Floyd Mayweather "I'll Go After Conor" Vows Not to Fight His Defensive Style Fans are Accustomed to

Anyone who calls Floyd's counters "pitty pat punches" DKSAB

But Guerrero has been boxing since he was 9, was a Junior Olympic Gold Medalist, had Olympic trials at just 16, turned pro at 18 and by the time he fought Floyd was a two time, two weight World champion with 33 pro fight under his belt. I think you are seriously underestimated just how vastly superior of a boxer someone like Guerrero is compared to someone like Conor.
Uh, what are you basing this thought on? When did I ever write that McGregor was on Guerrero's level?

It seems there are a lot of hypersensitive people in this May/Mac subforum. People who read too much into what other people write, then proceed to attack strawmen.

He may need to, Conor is a counter puncher with little output
To me, McGregor is most effective as a counter puncher. If he follows his dominant strategy, Floyd might feel forced to lead.

Ok, I guess I just re-wrote your exact comment in a more long-winded way. o_O

To me, McGregor is most effective as a counter puncher. If he follows his dominant strategy, Floyd might feel forced to lead.

Ok, I guess I just re-wrote your exact comment in a more long-winded way. o_O

Conor's gas tank isn't that great for MMA. The way he loads up on his punches, if he's busy in this fight he's screwed and will be breathing heavily, mouth open by 5th.

I was at Floyd's last fight where he came up against a counter puncher off a 2 year layoff. Marquez, arguably best Floyd has ever looked. Floyd keeps in such good shape, doesn't drink etc that layoffs don't seem to effect him that much.

Conor's gas tank isn't that great for MMA. The way he loads up on his punches, if he's busy in this fight he's screwed and will be breathing heavily, mouth open by 5th.

This could be true, but we really don't know until the fight happens. I see MMA as being significantly harder on the gas tank because of the extra threats, the kicking, and the takedowns/clinch.

But yeah, like I said, I think McGregor's dominant strategy is to hang back and snipe.

Yeah, a lot of people just think of MLK, or Rosa Parks or Malcom X. I'm assuming you have heard of the Greensboro Four? I have actually been good friends with Jibreel Khazan (AKA Ezell Blair Jr.) my whole life. Great guy and it's an honor to know him.
That's awesome. I have heard of the Greensboro sit-ins, but didn't know the names of any of the participants

That's awesome. I have heard of the Greensboro sit-ins, but didn't know the names of any of the participants

It's funny because i've known him since i was a child because his wife works with my dad, but i had no idea that he was one of the guys in the greensboro sit-ins until my dad mentioned it when i was probably like 16 or so. He's an incredibly nice guy and is one of those people who is always positive. I've honestly never seen him angry or mad. His wife is awesome too and i consider her like part of my family. Just great people all around.

So Floyd vows to not fight with the style that's brought him success and kept him relatively safe his entire career?

giphy.gif

So Floyd vows to not fight with the style that's brought him success and kept him relatively safe his entire career?

giphy.gif

Yup .. and that is exactly what he did too, although I understand anyone's early skepticism about it ...

I didn't follow any of the lead up to the fight, so I had no idea what was being said, and on fight night I was shocked and wondering what the hell Floyd was doing at first. By the end of the 2nd rd I had an "aha" moment, especially after I heard his father's comments to Floyd in his corner about turning up in the 4th.

Now that it's over and done, and Floyd made good on everything he said, from the change in fighting style, to promising to finish Conor and give the fans a show ... I guess we can now call him Mystic May cuz he predicted deez tings, lol :p

This man deserves a lot of respect for his career and for the fact that he isn't a loud mouth and actually backs up his words. What an amazing athlete and inspiration.

This man deserves a lot of respect for his career and for the fact that he isn't a loud mouth and actually backs up his words. What an amazing athlete and inspiration.

He's respectful of his opponents even after he schools them when he could be a huge dick if he wanted. Floyd's ok in my books.

That's true, the same way boxing fans don't fully realize how much better at movement MMA fighters are.

I mean seriously, look at this pro boxer and his movement here. Is standing still in the pocket and weaving slightly called technique? I suppose so. Conor will move in and out like a normal sized penis in a large vagina.
$

Look at how a pro mover does it. Boxers look stuck in the mud in comparison.
200.gif
Hahaha mma fighters have better movement hahahaha

Lmao almost everyone on the 1st page should close accounts

Back