Food for bulking

Best I can tell you is when I was holding 35-40 hours a week (bought a house but wrecked my body) I would go to the sandwich shop and look at the menu in order to eat what ever had to most calories. 2400 in one sitting easily. I was hitting 4-5k a day and maintaining weight.

I’ve cot a pretty mobile and active style of holding pads too, im basically sparring and directing my fighter at the same time:

More meals makes sense. That’s a good call

Haha dude you are effectively sparring with everyone as a full time job. When I have tried to gain weight I have had success by getting atleast 4 meals in a day of good quality protein and never being scared of carbs/fat. I also was drinking 2-3 glasses of wine a night, but I don't recommend that. I respond pretty well to creatine also. I ran out recently and I have dropped 4-5 kg(lbs are stupid, but about 10lbs ) in 4 weeks whilst eating whatever I want.

I find huge meals never worked for me. I need large, but reasonable 700-1000 calorie meals, but atleast 4 of them. Then add some junk around that (icecream is my go to) and I would steadily gain weight.

Haha dude you are effectively sparring with everyone as a full time job. When I have tried to gain weight I have had success by getting atleast 4 meals in a day of good quality protein and never being scared of carbs/fat. I also was drinking 2-3 glasses of wine a night, but I don't recommend that. I respond pretty well to creatine also. I ran out recently and I have dropped 4-5 kg(lbs are stupid, but about 10lbs ) in 4 weeks whilst eating whatever I want.

I find huge meals never worked for me. I need large, but reasonable 700-1000 calorie meals, but atleast 4 of them. Then add some junk around that (icecream is my go to) and I would steadily gain weight.
More ice cream for sure. I heard Hollywood actors who need to gain wait drink melted pints of Ben and Jerry’s

Just eat good food that's easy to digest. The mindset of eating a bunch of garbage to put on weight needs to be left in the past. If you're 150 - 250 lbs and saying you "can't" put on weight without junk food, the problem is you and your education/knowledge on the topic and how you're approaching the task.

Stan Efferding's Vertical Diet is a great place to start reading.

150.2lbs today! Finally crossed over the stubborn 149 line. Lifts are going up which feels good. Breakfast rn is 1/2 cup left over rice, 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, two pieces of toast with butter and jam, and I’m going to chuck a Greek yogurt into the protein shake I drink when I’m done eating.

I’ve got steak marinating to make beef bulgogi for lunch and/or dinner.

Just eat good food that's easy to digest. The mindset of eating a bunch of garbage to put on weight needs to be left in the past. If you're 150 - 250 lbs and saying you "can't" put on weight without junk food, the problem is you and your education/knowledge on the topic and how you're approaching the task.

Stan Efferding's Vertical Diet is a great place to start reading.
The part about being easy to digest is something most don't think about, but is vital. Eating junk food seems like an easy way to get calories until you have digestive issues and end up not being able to eat as much.

5'10 145-150? Shredded like a greek god but DYEL with a shirt on? Sounds like me when I was 16, I did GOMAD and a lot of peanut butter and it worked wonders. Not sure how it's viewed nowadays, this was around 20 years ago

Check it out little man I got you.

Get a ninja bullet blender.

Ice + two scoops of chocolate whey + 1/2 cup oat flour + 2-3 cups whole milk + peanut butter + cinnamon+ ice cubes.

Tasty as fuck and you can easily get 1000 high quality protein rich calories in there. Suck that down as often as you want.

That's your dessert after you eat big meals of beef and eggs. I like taking a pound of ground beef and making a big ass patty, cook that dude up and put 4-6 fried eggs on top. Have some English muffins, toast or rice on the side.

Then eat some delicious Thai or Chinese style stir Fry's.

Nature valley oats and honey bars dipped in peanut butter washed down with whole milk.

You'll be a bulbous monster in no time.

You don't need to run 6 miles per week though. Not saying you shouldn't but it would help with weight gain.

That's like 700 calories a week for a little guy like him. That's nothing. That's less than 5 cups of milk a week. Come on.

Anyone saying running a short distance twice a week is too much is a fat pussy.

Imagine wasting even one second thinking about training, the gym, fitness etc if you really think a 150 lb guy running twice a week is too much. Lol

Wtf

Last edited:
That's like 700 calories a week for a little guy like him. That's nothing. That's less than 5 cups of milk a week. Come on.

Anyone saying running a short distance twice a week is too much is a fat pussy.

Imagine wasting even one second thinking about training, the gym, fitness etc if you really think a 150 lb guy running twice a week is too much. Lol

Wtf
You don’t know what you’re talking about and that’s not what I said.

You don't want to hear this but you are probably not eating enough. Also drop the cardio to once a week.

I always notice this and I think everyone else would too if they paid attention closely; 99% of skinny people that brag about eating a lot and staying skinny don't actually eat a lot, they just think they do because they get full easily (small stomachs).

If you watch/observe a skinny person, they'll eat banana and a cup of soup and then say "yeah I'm full, that was a good meal", whereas true overeating fatasses like me will easily gluttonize an entire pizza pie and, very fairly, get fat as fuck as a result.

Stop the cap skinny people, I studied you, I know you.

I always notice this and I think everyone else would too if they paid attention closely; 99% of skinny people that brag about eating a lot and staying skinny don't actually eat a lot, they just think they do because they get full easily (small stomachs).

If you watch/observe a skinny person, they'll eat banana and a cup of soup and then say "yeah I'm full, that was a good meal", whereas true overeating fatasses like me will easily gluttonize an entire pizza pie and, very fairly, get fat as fuck as a result.

Stop the cap skinny people, I studied you, I know you.

That's exactly what I noticed when I did my first bulk over 15 years ago. I thought I'm eating like a motherfucker why am I not gaining?? Then I started counting my calories and realized I wasn't eating nearly enough lol.

Also agree with rawdog that, if nothing works, you may be overestimating what you eat. You may want to keep a food log and weigh your portions, though this is not feasible for everyone.
Yeah do this -- write down *everything* you eat and drink each day (that has any calories) and weigh your food and and use a website that gives calories (CalorieKing.com or fitness app like MyFitnessPal as examples) and just do this for a week and you'll have a pretty accurate record of calories consumed.

Guessing won't work. Food log and calculate cals and protein. Easy enough to do. Remember the drinks too (anything other than water really).

Back