Law Florida Stand Your Ground story

He couldn't get his attention without shoving him to the ground? The only person putting his family in danger in this situation was himself.

It's why I won't fight guys for making comments about a girl I'm with. It's taking a bad situation, and turning it into a violent one.

Now if they are putting hands on her, that is completely different and I would risk my life to protect hers.

It doesn't matter if he was right or wrong for pushing the guy. The point is that the push doesn't justify the shooting. If McGlockton really wanted to harm Drejka seriously, he would have followed him to the ground and started dropping bombs before Drejka could even get his gun out. He clearly wasn't interested in further unprovoked physical contact. If the police were there, McGlockton would have been charged with simple battery at worst. No jail time. Maybe a fine and/or community service/anger management would be the likely punishment. There is no way that reasonably meets the standard for being "in fear for you life". You're telling me that this guy is such a pussy that merely being pushed invokes serious fear of death but he is somehow brave enough to confront people over parking? Sounds more like a gun owner who goes around looking for reasons to use his gun.

Furthermore if somebody puts their hands up AFTER you've drawn and decided to shoot, are you expected to have the reactionary time and clear thinking to not continue pulling the trigger?

Whatever standard cops are held to sounds good enough for the citizenry. :cool:

Anyone have opinions on if she would win a civil lawsuit against him?

My opinion would be that it's hard to sympathize with her. She did something both illegally and socially frowned upon, doubled down when called out on it by getting into a shouting match, then potentially escalated the situation by getting out of the car. But maybe.

Active Self Protection is a great channel. I think that’s the name. More people should check it out.

I think approaching the woman is similar to when people see someone litter and grab it to throw it back in the car. Always seems like a possible danger for a stupid reason.

I doubt the killer would approach the car if the guy was in it and not the woman. I also doubt he would approach the car at all if he wasn’t packing. The gun gave him confidence.

Agreed. I've posted the link a number of times.

I don't think confronting litterbugs is a stupid reason. I wish more of us had the balls to confront people like that. Same as with the d-bags that don't pick up their dog's shit in public.

Possibly. Just like the dead guy maybe wouldn't have committed battery as a first resort if he wasn't a big dude going up against someone physically inferior. His size gave him confidence. :D

It's not about someone being a threat to YOU there tough guy, it's about someone messing with your wife/girl and you getting involved like a man and not a cuck. While you're patting yourself on your back for your bravery you couldn't jump in the middle of someone yelling obscenities at your wife in the parking lot?

Dude gave him a push which is a normal response there. Would I have reacted like that? Not sober, but after a few drinks sure. A push is an acceptable response there, it's not like the dude started beating on him or anything.

Maybe in tough guy land, getting pushed while yelling at someone is situation that needs to be resolved in death but not in the real world.

Emotion more?

You cant assault somebody for confronting you with words.

It's also stupid to do so as it can get you hurt. Was his woman safer with the guy talking or the guy shooting? He literally put his girl and son in danger with his ego

If McGlockton really wanted to harm Drejka seriously, he would have followed him to the ground and started dropping bombs before Drejka could even get his gun out. He clearly wasn't interested in further unprovoked physical contact.

You don't know that. Looked like big boy was still facing off up until the gun comes out. For all you know he was going to talk some smack then lay down a more vigorous beating.

It doesn't matter if he was right or wrong for pushing the guy. The point is that the push doesn't justify the shooting. If McGlockton really wanted to harm Drejka seriously, he would have followed him to the ground and started dropping bombs before Drejka could even get his gun out. He clearly wasn't interested in further unprovoked physical contact. If the police were there, McGlockton would have been charged with simple battery at worst. No jail time. Maybe a fine and/or community service/anger management would be the likely punishment. There is no way that reasonably meets the standard for being "in fear for you life". You're telling me that this guy is such a pussy that merely being pushed invokes serious fear of death but he is somehow brave enough to confront people over parking? Sounds more like a gun owner who goes around looking for reasons to use his gun.

