Flo Grappling s*cks

It was horrific. I read a post on reddit asking if the commentator had down syndrome, and thought he was probably just being hyperbolic... And then I listened to it. Lol

i saw some clips from the tournament and couldn't believe how incredibly annoying the commentating was. had no idea it was AJ.

seriously, he makes rener sound awesome. the worst commentating i've ever heard, anywhere, ever.

lol @ him saying "thank you to all who told me you loved the commentary"!

no one fucking told you that, AJ. not even your biggest fan could sit through that bullshit.

Well I suppose this is another negative about FLO Grappling being so adamant about their subscription model and so heavy-handed about content protection... Instead of talking about whatever happened in the match, we are commenting on AJ's commentary.

Does this incentivize me to get a subscription? Absolutely not. I'm fine with disregarding FLO Grappling and moving onto to other content.

Another complaint.

I have the feeling that I subscribed for a monthly fee, and not for one month. I am pretty sure I will have to manually CANCEL the subscription, rather than not pay it again.

I don't care because I don't care that much about the nogi pans. The market will end up figuring out whether flograppling works or not. As an observer I'm skeptical that they can be successful charging $20 per month for the very light content that they have. UFC Fight Pass charges anywhere from $7.99-$9.99 per month and has the entire UFC library of fights that can be individually viewed, PRIDE's library that can also be viewed by event or by individual fight, Invicta, as well as old documentaries, specials, Primetimes Countdowns, new original programming, and exclusive live event streams.

Charging people $20 per month when you only have a Polaris event and a nogi pans that most people don't care about seems like not the best idea. The site is also pretty hard to navigate.

But they also seem like a good company that cares about grappling and hopefully it works out for them. All this stuff with price and access and content hopefully gets sorted out where they can make money and still make people happy.

Another complaint.

I have the feeling that I subscribed for a monthly fee, and not for one month. I am pretty sure I will have to manually CANCEL the subscription, rather than not pay it again.

You are signed up for a monthly renewal but if you don't cancel in time and just explain it to them then they will refund you your money. They have great customer service.

long and short of it, a lot of people are complaining and bitching about Flo merely because you have to actually pay for something! how do you expect the sport to grow and be re-invested in , if you want every thing for free.

long and short of it, a lot of people are complaining and bitching about Flo merely because you have to actually pay for something! how do you expect the sport to grow and be re-invested in , if you want every thing for free.

I already spend all of my non-essential money for training, competition, gear and medical bills (and many streams). The least thing IBJJF could do was to stream for free, just like the rest of the sports.

I am not saying flograppling or budovideos should do it for free. I am saying it is IBJJF, and not me, who should pay for their services.

Whoa. Is it just me or does Diniz look... different.

12118878_1187171927963216_3106612460008916966_n.jpg

looks the same

Making it subscription only is (especially at $20 a month) is ridiculous. They have extremely sparse content, and the tournaments they plan on streaming aren't exactly every weekend.

PPV for each event, with the option of a subscription for $10 a month would be far more reasonable in my opinion.

Holy shit you guys complain about everything.

i don't know about the rest of it, but complaining about AJ's commentary has to be the most natural and automatic reaction of anyone with ears.

Also, is anyone here naïve to think that the IBJJF isn't getting a cut of that $20 subscription?:eek:

AJ will continue to commentate on the events until Flo falls apart or establishes themselves. So that can be good news for those that liked the new take and bad news for people that didnt. He is the main broker that brought Flo in to grappling...hes not going to fire himself.

If you sign up for FloGrappling, do you get FloWrestling as well?

When watching the stream I didn't recognize AJ and thought it was some guy from flowrestling.
He wasn't commentating on the technique at all (and got replace with music).

I would have no problem with it at all if the money was going to the competitors.

The commentary was kind of funny; I had just assumed AJ was in on the joke :|

I already spend all of my non-essential money for training, competition, gear and medical bills (and many streams). The least thing IBJJF could do was to stream for free, just like the rest of the sports.

I am not saying flograppling or budovideos should do it for free. I am saying it is IBJJF, and not me, who should pay for their services.

You realise that the ibjjf is not a governing body.
It is a private business that is own by Carlos Jnr and he can do whatever he wants.

Back