For people saying that Blaydes laid on Willis for 3 rounds...

if anyone's saying that they are right. Blaydes does not have that killer instinct.

Apparently you didn't watch the fight because stipe did stand with him round after round.

https://i.redd.it/tywv02bk9bf01.gif

Blades isn't a fighter fighter. And that's why I scream for his ko at my TV when he's on.

Stipe was so inactive in that fight that the ref warned him 3 times to work. He spent literally minutes at a time doing nothing.

Keep reaching though.

Stipe landed way more strikes and actually beat Francis up in the feet and besides two or three brief takedowns he stood the whole first round in the feet with Ngannou and actually rocked him . Blaydes wasnt eveng landing GnP he had one knockdown in the feet and thats it also given the fact that he was fighting Justin Willis and not a Francis Ngannou .
Blaydes put on a wrestling clinic but he should have finished Willis hecould have gotten the backmount numerous times but he didnt want to . Neither did he go for a submission even once even his corner was yelling LAY AT HIM.
I dont have a problem with Blaydes gameplan he put on a wrestling clinic and it was entertaining for him to call that annoying pos Willis out for his trashtalk but Stipe performance was 100x better its not even comparable.

GSP actually was smashing people in the ground yet you hate on him but you are trying to praise Blaydes / defend him ? Why is that ?

Stipe "beat Ngannou up on the feet'?

GSP "smashed people on the ground"?

Lol what color is the sky in your world?

It's the wrestling with really average gnp which make him a very meh fighter. Respect to fighters that wrestle and have amazing top game, looking to put their opponent's face through the mat, but Blaydes is just so meh.

Did you all forget how many times Blaydes picked him up and slammed him? He now has the record for most takedowns at HW.

Stipe "beat Ngannou up on the feet'?

GSP "smashed people on the ground"?

Lol what color is the sky in your world?
Go rewatch that fight dummie Stipe won most of the striking exchanges against Ngannou and rocked him at the end of the first . GSP landed way more GnP than the guy you are trying to defend did and did it agaisnt skilled opponents not against jobbers like Justin Willis . Stipe's performance agaisnt Ngannou was 100x the Blaydes performance against Willis .

Why do you hate on GSP for the same reason you are defending Blaydes ?

Willis was talking a LOT leading up to this fight, especially about his wrestling and the fact he trains with DC. Was funny seeing him look absolutely helpless in the wrestling department. Like he'd never wrestled before, even. Blaydes is a damn solid HW. He'd give Jon Jones a real torrid time at HW.

However, he needs to start finishing guys if he wants to be in the title picture.

Go rewatch that fight dummie Stipe won most of the striking exchanges against Ngannou and rocked him at the end of the first . GSP landed way more GnP than the guy you are trying to defend did and did it agaisnt skilled opponents not against jobbers like Justin Willis . Stipe's performance agaisnt Ngannou was 100x the Blaydes performance against Willis .

Why do you hate on GSP for the same reason you are defending Blaydes ?

Not defending Blaydes at all actually. I like watching fighters, not wrestlehumpers like GSP, Blaydes, Usman etc. DC is wrestler but also a fighter who will KO you. Those are the kind of wrestlers who are entertaining to watch.

I'm calling out hypocrites who say it's OK when their favorite fighter does it, and then not OK other times.

Also stop acting like Stipe was piecing Ngannou up on the feet. Stipe wanted NOTHING to do with Ngannou''s hands which is why he wrestle fucked him for 25 minutes straight.

Curtis needz to find his darkside (no pun intended) he lacks that kill switch every time Willis was under him he should've tore him up with lethal GnP...

Curtis needz to find his darkside (no pun intended) the lacks that kill switch every time Willis was under him he should've tore him up with lethal GnP...

Man, I wish fighters would look for the Bulldog when they have someone pressed against the cage like that so often.

Just curious, were you complaining when Stipe did it to Ngannou for 5 rounds? Or was it a "brilliant gameplan" when Stipe did it?

Thanks for bringing up this point. The problem with dominant fights without a finish is that people assume "well if you could dominate them, why couldn't you finish them?" And that's a fair question. He had his opponent's back for nearly 15 minutes and never once went for a finish. It's justifiable to call it boring. But it was also a strong performance to show the HW division of what he's capable of.

I"d love to see him against Stipe. I'd love to see him against DC. I think DC smokes him.

Both are similar and it shows the weakness of the HW division. All of the submission artists for the HW are becoming a thing of the past. All they want to do is bang or survive while nullifying their opponent in the submissive position.

Bring back knees to the head of a grounded opponent; it gives wrestlers more tools to do damage and incentivizes the guy on bottom to get up quicker or secure a submission.

i mean a lot of people did shit on stipe's performance though, ngannou was an absolute zombie after round 1 or 2 and stipe couldn't get him out of there.

you know if that was DC in stipe's position he would have snagged an easy RNC.

Blame the fat guy with no wrestling who kept getting taken down and not the guy who kept taking him down.
If you can't wrestle don't take fights with wrestlers. If you can wrestle, use it to win fights.
willis is actually a decent wrestler, blaydes is just a better wrestler.

Back