Matchmaking the FW Division

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
(Booking from the TOP DOWN)

Ilia vs Max- Not much needs to be said, can headline any PPV

Volk vs Evloev- 5 round co-main in Perth preferably. Evloev only has 10 minutes of gas, UFC hopes Volk survives the first 2 rounds & wins, ridding Evolev from title talk.

Ortega vs Emmett- Emmett is the next highest ranked guy for Ortega(Allen/Giga reportedly booked for the UK card in July). Great stylistical matchup for the Sphere PPV.

Yair vs Mitchell- Another great maincard fight for the Sphere PPV. If Mitchell isn't ready to return(9 months post KO), insert Ige.

Aljo vs Lopes- Another great maincard fight for the Sphere. Lopes is impossible to be in a boring fight, and I'm sure the UFC is hoping he nullifies Aljo's grappling & puts him away. Maybe Aljo's last fight in the UFC, PFLator would be a nice home for him going forward.

Allen vs Giga- UFC 304 in the UK. Solid scrap, winner(Allen) gets back on track.

Kattar vs Landwher- Kattar looked rusty, perhaps old. But he took no damage so a step-back in competition against a striker is in order. You could put this on the maincard of IFW to open the PPV. "NATE THE TRAIN IN THE UFC BABAY!" Also Apex main or co-main worthy.

Ige vs Murphy/Edson winner- likely Murphy which was originally scheduled in FEB before Murphy pulled out. If not the 1st Edson fight was controversial & could've used 2 more rounds. Perfect Apex main-event either way.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
hear me out....

aljo vs. volk
aljo vs. ortega
volk vs. ortega

for the next title shot eliminator unless volk is rewarded a follow up rematch for being the face of FW for so long

hear me out....

aljo vs. volk
aljo vs. ortega
volk vs. ortega

for the next title shot eliminator unless volk is rewarded a follow up rematch for being the face of FW for so long
How are are they going to all fight each other? Ilia is ready to defend this fall, no reason to jeopardize his next potential opponent. If Volk/Aljo happens in August or Sep, the winner isn't fighting until DEC or 2025.

Not too mention Ilia/Max is far & away the fight to make. Unless Max opts to defend his BMF vs Chandler/Conor.

Why should Aljo be sent off to PFL?
Mutual parting of ways, similar to Corey Anderson. It would also be 2 losses out of 3 & he's not a draw or exciting fighter. Also heading into his late 30s. Expensive salary. Many reasons if you give it some thought.

Mutual parting of ways, similar to Corey Anderson. It would also be 2 losses out of 3 & he's not a draw or exciting fighter. Also heading into his late 30s. Expensive salary. Many reasons if you give it some thought.
He's ranked #15 in the UFC pound for pound rankings.

-Topuria vs Holloway
-Volkanovski vs Topuria/Holloway winner
-Evloev vs Ortega
-Aljo vs Emmet
-Lopes vs Mitchel
-Rodriguez vs Ige

-Topuria vs Holloway
-Volkanovski vs Topuria/Holloway winner
-Evloev vs Ortega
-Aljo vs Emmet
-Lopes vs Mitchel
-Rodriguez vs Ige
I could see this domino-scenario if Volk is fine sitting out until the Spring of 2025.

Back