger guys tbh. Makes everything easier to try out since they don't want to go too hard on you!
From my experience dont neglect a good aerobic cardio day about every week to 10 days. 70 minutes light and steady on a reflex bag or a 6 to 8 mile light jog. What it does for your heart will lead to great gains in your work capsity. Listen to your body chronic fatigue is a real thing, over trading in moderation is necessary, and injury's are detrimental.

186/10000

That’s awesome, I’m a blue belt. I want to believe the white belt is the hardest part. Once you can feel confident in surviving it becomes much more fun.

208/10000
Need to try and sharpen my boxing skills by going back to my old boxing gym, along with starting judo, which is something I've always wanted to do as well.

219/10000
I'm getting there, I'm getting there.
Need to work on a few things - need to find anew MMA gym. I've noticed my coach teaches bad fundamentals with regards to boxing and doesn't correct them, so I'll find a new one to train at when I go to College next year.

219/10000
I'm getting there, I'm getting there.
Need to work on a few things - need to find anew MMA gym. I've noticed my coach teaches bad fundamentals with regards to boxing and doesn't correct them, so I'll find a new one to train at when I go to College next year.
Does the coach have much pure Thai boxing on his resume?

Not that I know of, I think he once went to Thailand for a seminar but I wouldn't count that as a resume.
Yea I wouldn't either. That's vacation lol. Where I'm from I trained at a "mma" gym but had to seek quality striking training elsewhere... It got pricey on a fighters income but it was well worth training my standup with quality people. As far as performance and definitely spiritualy, witch transfers back 100 times to performance.

Back