In hindsight that can make sense. But in shootymcshootshoots case if he is fearful for his life and not knowing what the intententions of the man who just shoved him to the ground is what is there to charge him with if the state has laws that justify in depth why he should not be charged.

The only controversy I can see being argued is if after brandishing his firearm did mcglockton retreat? And even that could be argued when you pull out a fire arm do you shoot to kill after or do you wait and see what happens

It doesn't matter if he was right or wrong for pushing the guy. The point is that the push doesn't justify the shooting.

Actually it kinda does. He was being assaulted and feared for his life. Is it unreasonable to think a guy that shoved you to the ground isnt going to follow up?

Not sure you get to end someone just because they shoved you. This guy and Zimmerman are both pussies w/ guns.

Bad shoot. Now we’re at the point where someone shoves you, isn’t even close enough to touch you, has no weapon, yet can be shot? Ridiculous.

You don't know that. Looked like big boy was still facing off up until the gun comes out. For all you know he was going to talk some smack then lay down a more vigorous beating.

And why would he still be facing up? Probably looking to see if Drejka was going to get up and strike back. But if he was intent on fucking Drejka up, he wouldn't have waited even a millisecond. He would have either went to the ground right away or he would have started kicking/stomping. If you're really looking to harm someone, you're going to take advantage of them being in a vulnerable position and he made no attempt to do that.

This is a perfect example of why "laws" like this need to be purged from the books.

We don't need low rent cretins looking for an afternoon kill walking about our streets with the full protection of the law behind them.

25-life (no parole) would send a wonderful message here.

Not sure you get to end someone just because they shoved you. This guy and Zimmerman are both pussies w/ guns.

Agree that you can't punish somebody by shooting them. You can defend yourself by shooting them tho. That is a bit different

The ironic thing about all of this is that the above sounds synonymous with why some police feel like excessive use of force is justifiable.

This is a perfect example of why "laws" like this need to be purged from the books.

We don't need low rent cretins looking for an afternoon kill walking about our streets with the full protection of the law behind them.

25-life (no parole) would send a wonderful message here.

We dont need people shoving people down for words either. It would be good for people to learn violence only brings about more violence

Well it’s not as simple as that. I understand you think that because it is the common narrative being passed around and it takes the least amount of brain cells to understand.

But the argument that big boys are having is at what point in a stand your ground state can you defend yourself and how Can you measure someone’s fear in taking their action.

We dont need people shoving people down for words either.

Agreed.

If the man wasn't gunned down in cold blood by a cretinous murderer lusting for a kill he would absolutely deserve to be charged with assault and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Actually it kinda does. He was being assaulted and feared for his life. Is it unreasonable to think a guy that shoved you to the ground isnt going to follow up?

I don't think for a second that he was was in fear for his life. Like I said, people that fragile don't go around starting arguments over parking. But even if he was that fragile, your fear should have to be reasonable otherwise you can almost justify shooting someone in any sort of confrontation. What if someone is screaming at me? Like they really, really irate and I'm afraid. How do I know that they aren't going to just start hitting me? Its reasonable to think that they might so can I shoot them?

Agreed.

If the man wasn't gunned down in cold blood by a cretinous murderer lusting for a kill he would absolutely deserve to be charged with assault and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

So when people are assaulted they shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves? They should have to call the police and have them prosecuted to the full extent of the law?

So when people are assaulted they shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves? They should have to call the police and have them prosecuted to the full extent of the law?

With reasonable force, yes. Shooting someone for shoving you is not reasonable force.

What happened to the other thread?
We all know the ONLY reason why this is even a story.

Well it’s not as simple as that. I understand you think that because it is the common narrative being passed around and it takes the least amount of brain cells to understand.

But the argument that big boys are having is at what point in a stand your ground state can you defend yourself and how Can you measure someone’s fear in taking their action.

I've carried a gun professionally, so I understand the use of force continuum quite well, thank you. Someone shoving you hardly constitutes a deadly threat. Being deathly afraid at that point because you're physically incapable of handling the situation doesn't give you the right to end someone's life. Guy got humiliated and reacted in anger; thats a far cry from self defense.

Back