Social Florida COVID Death Rate Tops California

I didn't think it was that bad even before I realized the OP source was a joke.

Two faced rules for thee but not for me politicians aside, California did pretty well handling it's Covid considering it's densely populated cities. Way better than places like New York, Jersey, Mass, etc.
To be fair NY had Cumo the serial killer.

Instead of using one of the many websites that calculates the deaths per million, this article decides to calculate it on their own. This is fine, except they curiously under-count Florida's population by about a million, thus increasing their death rate. The article also very curiously makes no mention of the #1 risk factor for an adverse COVID result, which is age. Florida is a much older state than California is. I guess dry air is worth talking about, but age isn't.

For all that their results are very close. Florida is 27th in the country and California is 30th.

Florida: 1,489 deaths per million
California: 1,377 deaths per million (Florida has reported deaths today, and California hasn't, so it should narrow a bit before day's end).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

When adjusting for age of population, these are the results you would expect if both states had the exact same response. Instead, California needlessly did so much damage to their citizens, and have pretty much nothing to show for it in their COVID numbers. This article does its best to defend California, but it's just a mess that really reaches on some if its points. "We're more socially vulnerable! We have dryer air"!
If the OP doesn't delete is troll account after an absolute pwnage like this he better ask a mod to delete it.

There has been pwnage on this site, but what you have just done to TS should keep him away for a long time...

The numbers are similar. All this proves is that both approaches had similar effect. Which is probably very little.

More old people live in Florida. Also, I bet most people would rather have their businesses open. Not just friend's of Gavin Newsom. Florida will also be in better shape moving forward.

Should he use mature insults instead?
I'm like mystic mac. Pretty crazy how well I predicted this. See below.

My prediction:
I expect a very angry response (from Mcountry). Most likely including caps locks, swear words, and immature insults.

His predictable diatribe:
And COVID loves to eat old people who are 80+ WITH TWO OR MORE COMORBIDS.

And if that's the case regarding the difference in population demographics and Florida just eeked out slightly more per mil?

Then LOL. You fucking shit stain.

Mcountry, you are an incredibly predictable individual. Your ideology and discourse has 0 originality. You do not think for yourself, you are controlled by right wing and hate based propaganda.

I like how it means something to so many people that more people die in a state led by the party they don't support.

I'm like mystic mac. Pretty crazy how well I predicted this.
Mcountry, you are an incredibly predictable individual. Your ideology and discourse has 0 originality. You do not think for yourself, you are controlled by right wing and hate based propaganda.

Predictable? You mean detailing to you how fucking stupid you are by not taking into account the most logical explanation to your shit thread? I wasn't the first one to point it out, nor was I the last. I was just the only one to sling personal insults at you while doing it because I have that much respect for you.

Because you are a shallow troll account and a fucking cartoon and most everything you type is going to be some dumb ass "the right is dumb" rhetoric.

Take the L on this one and get a new schtick.

California is on pace to surpass Florida at their current death rate acceleration.

Also, California has higher case rates than Florida, the significantly older population of Florida is contributing to higher death rates. If you adjust for age I bet you'd find Florida is doing better.

Also, why don't you talk about states that are above the average in COVID-19 in US? The top 4 are all democrat run.

"For every million residents of California, 1,385 Californians have died of COVID-19. But for every million residents of Florida, 1,538 Floridians have died of COVID-19."

For me, this comes down to nothing more than how this pandemic was handled. Republicans downplayed it and more people died as a result.Governor Newsom meanwhile did a great job in Cali and saved thousands of lives. Science is very real folks, but Trump, DeSantis, and the do-nothing GOP made it political.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...19-florida-california-compared-deaths-economy
Lol

"For every million residents of California, 1,385 Californians have died of COVID-19. But for every million residents of Florida, 1,538 Floridians have died of COVID-19."

For me, this comes down to nothing more than how this pandemic was handled. Republicans downplayed it and more people died as a result.Governor Newsom meanwhile did a great job in Cali and saved thousands of lives. Science is very real folks, but Trump, DeSantis, and the do-nothing GOP made it political.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...19-florida-california-compared-deaths-economy
Death is inevitable, and while it very sad that people have died during this. Florida only had a slightly higher death per capita and stayed open for the most part. If this is your gotcha moment that is grasping at straws. The effects of California closing down to a save a small percentage more now will have far reaching negative effects compared to the minimally additional deaths Florida had from Covid.

Predictable? You mean detailing to you how fucking stupid you are by not taking into account the most logical explanation to your shit thread? I wasn't the first one to point it out, nor was I the last. I was just the only one to sling personal insults at you while doing it because I have that much respect for you.

Because you are a shallow troll account and a fucking cartoon and most everything you type is going to be some dumb ass "the right is dumb" rhetoric.

Take the L on this one and get a new schtick.
No. The elderly arguement is offet by the fact that California how so much more dense of a population. None of you will ever understand that. California has multiple cities where people live in highly dense urban areas. San Diego, LA, Oakland, SF. The Coronavirus is much more dangerous and apt to spread in those areas. And yet California STILL had less of a death rate than Florida. Even more impressive. WOW.

Instead of using one of the many websites that calculates the deaths per million, this article decides to calculate it on their own. This is fine, except they curiously under-count Florida's population by about a million, thus increasing their death rate. The article also very curiously makes no mention of the #1 risk factor for an adverse COVID result, which is age. Florida is a much older state than California is. I guess dry air is worth talking about, but age isn't.

For all that their results are very close. Florida is 27th in the country and California is 30th.

