For Aspinall...

LoveSherdogThisTime

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Pavlovich and Ngannou are tougher match ups than Jon.

I think Aspinall will struggle against power punchers because he has to consistently close distance due to his shorter arm length. It's not that he has problem closing the distance, there's just too much risk every time.

Aspinall excels at what Jon lacks. Aspinall throws combinations quicker than lot of the middleweights. He's not swinging for the fences for Jon to avoid.

I was and still am to some degree a Jon believer. I was probably the only one on this site who predicted (didn't come true) that Jon is the superior striker to Gane. I am telling you guys, Jon even at his lightest can't match Aspinall's quickness.

When you add that Aspinall is no slouch in grappling, this may be Jon's toughest fight in the division along with an aged out of prime Stipe.

I think Aspinall matches up well with current Jones because he can grapple well and (assuming he recovered from injury well) is the superior athlete at this point.

I somewhat agree that he’s in more danger against Pavlovich. He looked sloppy in the standup against Blaydes. I have to think he’d get KO’d like that against the super heavy hitters like Pav or Ngannou. But he would probably fight them differently and initiate clinches/shoot blast double. He has all the tools to win against anyone.

Maybe we should see how Aspinall looks after a very bad injury?

This sport often seems to overlook massive injuries, assuming everything will be exactly the same as before.

If Tybura gets close, he'll put some pressure on that knee in the clinch, believe that.

Hope he will give his nuthuggers more than 13 seconds this time.

KaleidoscopicDefiantFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Pavlovich and Ngannou are tougher match ups than Jon.

I think Aspinall will struggle against power punchers because he has to consistently close distance due to his shorter arm length. It's not that he has problem closing the distance, there's just too much risk every time.

Aspinall excels at what Jon lacks. Aspinall throws combinations quicker than lot of the middleweights. He's not swinging for the fences for Jon to avoid.

I was and still am to some degree a Jon believer. I was probably the only one on this site who predicted (didn't come true) that Jon is the superior striker to Gane. I am telling you guys, Jon even at his lightest can't match Aspinall's quickness.

When you add that Aspinall is no slouch in grappling, this may be Jon's toughest fight in the division along with an aged out of prime Stipe.

Here's the problem as of now with Aspinall.
We have to see how reacts to being in the cage after the knee surgery.

He didn't have a simple tear, it was multiple tears.
If he steamrolls Tybura then we're in business.

Im a huge fan of Aspinall so I hope he looks great and smashes Tybura.

WAR ASPINALL

Maybe we should see how Aspinall looks after a very bad injury?

This sport often seems to overlook massive injuries, assuming everything will be exactly the same as before.

If Tybura gets close, he'll put some pressure on that knee in the clinch, believe that.
It’s the first thing I talked about in my pre-fight post. I blew out my knee, and it took about two years before the nerves came back and my knee felt normal again. It worked ok. But I couldn’t really feel it. And I couldn’t kneel on it. It felt too weird. Like pins and needles when you hit your funny bone. Or when a limb falls asleep, and then starts coming back to normal.

I’m hoping this fight goes to at least round 3. We haven’t seen Aspinall go longer than 6:09 in the UFC. I’d like to see what he looks like in deeper water.

It’s the first thing I talked about in my pre-fight post. I blew out my knee, and it took about two years before the nerves came back and my knee felt normal again. It worked ok. But I couldn’t really feel it. And I couldn’t kneel on it. It felt too weird. Like pins and needles when you hit your funny bone. Or when a limb falls asleep, and then starts coming back to normal.

I’m hoping this fight goes to at least round 3. We haven’t seen Aspinall go longer than 6:09 in the UFC. I’d like to see what he looks like in deeper water.

I'm sure it feels good to Tom or he wouldn't be stepping in, but yeah, these things can be surprising.

Even if it's a minor loss of power or slight weakness in the turn, it could yet have an impact. Maybe even a big one!

Hopefully Tybura pushes forwards, as Aspinall's injury came from a backwards movement.

Jesus you act like he lasted 13 seconds and ran out in fear lol.
Considering he is one of the nicest guys in all of MMA Aspinall sure does have a lot of haters this time around. Seen a lot of hate posts this week.

Last edited:
Considering he is one of the nicest guys in all of MMA Aspinall sure does have a lot of haters this time around. Ssem a lot of hate posts this week.

I mean he injured himself and that seems to be a reason to hate him now, I'm not buying it sir.

I mean he injured himself and that seems to be a reason to hate him now, I'm not buying it sir.

And I’m not buying that he wasn't injured before stepping in against Blaydes. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice…

tj-dillashaw.gif

I've always said Aspinall was the champ in waiting, the guy is ridiculously good everywhere. He beats Jone and everyone else in the hw division imo, and he's still young.

Back