For Christmas Eve, my band released our new song

Jesse Pinkman

Life's a risk, carnal
Platinum Member
Reaction score
recorded at Rancho de La Luna and produced by Dave Catching, my band manhigh release our new single tonight. If the YouTube doesn’t link it’s on literally every streaming platform under Manhigh - High on Spacetime

Rancho de la Luna is a studio in Joshua Tree, CA notable for their work with QOTSA, Arctic Monkeys, Iggy Pop and Eagles of Death Metal. We worked with producer Dave Catching, former member of Queens of the Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal and Mojave Lords. The studio was also on an episode of Anthony Bourdain’s “Parts Unknown” as well

Sounds great man

You guys are onto something. Getting a queens of the stone age/soundgarden/ Alice in chains vibe. In a good way. Keep it up

Last edited:
Sounds great man

You guys are onto something. Getting a queens of the stone age/soundgarden/ Alice in chains vibe. In a good way. Keep it up
Huge honor brother all my favorite music

You do sound a bit like QOTSA. I like the song, sounds nice enough and complicated in a good way. What's your role in the band?

You do sound a bit like QOTSA. I like the song, sounds nice enough and complicated in a good way. What's your role in the band?

I sing and play guitar. We are a three piece band, my wife plays bass and our friend drums. I handle all management and writing as well

I sing and play guitar. We are a three piece band, my wife plays bass and our friend drums. I handle all management and writing as well
If you want honest feedback I thought the vocals were good but not great. The tone on your voice is on point but id like to hear more dynamics. You sort of stayed in the same range and seemed like you can do more with it. Some harmony vocals would do alot for you guys. I thought the guitar work was really tasty. Those bends were on point. It's real good I have a feeling you guys are gonna keep improving. To reiterate your voice is great I just wanna hear more of it! I'm nit picking.

If you want honest feedback I thought the vocals were good but not great. The tone on your voice is on point but id like to hear more dynamics. You sort of stayed in the same range and seemed like you can do more with it. Some harmony vocals would do alot for you guys. I thought the guitar work was really tasty. Those bends were on point. It's real good I have a feeling you guys are gonna keep improving. To reiterate your voice is great I just wanna hear more of it! I'm nit picking.

No problem! I do push my voice much harder on other songs as well. Hope you will give those a chance when they’re done! I really appreciate you listening in!

No problem! I do push my voice much harder on other songs as well. Hope you will give those a chance when they’re done! I really appreciate you listening in!
Sure, post them, it will be interesting to listen.

Wow, excellent work dude. I especially love that outro starting around 3:56, great momentum. The whole song seems to really push forward like a flood, I dig it. I will have to listen to more.

Wow, excellent work dude. I especially love that outro starting around 3:56, great momentum. The whole song seems to really push forward like a flood, I dig it. I will have to listen to more.
Thank you so much! I really dug coming up with the build toward that climax we were super proud when we recorded it after playing with the song live a lot

MessyDecisiveAmberpenshell-max-1mb.gif

Has a nice stoner groove rock vibe to it. Keep up the good work man!

Sounds pretty good. But, the mix, in my opinion, can be better. To me, the vocals are a little too buried in the mix.

recorded at Rancho de La Luna and produced by Dave Catching, my band manhigh release our new single tonight. If the YouTube doesn’t link it’s on literally every streaming platform under Manhigh - High on Spacetime

honest criticism:

1. the vocals are a little weak. there is an interesting pitch being used, but it requires a stronger, more bellowly voice to pull of. instead, it felt a little tinny. it could be purposeful - to give a gritty rather than fuller emotion - but there's something "off" about the execution.
  2. also, the vocals feel poorly mixed. they sound like they were recorded in an entirely different studio, in an entirely different time period. (live from the space ship in spacetime?)
  3. the instrumentals are spot-on. strong playing. showing a lot of expertise. although some parts sound familiar.
  4. also, no verses about cock rings. so, song has limited appeal to me. more cock rings references will result in #1 hit.

Back