Florida: 1,489 deaths per million
California: 1,377 deaths per million (Florida has reported deaths today, and California hasn't, so it should narrow a bit before day's end).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

When adjusting for age of population, these are the results you would expect if both states had the exact same response. Instead, California needlessly did so much damage to their citizens, and have pretty much nothing to show for it in their COVID numbers. This article does its best to defend California, but it's just a mess that really reaches on some if its points. "We're more socially vulnerable! We have dryer air"!

If the OP doesn't delete is troll account after an absolute pwnage like this he better ask a mod to delete it.

There has been pwnage on this site, but what you have just done to TS shouldkeep him away for a long time...
Please see my response where I once again debunk your right wing propoganda:
The elderly argument is offset by the fact that California how so much more dense of a population. None of you will ever understand that. California has multiple cities where people live in highly dense urban areas. San Diego, LA, Oakland, SF. The Coronavirus is much more dangerous and apt to spread in those areas. And yet California STILL had less of a death rate than Florida. Even more impressive.

More old people live in Florida. Also, I bet most people would rather have their businesses open. Not just friend's of Gavin Newsom. Florida will also be in better shape moving forward.
The old people down here in Florida are the true super spreaders even though they have their masks, face shields, gloves on.

You have not witnessed a sad state until you see an old person with gloves and mask on, move their mask down to lick their gloves fingers so they can open a plastic bag for produce. They mean well but the old people just have no clue what the way are doing. Old man snot rags/sweat towels are an issue also.

One of the problems with California's COVID situation is that the Democrat governor of California was another Democrat that was sending positive COVID hospital patients to live in nursing homes. It is unreal that it happened.

It's now well known that this same cruel act happened in New York. The nursing home deaths there are to be investigated finally I've read. I hope that does indeed happen. As I was reading earlier, New York has a law stating that profits made off a crime are to be given to the victims. Possibly the New York governors COVID book profits can go to the families that lost loved ones that were in nursing homes.

I read today that a Michigan DA is thinking of bringing chargers against the Democrat governor there for doing the same thing, the sending of COVID positive patients to live in nursing homes. Hope that happens.

I hope that in California that eventually there is an investigation on why this happened with the nursing homes. The elderly in California's nursing homes should have been protected. The elderly are the most vulnerable to the COVID virus.

No. The elderly arguement is offet by the fact that California how so much more dense of a population. None of you will ever understand that. California has multiple cities where people live in highly dense urban areas. San Diego, LA, Oakland, SF. The Coronavirus is much more dangerous and apt to spread in those areas. And yet California STILL had less of a death rate than Florida. Even more impressive. WOW.
Population density:
California = 253.9 residents per square mile
Florida = 397.2 residents per square mile

Wanna try again?

<Dany07>

LA = 7,009 people per square mile
San Diego = 4,381 people per square mile
San Fran =6,266 people per square mile
Oakland = 7,787 people per square mile

Some Florida cities:
Fountainbleau = 11,862 people per square mile
Country Club = 10,895 people per square mile
Kendall West = 12,849 people per square mile
Sweetwater = 25,610 people per square mile
Miami = 13,286 people per square mile - Yes, almost DOUBLE that of LA
Hialeah = 10,171 people per square mile
Pine manor = 9,867 people per square mile
Key Biscane = 9,417 people per square mile
North Lauderdale = 9,161 people per square mile
Etc.
Etc.

There are 38 cities in Fl with a higher population density than the 7,009 people per square mile that LA has.

Other well known but less dense FL cities:
Ft Lauderdale = 5,294 people per square mile
St. Petersburg = 4,318 people per square mile
Tampa = 3,549 people per square mile
Orlando = 2,446 people per square mile

Sorry @RidenWitBiden you're completely wrong

<CerseiPlotting>

1 post left

Last edited:
Please see my response where I once again debunk your right wing propoganda:
The elderly argument is offset by the fact that California how so much more dense of a population. None of you will ever understand that. California has multiple cities where people live in highly dense urban areas. San Diego, LA, Oakland, SF. The Coronavirus is much more dangerous and apt to spread in those areas. And yet California STILL had less of a death rate than Florida. Even more impressive.
Florida has a higher population density than California. Also there is no evidence to suggest that population density and COVID-19 deaths are correlated, see this link:
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-19-death-rate-vs-population-density

Population density:
California = 253.9 residents per square mile
Florida = 397.2 residents per square mile

Wanna try again?

<Dany07>

1 post left
This is very deceiving because it does not show the effects of big cities where most of California's population is and where the virus runs most rampant.

San Francisco's overall population density of 18,440 people per square mile
Oakland: 7,787 people per square mile
San Diego: 4,381 people per square mile
Los Angeles: 7,009 people per square mile

Meanwhile, Jacksonville, the biggest city in Florida:
1,160 people per square mile

Do you not see how the virus is much more apt to spread in these urban areas?

One of the problems with California's COVID situation is that the Democrat governor of California was another Democrat that was sending positive COVID hospital patients to live in nursing homes. It is unreal that it happened.

It's now well known that this same cruel act happened in New York. The nursing home deaths there are to be investigated finally I've read. I hope that does indeed happen. As I was reading earlier, New York has a law stating that profits made off a crime are to be given to the victims. Possibly the New York governors COVID book profits can go to the families that lost loved ones that were in nursing homes.

I read today that a Michigan DA is thinking of bringing chargers against the Democrat governor there for doing the same thing, the sending of COVID positive patients to live in nursing homes. Hope that happens.

I hope that in California that eventually there is an investigation on why this happened with the nursing homes. The elderly in California's nursing homes should have been protected. The elderly are the most vulnerable to the COVID virus.
Every governor needs to be charged. They all threatened the nursing homes when the nursing homes refused, bc the nursing homes were sane. They had to be forced into accepting covid patients in.

the governors knew they were killing people. The media is on full silent mode on it

Back