Media Ilia Topuria "Think UFC Wants Me To Headline UFC 306: The Sphere" - Won't Fight Max Unless It's For BMF Belt

Can you really be the BMF if you landed two significant illegal strikes in your fight to win? Justin took an eyepoke to each eye, I like Max, it’s just a shame he had to win like that.

He's right. He knocked out the reigning champ that beat Max 3x times... there needs to be some sort of incentive for him as defending the belt is a losing proposition.

Topuria respects the lineage of the BMF Belt ;)

Pfffffft, the BMF nonsense is a bullshit smokescreen. He wants nothing to do with Max.

Topuria wants to fight Volk again because it's the easier fight. First no one was worthy of the shot, and as soon as Holloway sends Gaethje to the shadow realm and talk of a FW title shot comes up, now it's "Volk deserves it more..." foolishness.

Topuria has no clout just like most of the other UFC champs. Shut the fuck up and do as your told. As much as I like Volk and think he genuinely does deserve the rematch, I hope the UFC does feed Max to Topuria just to put him in his place.

"I’m the champion right now, I choose the date, I choose the place."
No, you don't. I hate this mentality from fresh champions, makes me want to see them lose instinctively.

Does Conor have any title defenses? LOL

You're weird asf and moving the goal posts.

Topuria just KO'd the reigning FW champ... why do you think he would fight Evloev right now when there are other bigger names infront of him?

Max is the big name in front of him, other than that who are you talking about? Conor has no interesting in fighting him, so stop bringing up fake matchups. His first fight is going to be a title defense.

My point is if Max isn't the opponent it would be someone like Evloev, who is a name that had been floated before 300. And that's not a big fight so would probably end up as a comain on a PPV. If the opponent is Max, it's a main event.

Word for word what I said post fight and got shitted on by sherdorks.

Mothafucka acted way too hard after baiting someone into a KO while refusing to engage in that style earlier in the fight.

Topuria is a G

Y'all better start coming around cause this dude is the truth. He's been accurate on everything he says.. Mystic Topuria.

I don't think he was necessarily scared, but he did look he was taken a bit off guard by Max flatlining Gaethje, then calling him out.

Blessed is a legit BAMF.

Meh.

The headline makes it sound different than when you listen to it - and he basically says "I prefer Volk over Max"

It is not an insane statement. Volk was the a solid reigning FW champ.

I mean yeah we're all hyped as hell on Max and we think Volk is past prime and got concussed too many times. But hey - consider recency bias. If Volk beats Topuria and then beats Max again everyone would say "yeah we all knew it"

Please, for the love of all things in MMA, let this weirdo get his ass handed to him so we never have to hear the stupid shit he's saying again.

People said the same thing about Gaetjhe. Look what happened.

And prior to this weekend you would ask anyone who's more dangerous between Illia and Gaethje. Most people would answer Gaethje.
People who said justin would win or dominate max are just casuals who dont understand striking or fighting in general.
Justin is low IQ brawler
Ilia is one of the most skilled techical and smart fighter in mma history you may not agree now but after few years you will.

Ilia dominates him lets see if max has balls to bring same energy in first 10 seconds

lol, lil man has recovered now?

Where was this big mouth energy when he was cage side?

It was absent. He froze like Elsa.

I don't think he was necessarily scared, but he did look he was taken a bit off guard by Max flatlining Gaethje, then calling him out.

Blessed is a legit BAMF.
Everyone was shocked he is also fan of this sport ofc he was shocked and he slso said he didnt even know camera was on him and he was just looking around

Max is the big name in front of him, other than that who are you talking about? Conor has no interesting in fighting him, so stop bringing up fake matchups. His first fight is going to be a title defense.

My point is if Max isn't the opponent it would be someone like Evloev, who is a name that had been floated before 300. And that's not a big fight so would probably end up as a comain on a PPV. If the opponent is Max, it's a main event.

You think Topuria would agree to fight Evloev on a non headlining event? Are you dense? Do you not understand how negotiations work? He's the champ who just knocked out the p4p best fighter.

Topuria is a fiery little dude. I for one don’t mind it, gonna be a banger of a fight

Back