FN 101: Whittaker vs. Brunson is the worst card of the year.

KOTC Australia.

Whittaker vs Brunson is a good scrap, but would have been on the Fight Pass prelims of UFC 205.

Robert Whittaker vs. Derek Brunson
Jake Matthews vs. Andrew Holbrook
Kyle Noke vs. Omari Akhmedov
Yusuke Kasuya vs. Alex Volkanovski
Dan Kelly vs. Chris Camozzi
Damien Brown vs. Jon Tuck
Richard Walsh vs. Joe Meunier
Ben Nguyen vs. Geane Herrera
Dan Hooker vs. Jason Knight
Yao Zhikui vs. Jenel Lausa
Seo Hee Ham vs. Danielle Taylor
Tyson Pedro vs. Khalil Rountree
Marlon Vera vs. Ning Guangyou

No-wiki page fighters, manlets, and a bunch of "who the fook" are these guys. Poor Jenel Lausa is all three! Then you have fighters who have long peaked like Kyle Noke and Chris Camozzi.

Even the most craptastic cards have 3 to 5 fights I have mild to real interest in. Not here. I only have interest in the main event. And this interest is moderate at best.

If you subtract the main event, it's reasonable for some fans to think this was an AXS card.
But I thought Dana said he was dumping fighters who don't measure up to make room for the best?!?!?

Phil Davis
Rory McDonald
Benson Henderson
Matt Mitrione
Ryan Bader
Jake shields

They would make this card better imo

Umm what are you talking about TS?

I though Andrew Holbrook more then earned his Co Main spot with his last performance.

It' snot great, I'll still watch it though, sometimes these kinds of cards end up really delivering.

Umm what are you talking about TS?

I though Andrew Holbrook more then earned his Co Main spot with his last performance.

I wasn't sure if you were being serious or not since I did not know which one was Holbrook until I noticed their names in the lower left corner.

c'mon guys. show some love.

Personally I'm a fan of your fights but if I a, paying $500+ for a seat plus flights and accommodation, it;s to see top ranked fighters, not unranked ones that are only kept on the roster to appeal to the regional audiences.

If we wanted good local talent, we'd go to a local show. The UFC is supposed to be about seeing the top talent in the world.

When younger some of the biggest and best nights of my life were "a quite one tonight" so I'll wait and see.

Personally I like good fights first and couldn't care less if I don't know them if they deliver.

I like Kyle and am always hopeful he'll reach his potential. If you're Australian you're a disgrace if you can't support your own.

If you paid good money and feel riped off... You've probably spent more money at the café in the two weeks leading up.

Just me but do your whinging after it (IF it's justified) until than fuck up

So bad I'm canceling my cable to avoid this freebie.

It's not great but it's better than the next FOX card.

Robert Whittaker vs. Derek Brunson is a good scrap. They are both good fighters.

Jake Matthews vs. Andrew Holbrook is a good fight too. Jake is still a good prospect and Holbrook got KO'd by Joaquim Silva at TUF 23 Finale Joanna vs Claudia

Kyle Noke vs. Omari Akhmedov is an excellent matchup. Kyle lost his last 2 fights and Omari also lost his last 2 fights. They both need to win imo

Yusuke Kasuya vs. Alex Volkanovski ....don't fuckin know who they are honestly

Dan Kelly vs. Chris Camozzi. Camozzi is always a fun guy to watch!!

Damien Brown vs. Jon Tuck. Regular fight

Richard Walsh vs. Joe Meunier. Regular fight

Ben Nguyen vs. Geane Herrera. Probably an exciting fight

Dan Hooker vs. Jason Knight. Jason is a good fighter. Regular fight

Yao Zhikui vs. Jenel Lausa. Dont know who they are

Seo Hee Ham vs. Danielle Taylor. Seo Hee Ham is a good fighter

Tyson Pedro vs. Khalil Rountree. Khalil is known for having knocked out Anderson Silva in a sparring match prior to his bout against Nick Diaz

Marlon Vera vs. Ning Guangyou. Regular fight

Robert Whittaker vs. Derek Brunson
Jake Matthews vs. Andrew Holbrook
Kyle Noke vs. Omari Akhmedov
Yusuke Kasuya vs. Alex Volkanovski
Dan Kelly vs. Chris Camozzi
Damien Brown vs. Jon Tuck
Richard Walsh vs. Joe Meunier
Ben Nguyen vs. Geane Herrera
Dan Hooker vs. Jason Knight
Yao Zhikui vs. Jenel Lausa
Seo Hee Ham vs. Danielle Taylor
Tyson Pedro vs. Khalil Rountree
Marlon Vera vs. Ning Guangyou

No-wiki page fighters, manlets, and a bunch of "who the fook" are these guys. Poor Jenel Lausa is all three! Then you have fighters who have long peaked like Kyle Noke and Chris Camozzi.

Even the most craptastic cards have 3 to 5 fights I have mild to real interest in. Not here. I only have interest in the main event. And this interest is moderate at best.

If you subtract the main event, it's reasonable for some fans to think this was an AXS card.
bet its still far more entertaining than the joke that was UFC 200

Robert Whittaker vs. Derek Brunson - excellent fight, looking forward to it.
Jake Matthews vs. Andrew Holbrook - Matthews should make quick, violent work of him so could be entertaining.
Kyle Noke vs. Omari Akhmedov - absolute nothing of a fight, guaranteed decision and not an exciting one.
Yusuke Kasuya vs. Alex Volkanovski - could be alright.
Dan Kelly vs. Chris Camozzi - jesus fucking Christ. Slowest fight of 2016, incominggggggg.
Damien Brown vs. Jon Tuck - dont' like Tuck, and Brown is a cookie-cutter local circuit type guy, pass.
Richard Walsh vs. Joe Meunier - I like Walsh but his fights are fairly forgettable, expecting the same here.
Ben Nguyen vs. Geane Herrera - will be exciting.
Dan Hooker vs. Jason Knight - will be exciting.
Yao Zhikui vs. Jenel Lausa - yuck. I kow Lausa's got a reputation but this is some low-level shizz.
Seo Hee Ham vs. Danielle Taylor - absolute filth.
Tyson Pedro vs. Khalil Rountree - intriguied by this one, small records aside it could be exciting.
Marlon Vera vs. Ning Guangyou - the fight nobody wants to see that's been rescheduled so many times, you'd swear fans were clamouring to see it. Pass.

So I guess, there's around 5 fights I have a passing interest in at least. I'll probably watch most of the card when I get the chance tomorrow but yeah, weak card.

I just tuned into the fights to watch the main event.

From 1-10, how was the card? Wiki says there were a lot of decisons.

I just tuned into the fights to watch the main event.

From 1-10, how was the card? Wiki says there were a lot of decisons.

Pretty fucking bad tbh. A few good fights mixed in there but none really worth going back to watch after the fact.

Back