FN 166 PBP Dos Santos vs Blaydes

Ended down .5u on what would've been a good night. Can't complain too much. Good night of fights overall. Hope you ended well yourself

I ended up dead even...because I don't bet anymore unless I'm in Vegas ha ha. Books (5d, to be specific) limited me awhile back and I said F it. I still like to handicap fights and watch them with a bettor's eye (and chime in here and there in this part of the forum). And I'll generally have a few thousand in play when I get to Vegas, which is generally 2-3 times a year.

Waiting to see what the Lee/Oliveira line looks like. That's the one I am hoping to see the line be in the area I think it will be, so I can make a big play since I'll be in Vegas a bit before that event.

Curtis is really evolving. Baiting the JDS uppercut with a takedown feint and having the timing to land a flush overhand is pretty high level.

That's HW I guess time to fade a few Latin Americans

Last edited:
Curtis is really evolving. Baiting the JDS uppercut with a takedown feint and having the timing to land a flush overhand is pretty high level.
You're definitely right on that. He really showed some intelligence and improvement there. Read JDS' game plan, timed him, and drove it home.

You're definitely right on that. He really showed some intelligence and improvement there. Read JDS' game plan, timed him, and drove it home.

Partly. I think that's true...but I also think it's the fact that JDS reflexes aren't what they were.

Reflexes, speed, and youth can mask so many technical mistakes.

I swear, sometimes when these guys age and people say their chin is shot or they aren't durable anymore it's more a matter of them getting hit flush with shots that they used to shoulder roll or slip. Maybe they'd glance off them when they were 30 but when they are 37 they take it square on the chin.

Sometimes it is just a shot chin but sometimes it's just getting clipped clean with punches you never used to absorb.

Countering a jab with an uppercut

brilliant
Hey snitch, JDS was your value bet so stfu.

Good night, my 90% win chance fighter parlay hit, another good weekend.

To bad Landwehr messed up but im happy anyway

Man in hindsight, I feel like Brett Johns was steal of the year so far.

Chiesa surprised me. I only thought he’d win via fluke-ish RNC(Dariush fight).

Warning: LONG ASS POST BELOW
Countering a jab with an uppercut

brilliant
LOL
JDS is a fucking moron. Everybody who had some quick feet and was not afraid to push forward was able to beat him. I was so confident in Razor Blaydes just because he is fast and will go forward. Even if he had no wrestling he was going to knock him the fuck out.
...The thing is Blaydes is not a striker, he is a wrestler. But when he chooses to strike (or he is forced to) he is decent, at the minimum better than Lewis. LOL Come on, man... ...And I don't even need to mention the wrestling edge. Unless Curtis freaks out and make a giant mistake and somehow managed to impale himself onto the perfect JDS counter (and JDS is not much of a counter puncher), I don't see him losing this.
Chiesa surprised me. I only thought he’d win via fluke-ish RNC(Dariush fight).
Chiesa didn't surprised me one bit. He fought exactly the way I expected. I didn't expected RDA to be so bad at wrestling, tho. I mean... I know he's been outwrestled so much lately, but by way better opposition. I knew he just can't avoid tangling up with this guy, but thought he will be the better grappler.
RDA was never a good in-and-out fighter. Which I think would've serve him the best in this particular fight. He is either going forward until he clinches up with you, or he is going back until his back hits the fence and again - clinches up with you. He is 100% gonna end up in a lot of clinches and wrestling with Chiesa. And he'll probably outwrestle him and outgrapple him. But this will give Chiesa chances to do something.
Props to some of the people who said Chiesa is a live dog:
@2020Tracked
@Dooze
@EvoIXDan
and let's not forget the Mysic @Wiktoruspro
Chiesa should win this fight heavy grappling against old RDA, ww suits him well.

Chiesa coming threw for the elite cappers $$$.

Great job by everyone who was on Chiesa, sharp af! Give yourself a pat on the back.

Congrats on the Chiesa backers there. I really didn't see him controlling the way he did on the ground. I thought the fight would look like Rd 2 for most of it.

I had literally won every bet up until Espinosa then followed by Chiesa. Still ended up profitable for the night. I thought it was somewhat of an easy card to bet, but a scary one since I thought most favs would win. A few losses can wipe out profit quickly.

Chiesa fight played out mostly as I expected, only with 2nd and 3rd round switched around.

RDA just has a bad habit of putting his back too close to the cage, similar to Vick. Vick it usually results in getting KOed, RDA it invokes grappling exchanges and the clinch/grapple heavy approach of Chiesa was his only way to win.

Only did 2 bets since I thought this was next week so just put them on before I fell asleep when the prelims were starting;

0.5U - Blades KO + RDA KO @ 9.0 (was confident in Blaydes and striking advantage for RDA was big, was just whether he'd get chance to work it)

1U Chiesa Dec @ 5.5 (think said it my breakdown at the start of the discussion thread that big brothering RDA in the grappling to a decision was how I saw him winning. Felt he had a chance at a RNC but winning 2 rounds with his grappling was his biggest shot in my eyes.

Can't remember if it was DC or Bisping who mentioned that stat I said in my breakdown in the discussion topic about RDA being taken down 28 times in his last 5 fights.

Granted it was against top level guys, but it was a big indicator for me given Chiesas grappling approach and size that he'd likely have success there. He did it against Diego and Condit, he's much stronger and better conditioned at 170 and despite my girlfriend's insistence, size matters.

Chiesa/RDA played out more or less as expected, RDA chopping away with the leg kicks but getting out muscled in the grappling, all of his recent loses have came the same way.

I expected Blaydes to secure a takedown early, my initial read was a ground and point finish. I did originally predict under 1.5 to cash but got swayed away from it by people on here and twitter. It was a fair call to go with the over really, it made sense, but my early thinking was JDS just wouldn't be able to take the damage any more.

Landsberg was a terrible terrible pick, I looked too much into McManns time out and baby having

Lol i was on chiesa but the night was so bad that I switched just to not take another L and I took another L.
Landwehr was good but then got killed by a random knee.
Johns wrestling was way better than gravely, unexpected.
Lansberg sucks, was not even a fight.
Pudilova was the most shocking performance ever, I didn't see that coming, just doing nothing.
Hanna just discovered that Hill is becoming the woman version of khabib.
And then RDA get wrestlefucked.

Lol.

That sucks but I'll take it Allen losing would have killed my night.
Somebody on Reddit:
"Looks like he Nicked his lens"

For all the people who got f'd by Pudilova on this card, if it's any solace she just got released from the UFC this past weekend.

For all the people who got f'd by Pudilova on this card, if it's any solace she just got released from the UFC this past weekend.
Wow that makes me so happy. What a shitpost. Pudilova tried but she sucks balls. If it gives you any solace that she got fired from her job than you are a real piece of shit.

Wow that makes me so happy. What a shitpost. Pudilova tried but she sucks balls. If it gives you any solace that she got fired from her job than you are a real piece of shit.
I'm ecstatic. 1-4 in her last 5 fights and clearly doesn't give a shit anymore based on her performance vs Kish. Such a God awful fight that still hasn't left my mind. In any case I'm sure Bellator has a prelim spot available for her if she still has the passion (doubtful).

I'm ecstatic. 1-4 in her last 5 fights and clearly doesn't give a shit anymore based on her performance vs Kish. Such a God awful fight that still hasn't left my mind. In any case I'm sure Bellator has a prelim spot available for her if she still has the passion (doubtful).
she has always sucked ass, I dont get your point, of course she tried to win but with such limited skills its hard.

Back