For Aspinall...

Aspinall's face blitzes always make me nervous.

Fedor used to do the same thing, blitz with zero defense. He got caught once in awhile too. We'll see if Tom's speed can keep him safe like it did for Fedor most of the time.

Pavlovich and Ngannou are tougher match ups than Jon.

I think Aspinall will struggle against power punchers because he has to consistently close distance due to his shorter arm length. It's not that he has problem closing the distance, there's just too much risk every time.

Aspinall excels at what Jon lacks. Aspinall throws combinations quicker than lot of the middleweights. He's not swinging for the fences for Jon to avoid.

I was and still am to some degree a Jon believer. I was probably the only one on this site who predicted (didn't come true) that Jon is the superior striker to Gane. I am telling you guys, Jon even at his lightest can't match Aspinall's quickness.

When you add that Aspinall is no slouch in grappling, this may be Jon's toughest fight in the division along with an aged out of prime Stipe.

finally somebody making some sense. it seems like every time a fighter wins a fight they are the greatest thing since sliced bread on sherdog (that and when they lose, the were "never that good")

Quite the performance, unfortunately I doubt that we ever get to see Aspinall or Pavelovlichgomedov versus Jones, but against each other is an intriguing fight… maybe for the vacant title

Pre injury I agree. Now I'd just be worried Jon would stomp on that bad knee and end Tom's career.

I'm still feeling pretty confident in Tom's chances, bud. ;)

Considering he is one of the nicest guys in all of MMA Aspinall sure does have a lot of haters this time around. Seen a lot of hate posts this week.

Looks like Tom came through sir.
He looked excellent out there, moved really well.

Well, Aspinall didn’t show up injured and got the 1st round finish. Great, now would like that Blaydes rematch by end of year.

Hold on if Aspen Laddd married Aspinall she could be Aspen Aspinall

End of message

Back